R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   Reedsburg Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/4899-reedsburg-racers.html)

frequent flyer 05-01-2002 08:18 PM

Reedsburg Racers

Points races will begin this Sunday the 5th. Qualifiers will start at noon. Membership will be required to use the Reedsburg track for practicing or racing from now on. There will be a $3 fee for each day of points racing which will be every other Sunday for the summer.
I encourage anyone interested in racing to come out and join the fun. Even if you don't think you are any good at driving or your car/truck is not fast enough, come anyway. This will not be cut throat, win at any cost type of racing. This is purely for fun. We have some experienced drivers in our club who will be happy to help you get started or give some tips.
So, as long as the weather cooperates, I hope to see you there!

FullAuto 05-02-2002 07:53 AM

Hey Frequent Flyer, maybe you should change your name to In-frequent flyer the way things have been going. Pretty soon I am going to have to make you work on my buggy with all that free time you have had! I will be there Sunday if the weather is suitable, if nothing else I can be a rolling road block to slow you down a little.......! Roy might be coming as well if he isn't too scared.:ha:

schwingel3 05-02-2002 03:14 PM

Did u say a membership is $25? Any idea on classes? Stadiums , 8th and tmaxxes right? Any idea howmany maxxs will be in the points race?

frequent flyer 05-02-2002 03:53 PM

Hopefully we will have enough people show up to run 1/8 scale buggies, stadium trucks, and T-Maxxes. I know we have plenty of local people to provide for a good turnout for all of these classes. I have seen very few electrics though. This will be our second off-road season so we are still working on getting the word out about us.
Membership is $25. It helps us pay for the track and eventually a computer lap counting system. For now we will have to keep score the old fashioned way.
Fullauto: I look forward to passing your slow-moving road block with great enthusiasm

t-d-motorsports 05-03-2002 09:34 AM

CHANNELS?

Frequent flyer, you wouldn't happen to know what channels the T-maxx's are running on would you? I'm stuck with the stock radio for this weekend and only have blue. Nobody has an XXXTRA Novak in stock so I can use my lynx, gotta order one.

frequent flyer 05-03-2002 07:38 PM

I don't know the frequencies of the other 'Maxxes, but I think we may have some extra crystal sets you could use. I have a few extra 75mhz receiver crystals but no transmitter crystals. I've had the Hitec Spectra/Novac XXXTRA setup for a year now and it's great. I just wait for everyone else to grab their frequency clip and take whichever frequency that is not being used. The Spectra is also nice when you have more than one car.

Racin Rev 05-04-2002 07:24 PM

Bruce,

what are you going to run for tires? I was out last week and the new soil changed my set up from wheelie city to greasy sliding. Or, are you going to wet it down tomorrow? I hope I can make it.

FullAuto 05-08-2002 07:46 AM

Last Sunday

Well now, that was a lot of fun. I think everyone had a good time, trucks and buggies were raced, parts were broken, battles were fought. Some walked away victorious, others vowing revenge, but everyone had fun I think. Everyone did a great job of helping out, from timing and lap counting to corner marsheling and repairs. Things went pretty smooth for our first day of points racing though a little slow at times, thats ok too because it gave people time to meet and greet and yak a little. I'm sure as people learn how things will be run it will become much faster (maybe too fast for us older slowpokes:D ) Too bad you missed it James, there were plenty of 1/10 scale trucks for you to compete with. Tom did a great job of making sure things were ready to go once things got rolling but he could not have done it without a lot of help from everyone else who helped out. I am looking forward to doing it again in a month (I will be gone for the next points races on the 18th). Ooops, make that Sunday the 19th, not the 18th!

Fullauto

G 05-08-2002 04:52 PM

I have got to get some time to race...
18th huh?
sounds good
then I can get some pics...:batman:

http://emerald.jvlnet.com/~halls/m2/...cers/main.html

frequent flyer 05-08-2002 05:26 PM

And the results are:

We had a good turnout for our first points races. Thanks to everyone for coming out to play.

1/10 trucks:

A MAIN

1. Scott 100 pts.
2. Jesse 98 pts.
3. Tim 96 pts.
4. Rich 94 pts.

B MAIN

1. Rich (advanced to A MAIN)
2. Dave 92 pts.
3. Steve 90 pts.
4. George 88 pts.
5. Jason 86 pts.
6. Buddy 84 pts.

1/8 buggies & T Maxx

A MAIN

1. John 100 pts.
2. Tim 98 pts. (T Maxx)
3. Barry 96 pts. (T Maxx)
4. Chad 94 pts.
5. Bruce 92 pts.

B MAIN

1. John (advanced to A MAIN)
2. Shane 90 pts.
3. Tom 88 pts.

We decided to run the buggies and maxxes together to make it more fun for the maxxes. There were only two of them running that day. Besides, they kept up with the buggies pretty well. If we get more to run with us, we will have a T Maxx-only class.

t-d-motorsports 05-08-2002 07:13 PM

Pictures

Here is a link to a couple of Reedsburg track pics if you want to add them to your site now. I need to get some with trucks running to show how big it really is. I'm hoping to get a bunch of action shots the next points race. Maybe even some short video.

Reedsburg Track Pics

FullAuto 05-09-2002 10:19 AM

My Bad!

Oooopps, I meant to say the next points race is on Sunday the 19th, not Saturday the 18th....got that, the 19th! Sorry for any confusion I may have caused on this matter, I will now quietly slink back to my cave and plot my return to racing on the 26th of May. (yes that is the right date)

John

G 05-09-2002 03:14 PM

Sweet... I'll get a link to it sooner or later...
I have some pics but they are older & no cars either...
Hmmmm.... I'll have to dust off my car & see if it still runs :sneaky:
Maxxes keeping up to 1/8th ?:weird: ?
anything is posible

t-d-motorsports 05-09-2002 05:40 PM

I think the maxx's have a definate traction advantage, along with being able to go full tilt into the corners. The buggies were struggling for traction. The track is sooo soft and changed alot during the course of the day. Kinda interesting like that, but I thought it was pretty tricky with the 1/10 scale. Of course my setup isn't exactly user friendly with that thing either.

Racin Rev 05-14-2002 07:32 PM

yeah, I was bummed. I even had the wifely OK to race but then the child came down with hand, foot, and mouth disease (i thought i had it too but it turned out that i didn't). nevertheless, everyone had a crummy night and that shot the day at the races. I am on vacation this week so I might be able to go for two days of racing Electric on road on sat and nitro off road on sun. we'll see it i can swing it. and the weather holds.