Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Reedsburg Dirt Track About Finished >

Reedsburg Dirt Track About Finished

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedsburg Dirt Track About Finished

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2002, 05:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Reedsburg Dirt Track About Finished

First race is April 28
Old 04-15-2002, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Can you provide some more information on where the track is located? I know of a couple of people that have relatives in Reedsburg that would love to run their cars.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey cool, Im up there about every weekend, My family lives up there.
What classes are you running and where is thae track? Behind Burger King?
Old 04-16-2002, 01:50 PM
Tech Rookie

The track is located by the airport . For more info call Toms Hobbies at 608 524 1569
Old 04-16-2002, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

More specifically, going down the main drag of reedsburg there is a burger king, take the road along the side of the Burger King and go till it ends at a cul de sac look up on the hill to the right and there it is.

It looks good but turn one is going to be a killer. very narrow. maybe need to start people somewhere other than the main straight.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default reedsburg track

I was out there this last Sunday with Schwingel3. It's a fun track. It'll be better once the track is dug up more and the grass is completely gone. They need to bring in the corner on 1, and allow two lanes, one on the burm and one inside on the flat. I don't know what classes they are planning on, but I would go for a couple of t-maxx classes if I know there are going to be a few there. I think it's way out of shape to run stadium trucks. I couldn't get my losi to go anywhere.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

As it stands it looks like 1/8 4wd, Stadium trucks would be the biggest group, and T/E maxx if any show up. everybody runs nitro but if enough electric show up they might do that too.

Last edited by Racin Rev; 04-26-2002 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Rev, do you know a lot of the people that usually race over there? I live too far away to come every weekend, but I'd come to the first if I know there will be enough people there. Also, do they plan on parking vehicles in the field? I'd assume so cause other wise that'll be a lot of extension cords for starters to run up the hill.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

I know just about everybody who ran last year (there weren't that many). last year people parked where ever suited them. if there are a lot of new people (Tom sold a lot of trucks) Something will have to be done. Everybody that I know runs their starter off of a battery pack or gell cell. I plan to run with these guys some because they are close. (I will run on road with marcca).

Last edited by Racin Rev; 04-26-2002 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Last I heard they were running on Sunday afternoons but the web page says Saturdays
Old 04-20-2002, 07:26 AM
Tech Rookie

what web page?
Old 04-20-2002, 08:43 PM
Tech Rookie

The track at Reedsburg is more or less finished. I ran several laps with my Kyosho Inferno 7.5 and it seems to be fine. Tom and I worked on it all day today. We did some more work on smoothing it out a little more but not too much. It is an off road track after all. The stand has been repaired and we installed some fencing around most of the track. The first turn is wider as well. I will have a frequency board installed by next weekend.

Tom and I will make every effort to ensure a more organized program for race days. We are planning to have our first race day this Sunday. Qualifiers start at noon. Feel free to come earlier to practice/tune etc. I will likely be there a few hours earlier.

Bruce
Old 04-20-2002, 09:32 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Bruce,
You got snow tires for that thing?

I am willing to help whereever there is a need. Let me know.

Last edited by Racin Rev; 04-26-2002 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2002, 06:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Bruce do you go and prctice during the week let me know i live in Pardeeville. [email protected] 608 429 2071
Old 04-21-2002, 02:00 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm glad we finished the track on saturday, it would have been quite unpleasant to do it today - step 1: snow removal, step 2: go warm up in the car...

I will not be at the track every weekend, but I will definitely make sure that things go smoothly when I am there. Since I am relatively new to the task and have yet to see how many racers will join the club this year, it may take a few weeks to fine tune the process.

We are also looking at having a practice/race day during the week. It probably will not be as formal or as big as the weekend races, but it will help those who cannot make the regular weekend races. My work schedule is very irregular, but I usually have a few weekdays for playing. We can either set a specific day for every week or just contact each other for getting together as our schedules permit.

First race day is Sunday the 28th by the way. I did not specify which Sunday in my last post as I was rather tired at the time.

Bruce

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.