AJ's Raceway in DeKalb, IL

Old 08-31-2004, 12:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Post AJ's Raceway in DeKalb, IL

Hi everybody! Just thought I would revive the AJ's thread that used to be here. It will give the people who race there a place to chat, post news, and see what's happening at the track.

For those that don't know, AJ's has a permanent asphalt on road/oval track and an offroad track outside. These are open during the summer. For winter racing, there is an indoor carpet track. For more information, see the webpage: www.ajsraceway.com

Happy Racing!
Old 08-31-2004, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation 2004 ONROAD CHALLENGE

Hey all,

As the first bit of business of the new thread, AJ's is holding the 2004 ONROAD CHALLENGE on September 12th. It looks like there will be nitro sedan, as well as stock, mod, and brushless electric TC classes. I thought there was going to be 19-turn also, I'll try to double check. I will try to double check on the tire rules (I think foam will be allowed for all classes).

Check out AJ's webpage: http://www.ajsraceway.com/

Hope to see you there!

Chuck
Old 08-31-2004, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If Foam Tires are allowed I will try to make it out and race Mod or 19 turn electric Sedan. The asphalt track is Awesome and I would like to get back out there one more time.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

I just saw on his Web site he now has Personal Transponders? If thats the case thats great.
Old 08-31-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I will have to make an effort to make it to this race. He says he will run a brushless class if he has enough interest ... I am interested Anybody else out there want to run an open brushless class (novak, lehner, hacker, aveox ..... ) ?
Old 09-01-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Post More race info

I emailed A.J. and found out that there is NOT a 19-turn class. Also, stock class will be rubber tire, while all other classes will allow foams and rubber. Class summary:

Stock Electric - Rubber tire
Modified Electric - Foam tire
Brushless Electric - Foam tire
Nitro Sedac - Foam tire

Kevin - I think A.J.'s system allows the use of personal transponders, but I don't think he has any available for use, if that's what you're asking. I could be wrong though, as I haven't been able to attend a race there since carpet season due to racing offroad on A.J.'s onroad days. Hope you can make it out!

kufman - I'll run brushless with you, if you let me borrow one of your systems ! If your free Saturday, we should try to go for some practrice.

Later,
Chuck
Old 09-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Juan,

Sure you can use a system. You want to run foam or rubber? I guess we have to run foam if others show up to run brushless. Which system would you like to use? Saturday sounds good to me for some practice.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

kufman - I assume you're using your Schulze/Lehnier system, and the Aveox is probably to big to fit in my car (and requires a receiver pack?). That leaves the Novak. I'll run what ever tires you like. I was thinking of buying some foams to at least try out for fun, having never run them.

Kevin K - Do you have a recommendation for what foam tires to run on A.J.'s asphalt track? As a foam newbie I can use all the help I can get! Thanks.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Tech Initiate

For foams, plaid fronts and Purple rears are the hook-up. Or you can run the CRC R3 & F4's. I have both in stock if needed. Hope you come out it should be fun.

AJ
Old 09-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Juan.....As far as tires goes....I would start with Palids in the front and Purples in the rear. You can also use Double Purple fronts and Purple rears....this is a good way to start. On Asphalt you dont really need to true them much you can get away with running them bigger size.....you cant do that when running on carpet....they need to be trued down a little for carpet.

I was asking about if he did get a new system that will allow the use of personals.....last time I was out there he did not have the ability to use them......he had not upgraded yet. But if he has thats great.

If there is not enough guys to run modified or Brushless would you guys be against running both classes together? I would not be against that. The speed is about the same with maybe an edge on the brushed motors side.....depending on your brushless setup and what type of packs your using. I would like to make it out and race but I want to be able to race if there is enough guys racing. Will the races still be 5 minutes for every electric class?
Old 09-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Initiate

all electric classes will be five minutes. we upgraded our scoring system last week, so your personals for the AMB system will be handy. Hope you can come join us.

A.J.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Ajudd11
all electric classes will be five minutes. we upgraded our scoring system last week, so your personals for the AMB system will be handy. Hope you can come join us.

A.J.
Thats cool to hear AJ.....as of right now Im planning on being there for the race.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Whats going on Chuck, have not seen you in a few weeks. Hope you all come out to the race it looks as though a trophy will be won if you make it in the top 6 for each class (at least thats what i heard) looks like a lot of interest is there and hopefully everyone that says they will be there is there. Also the lights for the outdoor track should be getting delivered in the next couple weeks and will be up and running shortly there after...Bring on the night racinig.

Chuck, you dragging Matt out for this race?

see ya all there,

Shane
Old 09-01-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey AJ...

Any word yet about some potential oval race dates in Nov or Dec?

Cory
Old 09-02-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

A.J. and Kevin - Thanks for the tire recommendation. That's what I had heard, but I wanted to be sure before I shelled out the money.

Kevin - I would probably be willing to combine mod and brushless if necessary. I'll talk to kufman and see what he says, but he's raced his brushless in nitro class for fun once or twice (and won I think), so he'll probably be game. It sounds like there may be a good turn out, so it may not be an issue that comes up.

Shane - Yeah, Matt and I are planning to be there, since our offroad club is running in McHenry that week end. A.J.'s is a much shorter drive! Actually, we'd have skipped out anyway for this race. How's the new MI2 running?

I guess I got some work to do for this race. Buy tires, paint a body, build a battery, learn to drive... See ya'll at the track!

Chuck

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.