Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Race Em R/C 2011 Schedule   Rockford IL >

Race Em R/C 2011 Schedule Rockford IL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Race Em R/C 2011 Schedule Rockford IL

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Race Em R/C 2011 Schedule Rockford IL

[B]Hey everyone, well here it is. The 2011 Racing Schedule! These dates are all subject to change. It is Race Em R/C's great pleasure to finally bring a Full Racing Venue to Rockford for the first time in over 15 years!! We all thank you for the continued support and can not wait to start racing out doors!!

MODIFIED SCHEDULE RACE EM RC 2011

August 7th – Cash Race

August 14th – Nitro and Electric Race

August 28th – Electric Series Race 5

September 11th – Nitro and Electric Race

September 17th – Tri City Race @ Race EM

October 2nd - Make Up Race for Rock Town Series

October 9th – Nitro and Electric Racing

Last edited by raceemrc; 08-25-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Normal Club Race Days
Open at 8am
Racing start at 11AM
Minimum 2 Heats, Bumps Ups + Mains
4 Racers to make a class

Notes:
Much Parking
Watering System
Generators OK to bring/use
Bring your own Tables,Chairs, Canopy
Port-o-John for Restroom Purposes
Plan to provide your own electricity at this time, working on more generators down the road

PRACTICE
Electric - Tuesdays and Thursdays 5-8pm
Nitro - 2nd Thursday of Each Month. 5-8pm
$5 Practice, unless posted otherwise. FREE for Members

Hobbytown Usa
Distance from Track 5.7 miles

Normal race days a donation of $15 for first entry, $7 for additional classes

AMB Scoring with RC Scoring Pro Software
-House Transponders
-AMB/MRT Personals

Stock Short Course Rules
-Any RTR Kit Tire EXCEPT SC10RS Subculture Tire. See below notes
-AKA Enduro Soft *Green DOT* allowed
-Timing/Boost ESC Allowed
-2s lipo

MOD Short Course Rules
-Ribbed Tires Allowed
-Open Motor
-Open SCT Tire
-2s lipo

Brushless SC10 RTR
Originally Posted by RAPER
some people are wondering if the brushless sc10 motor/esc combo will be allowed to run in stock class.

That is the big question of the year. It is a big gray area too. The way we are going to work this is "play it by ear" If someone who has never raced or is just starting out goes and buys this truck, then yes, I will let them run in the stock class if there is not a sportsman class. Now, if someone goes out there and blows the doors off everyone, then I will bump them to mod instantly.

The new SC10RS will not be allowed to race in the Stock Short Course Truck Class, unless you are new to the hobby and trying sportsman out. You can run it in Mod Short Course Class
-It comes with a non legal tire
-The brushless system is much hotter than a 17.5 motor

ROCK TOWN POINTS SERIES POINTS

See PDF File that is attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf

Last edited by Benny 13; 09-05-2011 at 07:59 PM. Reason: rules
Old 01-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Very Cool Ben can't wait.. I look forward to finishing ahead of you in a race or two..
Old 01-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thank you for getting the schedule out early. Just 135 days to go....
Old 01-01-2011, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dashat2
Very Cool Ben can't wait.. I look forward to finishing ahead of you in a race or two..
whatever you godda tell yourself to sleep at night

Originally Posted by H2oSprayer
Thank you for getting the schedule out early. Just 135 days to go....
thanks H20 . your eagerness to help us in 2010 was a contributor!
Old 01-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benny 13
whatever you godda tell yourself to sleep at night !
Well I figure if I keep running on these tiny little indoor dirt tracks in a mass of traffic till spring is bound to make me better, So that combined with standing next to ya on the stand right after chewing on an onion in the pit and brushing your steering arm with a Liguid Heat soaked wristband should be enough to give me the edge I need to get past ya..
Old 01-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

im thinking that tri-city race shuld b alot of fun. I hope to make it for all of the races in that series
Old 01-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

whats your rules for this track i would love to race here to but what are rules for sct? open tire, ribbed tires? no timing in stock? I have all these ?s...
Old 01-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyoder#9
whats your rules for this track i would love to race here to but what are rules for sct? open tire, ribbed tires? no timing in stock? I have all these ?s...
Check out the website!!! www.RaceEmRC.com

lol. Asshole corey! ill get you back, next time I pass you.. Or wait, next time I lap you im slamming you into a wall!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by raceemrc
Check out the website!!! www.RaceEmRC.com

lol. butthole corey! ill get you back, next time I get passed by you.. Or wait, next time I get lapped by you! im slamming you into a wall!!!
lI fixed what you wrote!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Guys, glad you all have this track very cool. I'm looking at trying this sct racing this year. My stupid question is where or what are yor rules for beginners? I have experience racing just never have done off-road. I prefer oval racing but nothing near by. I have a new HPI Blitz what can I race for the beginner? Thanks Jason Van Hise
Old 01-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ovalracer33
Hey Guys, glad you all have this track very cool. I'm looking at trying this sct racing this year. My stupid question is where or what are yor rules for beginners? I have experience racing just never have done off-road. I prefer oval racing but nothing near by. I have a new HPI Blitz what can I race for the beginner? Thanks Jason Van Hise
Jason, Thanks for the interest in the track. No questions are stupid, everyone has to start somewhere.

You can jump into our sportsman class. The Blitz is a great truck to start running short course with as a bunch of us at the track run them including myself. If you need any set up , give me a holler, the blitz turns like a mack truck outta the box

General rules for sportsman will be:
6 cell or 2s Lipo Battery Pack

It will get more complicated when you become faster, you will be able to run short course STOCK or MODIFIED.
Stock:
2s/6 cell battery
any RTR Short Course Tire
17.5 Brushless Motor Limit
Short Course Body

Mod:
2s/6 cell battery
Any Short Course Tire
Short Course Body
OPEN motor
Old 01-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Benny13 thanks for the reply. I have some questions. For raceem what gearing to start with? I have the Blitz kit cause I didn't want to buy another to move up classes. I have a Novak SS Pro 17.5 motor with LRP SPX esc and a smc 2-cell lipo from the DO car. Would that be exceptable for the sportsman? I have proline tires for it I think M3's and M4's but planning on buying stock tires this summer. I've only had this thing out once since building it. I tried out a practice day at outback last summer and I really looked like a newb, I didn't jump very well the first few times.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ovalracer33
Benny13 thanks for the reply. I have some questions. For raceem what gearing to start with? I have the Blitz kit cause I didn't want to buy another to move up classes. I have a Novak SS Pro 17.5 motor with LRP SPX esc and a smc 2-cell lipo from the DO car. Would that be exceptable for the sportsman? I have proline tires for it I think M3's and M4's but planning on buying stock tires this summer. I've only had this thing out once since building it. I tried out a practice day at outback last summer and I really looked like a newb, I didn't jump very well the first few times.
You can run that setup in sportsman.

These are all geared about 10% under to accommodate for adding timing and heat of summer. Good starting point to try.
77/24
83/26
88/27

As for jumping. Add some weight to the front end and shove the battery up as far as it will go. Reverse the pistons from the front to the rear/rear to the front. 40wt oil in the front / 30 wt oil in the rear. And set some drag brake on your esc
Old 01-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the help Benny13. Any advice to help with the turning underpower? I heard and read they don't turn very well. I built it by the book with the tuning options they give like inline blocks and such.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.