Wiki Posts
Search

Leisure Hours Touring Car racing!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lostinbaja
It's not reinventing the wheel! If you want to race 25.5 "Novak VTA" you follow all the USVTA rules and you are more than welcome to race, but there is a significant amount of people as noted in the various threads that would like to run 17.5 motors in their VTA cars at Leisure and the rules would be the same as the USVTA rules with the exception of motor size. It's that easy. I am sure that if enough people show up for each class they would be happy to run 2 classes. I know if I show up with my VTA car and there are not enough people to make a 17.5 VTA class race I will take the 2 minutes it takes to replace the motor with the "Novak VTA" 25.5 so I can race with the throngs of "Novak VTA" racers that NEVER showed up for the club races last season.
WHAT????

Have you raced VTA on Asphalt? Do you know what 21.5 motors did/do to the tires??? And now you want to go to 17.5? If you say that you want to use different tires then why dont you just race 17.5 sedan with a VTA body?

Novak VTA??? What are you talking about?

There is no reason to have a 17.5 VTA class...you can have a 17.5 RCGT/USGT class and race with what ever body you want...what ever 17.5 motor you want....and then pick your ESC rules....then what ever tires you want....this class might be even bigger then a 17.5 VTA class. I still fail to see the thinking about making a 17.5 VTA class or having two VTA classes???
Old 01-27-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It's not reinventing the wheel! If you want to race 25.5 "Novak VTA" you follow all the USVTA rules and you are more than welcome to race, but there is a significant amount of people as noted in the various threads that would like to run 17.5 motors in their VTA cars at Leisure and the rules would be the same as the USVTA rules with the exception of motor size. It's that easy. I am sure that if enough people show up for each class they would be happy to run 2 classes. I know if I show up with my VTA car and there are not enough people to make a 17.5 VTA class race I will take the 2 minutes it takes to replace the motor with the "Novak VTA" 25.5 so I can race with the throngs of "Novak VTA" racers that NEVER showed up for the club races last season.
Really? "Novak VTA" ??

Please explain why you have a problem with Novak? Did they steal your dog? Did they light a bag of poop on fire and leave it on your porch?
Old 01-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I really think an 18-wheeler class would be great. You could hook up a ton of extra batteries in the trailer. 1 hour mains.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Really? "Novak VTA" ??

Please explain why you have a problem with Novak? Did they steal your dog? Did they light a bag of poop on fire and leave it on your porch?
How many companys make a 25.5 motor that is legal in VTA? What is the ESC of choice or might I say lack of choice in VTA?
It's obvious Novak has their hands in there somewhere.
The problem is, there are no choices.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kevin K
WHAT????

Have you raced VTA on Asphalt? Do you know what 21.5 motors did/do to the tires??? And now you want to go to 17.5? If you say that you want to use different tires then why dont you just race 17.5 sedan with a VTA body?
You haven't raced VTA on the Leisure track very often have you? If you race in parking lots the tires fall apart after 1 day of racing. The onroad track at Leisure causes minimal tire wear even on the junk VTA tires, it's not a parking lot.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

How many companys make a 25.5 motor that is legal in VTA? What is the ESC of choice or might I say lack of choice in VTA?
It's obvious Novak has their hands in there somewhere.
The problem is, there are no choices.
You need to read the rules #1 SpeedPassion, LRP, Novak all legal escs and since I'm sure I know what your problem is, you-know-who is looking at building a spec esc as well.

Novak is the only motor so when Trinity or Speed Passion decide to come up with a motor, you don't have to go buy one to see if it's "faster". You probably love something that is not Novak, so this is killing you, right? Oh my god, you might have to actually do something you don't want to in the name of fairness THEY"RE TAKING AWAY YOUR FREEDOM

And yes Novak does have their hands in this. They said they would make a 25.5 motor when one did not exist. They also said they would take trades on all the 21.5 motors so you could get the 25.5 at a reasonable cost. They also have a stable product line, and do not introduce new motors constantly, or drop lines without support. So they helped us. Sorry if you think this is like all kickbacks and bribes.

Last edited by robk; 01-27-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

You haven't raced VTA on the Leisure track very often have you? If you race in parking lots the tires fall apart after 1 day of racing. The onroad track at Leisure causes minimal tire wear even on the junk VTA tires, it's not a parking lot.
I dont think anyone has been racing anyhting of much on the track. Yes I know that the tires fall apart after 1 weekend...this is the reason I stopped racing VTA...with the new slower motors its more apealing to me again. Now if you want to race with a 17.5 motor the wear is going to go up no matter what....its just a fact that you are going faster they will wear faster.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rabbit0317
Back on topic!

Pete I really want to figure out some basic rules.

Chassis- Any 4wd touring car

Motor- 17.5 w/boost or a 13.5 all motor?

