Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Welcome to the TimeWarp! HobbyTown USA Lake in the Hills >

Welcome to the TimeWarp! HobbyTown USA Lake in the Hills

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Welcome to the TimeWarp! HobbyTown USA Lake in the Hills

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

awesome job guys, stopped by the track today. everyone was really cool, met some old racers. Just was curious why there wont be racing on sundays? I work on saturdays so i wont be able to make it. But i will def do wednesday nights, i just gotta hustle and come with a pack charged.

Yeah i think stock buggy is gonna be my go to class.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'll bring my Slash and SC10
Old 12-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Quick visit

Went out there late today (sorry I missed Bob W.) at the track for practice. Nice little track. Definately easy to overdrive. Will turn some laps Monday for some quiet practice.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:47 AM
Tech Adept

Great news! My B4 is almost ready.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Practice was awesome yesterday! Had a pretty good turn out and it did get a bit chaotic out there with us short course drivers!

I ran my stock 4x4 Slash Ultimate with the Steve Slaydon race setup and JConcepts barcodes. The truck was completely hooked up and drove amazing! Plently of speed for this tight track.

Can't wait to get back and see how I do in a crowd.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Chaotic at times is a good description from what I saw at 4:00. Rubbin is racing? Just can't get that bright pink Traxxas out of my head. That girl almost did a complete header coming down off of the drivers stand to flip that pink nightmare over again.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by GeraldRisch
Chaotic at times is a good description from what I saw at 4:00. Rubbin is racing? Just can't get that bright pink Traxxas out of my head. That girl almost did a complete header coming down off of the drivers stand to flip that pink nightmare over again.
I saw that too! Way too funny! However she was not the worse driver out there! I think it would have helped if we had 2 people out on the track marshalling it at all times. Could prevent any future "stand incidents".
Old 12-06-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mainlt MT & GENE1219
I don't think they are letting 1/8 on the track, gas or electric. I could be wrong, but you might want to call them first if you are driving a good distance.

The track is just not that big to handle the speed from the 1/8.
There is one set of doubles that a good 1/8 electric could easily over jump and possible lane on one of the pit tables.
Like I said, I would call first.
Bob Oaks
Old 12-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

There is no 1/8th scale allowed. 1/10th and smaller.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by milenko_76
There is no 1/8th scale allowed. 1/10th and smaller.

1/8th scale on 2s =)

we do that locally.. its pretty fun. 6-minutes max though..
Old 12-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry but no 1/8 scale
Old 12-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NoControl27
I saw that too! Way too funny! However she was not the worse driver out there! I think it would have helped if we had 2 people out on the track marshalling it at all times. Could prevent any future "stand incidents".
If she exited the drivers stand correctly that wouldnt have happened. She went under the bars onto the double and slipped. It's also up to the people practicing to take turn marshalling and driving. Just sayin....

Also Its not stated but practice is $10.00 per person

Last edited by milenko_76; 12-06-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

The track looks awesome, and the people running the store are great and easy to talk to. Once you drive this track you will understand why they say no 1/8th. Was there on Saturday night and they were kind enough to let me take some laps while the stand was still being finished. My B4 has a junk Dynamite Fuse brushless system with a 40C Venom pack. That setup was overkill for a beginner like me, you couldn’t do full throttle for more than 0.5 sec on the back straight or you would plow into the concrete barrier, all the while spinning the tires or lifting the front end over (or a combination of both).

That jump that someone described earlier saying a 1/8th would launch into the pit stands, well I’m pretty sure mine would have done the same thing if I had put the hammer down. This track is great but laying down a lot of power for long is near to impossible. I was using the stock tires that came with the 4.1 kit, but I hear that Bar Codes or similar will be the type of tire to use on this clay surface. It was a little dry on Sat but it was not prepped as the track was not officially opened yet, this made is especially hard to get traction that night. When people start showing up obviously they will water and prep it so there will be more traction available.

My friend who used to race a lot was with me and I can tell you that with a stock RTR kit and 25C battery, he would have easily dominated me and my tricked-out chassis setup. This is a very technical track that will benefit driver skill much more than having the hot motor/car setup, which is great for beginners and beginner systems.

There is a jump/raised section after the main straight is a very complicated one to carry speed through. There is not a lot of space to land in here. Too fast and you will clear the border pipe altogether, flying straight into the opposite part of the track; too slow and you will crash straight into the raised section.

Can’t wait to get in there this weekend and lay down some laps.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I think ill hit it up tomorrow after work for some short course action. It would be nice to run with some other sct peeps.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NoControl27
Marshalling would help, but nobody running was taking time out to help others marshall. She by no means was the worst driving. She just did the most flipping because of the tubing.

The drivers stand needs another rail in-between the middle and the floor of the stand to help keep people from squeezing thru and standing on the concrete wall and jumping onto the dirt track. Somebody is going to slip and crack open their head on that concrete wall.

Going out to the track at 2:30 today and will relay my opinions and possible solutions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.