R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   MARCCA's 2nd Annual Night Race - Saturday August 21 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/420654-marccas-2nd-annual-night-race-saturday-august-21-a.html)

RMKinWI 07-27-2010 09:21 PM

MARCCA's 2nd Annual Night Race - Saturday August 21

MARCCA's 2nd annual night race to be held on Saturday August 21st.

Track opens for practice at 8am racing starts at 3pm - Mains and likely last qual to be held under the lights.

Food served track side, Camping allowed, Power available, and a lot of fun to be had.

Please plan to attend this annual event - Watch here for further details.

Track location and Info available at MARCCA.COM

gone banana 07-28-2010 03:08 AM

i got the bug spray ready and it going to be a great time

marccaracer 07-29-2010 02:53 AM

The program for the night race will be the same as our normal Sunday. Three heats and then the mains. Resorts after every round.

Entry fees will also be the same as normal.

Tracey will have a few different items on the food menu for that day.

We also have some great door prizes donated from various manufactures like O'donnell, Mamba, Associated and many more.

marccaracer 08-03-2010 04:08 AM

Horizons has now joined our list of Sponsors and has donated a large box of shirts, hats, and electronics. Thank you very much for making this event a great one.

We will have some awesome door prizes for sure. Make sure you get your ticket when you sign up and pay. Drawings will happen in between the heats and before the mains.

Remember that you can listen to our live broadcast while at the track on your FM radio...88.9 on the dial.

We have also installed a widescreen LCD monitor in pit lane so the pit persons can see the scoring program live.

See you all on the 21st

offroad racer 08-03-2010 07:11 PM

Sounds like fun. Im planning on coming

marccaracer 08-07-2010 06:40 PM

The door prizes are showing up on Chad's doorstep daily. Some sweet things we are going to give away including a SC10.

Did a few layout changes today to the track. Should be a slightly faster configuration.

k and k 9798 08-08-2010 07:07 PM

Gunna try and make it up their.:nod: I need to do more racin and less workin!!!

RMKinWI 08-12-2010 01:28 PM

I will be organizing a 50/50 raffle.

50% of the pot to the club and 50% to the winner.

$2 per ticket or $5 for 3 Tickets.

rcracenut 08-15-2010 10:28 AM

We're planning on coming. I hope to have my esc back in time to run 4x4 sct too. Just a couple questions:
Is there for sure going to be enough power for everyone?
Will there be food available on the grounds?
What is the address for the track? Chuck

gone banana 08-15-2010 05:37 PM

go to marcca.com

gottabaja 08-15-2010 06:14 PM

To bad it wasn't held a little later,I have prior R/C obligation's. I would really enjoy a night race maybe even camp out w/ kids. Well maybe next year ....

RMKinWI 08-15-2010 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by rcracenut (Post 7808459)
We're planning on coming. I hope to have my esc back in time to run 4x4 sct too. Just a couple questions:
Is there for sure going to be enough power for everyone?
Will there be food available on the grounds?
What is the address for the track? Chuck

There will be plenty of power (Bring an extension cord - there is no need for loud generators) and plenty of pit space . There will be great food.

Google Map to Track

Printable Map to Track

Track will open for practice Saturday morning at 8am. Racing starts at 3pm. $15 first class, $10 each additional ($5 Discount for Members) - Every racer gets a raffle ticket for a chance to win one of the many many nice door prizes.

Classes:
Truggy
Buggy
4x4 SCT
SCT

Nitro and Electric run together - 3 five minute heats and Mains
- Truggy/Buggy A mains 15 min - B Main 10 Min - C and under mains 7 min.
- SCT A mains 7 min - B and under mains 5 min.

Camping Allowed Friday night and/or Saturday night.

Watch this thread for a list of some of the door prizes.

This will be a great event.

k and k 9798 08-15-2010 06:37 PM

I destroyed my truggy yesterday (had a run away in to a 4/4 pole:cry:) and wont have it ready. What kind of turn out do you get for sct 2wd?

RMKinWI 08-15-2010 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by k and k 9798 (Post 7810077)
What kind of turn out do you get for sct 2wd?

I would guess we will have a very good SCT turnout. If only the normal weekly guys show up there will be 2 full heats of 8, but for the night race I would guess at least double normal.

rcracenut 08-15-2010 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by gottabaja (Post 7809960)
To bad it wasn't held a little later,I have prior R/C obligation's. I would really enjoy a night race maybe even camp out w/ kids. Well maybe next year ....

gottabaja, this is by far the rc racing event of the day. One of my favorites for the outdoor season. The competition level will be high and the fun will be second to none. My son and I went last year. It was a blast. This group knows how to set up a fun but challenging track. You wont go home disappointed from this event. Just my 2 cents. Chuck