Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2011 St. Charles Hobbytown Racing Schedule >

2011 St. Charles Hobbytown Racing Schedule

2011 St. Charles Hobbytown Racing Schedule

Old 06-06-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default 2011 St. Charles Hobbytown Racing Schedule

Hello Racers, I know we are a third into the racing schedule but here are the rest of the dates and locations;
June 12-Pride of the Fox River Fest; from the store take main st. west to Rt. 31, make a left on Rt. 31 and go to Illinois light and make a left, then you will make a left at the next light which will be 1st. st.
July 9
July 23
August 6
August 20will be in Elburn at Lions Park, this is are regular parking lot race
August 21will be in Elburn at Lions Park, this is are annual Elburn Days Dirt Race,
September 10
September 24
October 1 Awards Ceremony

If you have any Questions please contact the store at 630-587-1256, or email us [email protected] and put racing as the subject

*Please Like Our Facebook Page We will Also Have The schedule there and other events*
Old 06-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Pride of the Fox Race

Who is in for some VTA this Sunday? This sounds like it could be a fun event!
Post up if you’re planning on going to the race and what your going to run, VTA, Slash, etc.

Any more detail from HobbyTown would be great.
Will there be power, & staging area with tables? Are there specific classes they are running for this event? What time does racing start? How many heats will there be?

Looking forward to a good turnout!
Paul H.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pride of the fox race

We will provide the power for charging and transponders,
you will be pitting in grass area, need to bring own power cables and tables

The classes are that we can run
1/16 rally class
VTA
Stock touring-17.5
Stock SCT-17.5 *with no boost or timing, 2s lipo and any sct tire and wheel combo
Mod SCT
Tamiya Mini's-1/18 scale
Open offroad

Any more questions let us know

Last edited by krzyspddemon76; 06-06-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: missing info
Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default USE THIS THREAD!

Okay. So I'm trying to help out and get everyone here to this thread to avoid the confusion of potentially different information getting posted to multiple threads. Thanks to our race director, "krzyspddemon76" for taking the time to come hear get us all up to speed. Just let those other threads fall off the edge of the message board.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

So Sunday, June 12th I'm planning on attending. Will run VTA for sure and maybe one other class, either Mini or 17.5 TC. St. Charles HT has done a great job in the past getting out in the community with these special event races and promoting the hobby. Elburn days has been one of my favorites but this one looks like it could give it a run.

I'm told the satellite imagery on Google Maps (and MapQuest too) is old and inaccurate. There is a new extended parking area along the East side of First Street. That parking area along with a portion of First Street will be the track. So we will be parking in the grassy area on the NE corner of First and Illinois streets and racing in the street! Sounds like a good time. I think VTA will be a spectator favorite for sure.

St. Charles Hobbytown uses AMB scoring and provides electric power via a generator. Entry fees are normally $10 for the first class and $5 for each class after that. There are no spec tire requirements and tech is essentially an honor system. I'm sure the fest will have porta potties set up somewhere for bathrooms and there's bound to be tons of good food and beverages. This is big value for your racing dollars! Fun, food, spectators and a generally good time.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:33 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

krzyspddemon76 & beemerfan - Thanks.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Will you be having a race on the weekend of the 25 / 26th June?
I have a touring car, Electric with a 17.5 BL Motor.

Anthony
Old 06-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

The Hobbytown in St. Charles, IL does not have any racing that weekend. All the race dates are in the first post. However, if you are going to be in the Chicago area that weekend, there is plenty of good racing going on. Byron Fuels sponsors the On-Road Nitro Challenge that weekend at the world class Leisure Hours Raceway in Joliet, IL. This race would be fun even just to watch. The Track at Harbor Hobbies (Winthrop Harbor, IL) should be having parking lot racing that Saturday afternoon. Sunday you could head up to Norridge for parking lot racing at Strictly R/C. Or if you don't want to bring anything at all, you could head over to the Berkeley Park District for some all inclusive Mini-Z racing. Lot's of choices for someone wanting to play on the asphalt or carpet that weekend. I put up a full on-road schedule of the area's racing at this thread. If you search any of the names I just mentioned, you should be able to find the threads related to those facilities.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

but sunday race don't count as far as this season race points right?
Old 06-06-2011, 08:23 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default Winfield RC Races

Don't forget the races in Winfield.
June 18
July 16
Aug. 13
Sept. 17

http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...racing-24.html
Old 06-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

yes the pride of the fox is part of our point series, the only race that is not part of the series is the Elburn Days Dirt Race
Old 06-07-2011, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Faxx21
Who is in for some VTA this Sunday? This sounds like it could be a fun event!
Post up if you’re planning on going to the race and what your going to run, VTA, Slash, etc.

Looking forward to a good turnout!
Paul H.
I'm rebuilding my VTA right now. I was going to go to the A.A. at Strictly but I think I will stay out west here. I might put my RCGT car back together too for some stock rubber.
I might run SCT.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I'll be there this sunday.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Chute - missing two points races Last week was Nascar in Joliet and this Sunday is AA in Norridge. I'll make it to the next one with VTA and mini cooper.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

"Sunday is RC Car Racing Day with Hobbytown USA. Watch the professionals and then try your hand racing these cars around the track."

I took this quote from the Pride of the Fox Riverfest website. So I guess we're the "professionals." Should be an interesting day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.