Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
R/C Raceway now open in Streamwood, IL >

R/C Raceway now open in Streamwood, IL

R/C Raceway now open in Streamwood, IL

Old 06-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

Post R/C Raceway now open in Streamwood, IL

First of all I want to thank everyone personally for coming out on our opening day Saturday June 4th and showing your support for the track. It really means a lot to us. We are so excited that the track is getting some good reviews and intend to do whatever it takes to make the track and your experience there the best we possibly can. I can't tell you how much I appreciate and relish the chance to talk with so many of you and hear first hand your thoughts and suggestions. It is our intention to make this track your track.

I know we haven't been giving you all the pics and info you wanted while building the track, but it was a very exhausting 45 days, sometimes not getting home until well after 1am. Still I apologize for the lack of needed info. With things calming down now, I will be giving updates and announcing any upcoming events much more regularly for all of you.

As for some of the questions I've seen: we do have plans to put up our web-site in the next 30-90 days. We will announce it for all of you when it's up and running. We plan to start our racing schedule in July and are still deciding what would be the best race days. If there is enough interest we will do Sunday Racing and twice during the week. As for classes it is still open, but 1/10, 1/16 2wd/4wd spec/mod, SC, vintage, slash....As for the timing system, I want the same thing most of you want; AMB and that is what we plan to run, but as you all know it can be quite pricey. Right now, and for all June I will run I-laps just to spit out lap times for you. I have 10 house transponders and for now it's better then nothing. We do plan to add hobby merchandise geared towards the track(trucks, buggies, parts) in the next 3-4 months and a tune/service shop. We have a decent amount of pit area, but if we need to add more we will.

Race Days: Friday Night and Sundays.
Track info: Hours Monday/Tuesday:Closed Wed-Fri:4pm-9pm Sat:11am-8pm Sun:11am-6pm.
Track pass: $10 good all day even if you leave for several hours and come back.
1st Race entry: $15
2nd Race Entry $10
Vending: Soda, Chips and candy bars at counter, Water cooler.
Location 423/425 S. Bartlett Rd. Streamwood, IL 60107
Phone # 630-246-9450

Our website is up: www.rc-raceway.com

Youtube video of opening day. Search: r/c raceway streamwood, il

Thanks Again to all of you for your sincere input and support.
Hope to see you at the track!

Pernell

Last edited by R/C Raceway; 11-27-2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Website is up
Old 06-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pswtdsceUak
Old 06-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Talking

SWEET I made the vid! I was the lt green sc10 4x4 sliding around the corner lol it was my 2nd time at a track ever! so I was happy with what I did, next time can only get better .
Old 06-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

You've got two threads on here right now. Please let me know which one you would like to keep and I can get rid of tie other.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xirtic View Post
I was driving to work this morning, and ran across a new sign at a strip mall in Streamwood off of Bartlett Road. The sign referenced an OFF-ROAD R/C Track to be opening on Saturday 6/4/2011 9am-6pm. I did not really see a space for an off-road track at that location...and the 423 Bartlett Road address is a single store front. Has anybody heard about this???
Posting this here from one of the other threads because I thought it was a classic kick off to a discussion about a new track.
Attached Thumbnails R/C Raceway now open in Streamwood, IL-streamwood-grand-opening-sign.jpg  
Old 06-08-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuckMan View Post
You've got two threads on here right now. Please let me know which one you would like to keep and I can get rid of tie other.
Even though one of the other threads has more posts, I think you ought to keep this one because the owner has the first post. Works better if the guy in charge of the track is also in charge of the thread!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beemerfan View Post
Even though one of the other threads has more posts, I think you ought to keep this one because the owner has the first post. Works better if the guy in charge of the track is also in charge of the thread!
Agree
Old 06-12-2011, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)
Default SC tires?

Gonna haul my 4x4 sc out there to day and want to know it switches or bow-ties work. By brother snagged all my tires!
Old 06-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

id say early on in the day the switches wont work as they get gummed up really quickly w/ mud until the track dries out.

Dave
Old 06-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hyperfuxx View Post
Gonna haul my 4x4 sc out there to day and want to know it switches or bow-ties work. By brother snagged all my tires!
Thats my bad!! I will bring them back in perfect working order... Maybe some new ones too. let me know how the place is.
Old 06-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

Not expecting much after I walked in but turns out it was a blast. Planning on hanging out for an hour or so and I was there for lill over three. SC will be rad when the races start. I see a buggy in the near future.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

bump
Old 06-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I passed out some business cards for this track today at the pride of the fox race, hopefully it gets some more business.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R/C Raceway View Post
If there is enough interest we will do Sunday Racing and twice during the week.
Pernell
I would love to see someone racing on Sunday for those of us in retail that work on Saturdays. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Good times there. The fasted lap I was able to muster out was 11.2, but mostly between 11.5-12.3 with a 17.5 TLR22 (no timing)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.