Tires- Muchmore racing has pre-mounted slicks 4pk for $30 or HPI has pre-mounted X-pattern tires?

Bodies- HPI 190mm Street car bodies? (see web site) http://www.hpiracing.com/hpibodies/190mm/

What do you think?

Any suggestions?
Rabbit, sounds good. Count me in. I liked how the 17.5s ran at AA. I also suggest the VTA guys get their class too. I think we'll get plenty of guys for both IF it's promoted.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by triple7s
Rabbit, sounds good. Count me in. I liked how the 17.5s ran at AA. I also suggest the VTA guys get their class too. I think we'll get plenty of guys for both IF it's promoted.
Awsome!
Old 01-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

I'm gonna say this to stop the arrguments. This thread is not about the VTA class at all! It's not about changing the rules of the VTA class! This is for people who want to run a class that isn't VTA. We can and hopefully will have enough people show up to run a few differnt classes. Now that said, I am happy to see people who want to run this class. We just need to disscus the rules we would like to run with.

17.5 motor seems to be the most popular choice right now. Are people ok with that choice?
Old 01-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

I'm gonna say this to stop the arrguments. This thread is not about the VTA class at all! It's not about changing the rules of the VTA class! This is for people who want to run a class that isn't VTA. We can and hopefully will have enough people show up to run a few differnt classes. Now that said, I am happy to see people who want to run this class. We just need to disscus the rules we would like to run with.

17.5 motor seems to be the most popular choice right now. Are people ok with that choice?
Ok what type of class are you talking about that isnt VTA?

Are you thinking like the RCGT class with the cooler looking bodies? This is a cool class and was fun when it was raced.

If so look at the Rules for USGT...http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html

USGT Class Rules and Specifications

Chassis Specification:
Any 1/10 4wd or Fwd sedan with 4 wheel independent suspension.

Weight Specification:
4wd 1450g weight Fwd 1400g weight

Body Specifications:
Any 190mm or 200mm body. Body can be any body that is NOT on the ROAR T2 body list. NO Trucks
Any "SCALE" molded wings can be used. Lexan wings 10mm maximum height / side dam height
Scale type race liveries encouraged

Tire & Wheel Specifications:
Tires-Any treaded (non slick) rubber tire available 24 or 26mm, maximum non-sale street price of $12/pair at a USA retailer. Must used a non-molded (ex. open cell foam) insert or no insert.
Wheels- Any 24 or 26mm spoke (non-dish) type wheel

Ride Height Specification:
Minimum ride height is 5mm.

Motor Specifications:
17.5 + 2s lipo batteries No tuning rotors, must use OEM rotor 12.3-12.5mm

Approved ESCs:
ESC ROAR approved spec software or USVTA list

Race Specification:
6 minute qualifiers
8 minute mains

Battery Specifications:
ROAR approved hard case batteries

If you wanted to have a cheap "Spec" pre-mounted tire like sweep or solaris or something along that line then that would be nice too.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 071crazy
There can always be an unlimited class, where "everyone else" runs. Bring out the motorcycles, tanks, drifters and 18-wheelers. Some of the racers just want to laugh and not worry about droop tweak and roll center. Just put em all together and warn everyone that the class is likely to be a bash fest. A good time and everyone leaves with a smile. We are playing with toy cars after all....
jdawg and i are in for some onroad! you guys can run whatever but we are going with the kyosho blizzards. tracks,lights,plow and i want a flashy yellow light on top and a backup beeper and BEER!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

Kevin that sounds like something that can work. I suggested the Muchmore slicks because they are cheap number one, and Scott can get them from Great Planes. We were also leaning on the no wing rule.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Kevin that sounds like something that can work. I suggested the Muchmore slicks because they are cheap number one, and Scott can get them from Great Planes. We were also leaning on the no wing rule.
You need the wing. Otherwise the car is too much of a handful to drive.

Jimmy
Old 01-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by robk
You need to read the rules #1 SpeedPassion, LRP, Novak all legal escs and since I'm sure I know what your problem is, you-know-who is looking at building a spec esc as well.

Novak is the only motor so when Trinity or Speed Passion decide to come up with a motor, you don't have to go buy one to see if it's "faster". You probably love something that is not Novak, so this is killing you, right? Oh my god, you might have to actually do something you don't want to in the name of fairness THEY"RE TAKING AWAY YOUR FREEDOM

And yes Novak does have their hands in this. They said they would make a 25.5 motor when one did not exist. They also said they would take trades on all the 21.5 motors so you could get the 25.5 at a reasonable cost. They also have a stable product line, and do not introduce new motors constantly, or drop lines without support. So they helped us. Sorry if you think this is like all kickbacks and bribes.
Until now I have never met anyone that knows everything, not to mention knowing what I'm thinking. What am I thinking now?
Just to be clear I am NOT your Son!!! Thank God.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.