Community
Wiki Posts
Search

waukesha WI area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default waukesha WI area?

anything or anyone in the waukesha area? Any one know of land to use to build a track-- out door offroad 1/8 buggy and unlimited truck-- any one just lookin for people to bash with?
Old 07-12-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Nitro Farm is only a 25 minute drive from Waukesha. I did hear about a new track in Elkhorn opening next month.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Me and a couple others are in the process of getting a 1/8 scale sized track in Waukesha. We have the land just have to hammer out some more details. It will be done right or not at all.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

The more tracks the better. More details! Will there be lights ? We could really use a track that runs during the week.

Jesse, I see your trip to Oshkosh was.........Well, you tell us.

And what about those results on www.rcproseries.com, some guy named Lance won the A main by 2 laps. Kick him into the pro class.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Yes their will be lights and weeknight racing. We are planning to have an ele. only night and a nitro only night. For the weekends we will have ele. only on Saturday (so we dont take anyone away from the nitro farm) and Sundays will be Nitro only.

A roar membership will be required. When you get your membership you will receive some coupons for a couple free race entry's. Right now roar and extremem magizine have a deal going that if you get a roar membership you get a free subscription so it is really a win win situation.

I have talked with the local hobby shop and their will be parts support as well. Like I have said we are still in the early planning stages but it looks good. I am just not sure of how many people would be interested in a track that is in waukesha. In order to make a go of it I need to know for sure that I will be able to get at least 50 racers a week.

A transponder system will also be installed hopefully Doug you can help out with the software
Old 07-12-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Rookie

cool--- hey i know of at least 5 guys for nitro racing , 3 for 1/8 buggy, 2 for unlimited truck and 1 for 1/10 stadium--- these are all for sure-- could be a few more to--- when your able to please give all the details you can---- nitro farm--- i would go there but i usually work half days on saturdays( cant resist overtime)
---LHS, would that be ABC RC? In only ask because they never have my parts, or my fuel, or anything else i want
Old 07-13-2004, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

Trackside would be your best bet for your parts.If you build it I will race electric trucks.I take it the Roar membership is for the insurance?I'm a member of Roar.Saturday during the summer is a great day for me for electric,keep us posted.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trackside will not be involved in this track. Scotty doesn't want anything to do with an outdoor track he like to race at them and not run them.

This is going to be a partnership with ABC RC in Waukesha a fully stocked hobby shop will be at the track every race day.
Old 07-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Tech Master

I didnt mean it that way,I meant it for the guy who coulnd'nt find what he was looking for at ABC.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

So what is the progress report on this track ??
Old 07-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

When we have more to tell you I will let you know.