R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   MARCCA news letter (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/414-marcca-news-letter.html)

SnotRocket 09-06-2001 03:26 PM

MARCCA news letter

I have spoken with Scott Cox and gotten the address list. We are currently figuring out how we are gonna send the thing but he will probably mail hard copies to everyone on the list and I will email to everyone on the list as well as drop off a couple of hard copies at the hobby shops. Hopefully this will enable us to reach as many people as possible. I will also take new names and addresses at all the races I go to, to make the list grow as well as our informed community. I estamated arounf $45 a month for the news letter including printing and sending of a 100 news letters. This seems to me well worth it. Tommarrow or the next day I will post a copy on this thread. It's not quite done yet. If you think your not on the list and want to be pm me your name address phone and email if you check it often, and I will add it to the list. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Nick

TSR6 09-06-2001 03:34 PM

I would like one, but you don't need to mail it to me... Just e-mail me...

You should have it so everyone can choose... if you e-mail 1/2 of them... that would cut costs, and i dont really care how i get it personally....

[email protected] is my mail... if you wantto mail it... lemme know and ill pm my street addy

SnotRocket 09-06-2001 03:43 PM

Nope, thats cool Troy I know you check you email every day but most dont and a hard copy tends to be read more but I will keep that in mind.

TSR6 09-06-2001 04:10 PM

Yeah, and i print a ton of stuff. If there is something i need to read.. or keep handy.. i print it... if i need to pass it on to someone else... i print it...

I do read my e-mail almost every day... Sometimes i dont... but i will get it if it goes into my inbox at some point.

futureal 09-06-2001 04:10 PM

I can only think of a few things to add to the newsletter.

- Keep an eye out for open buildings for winter

- At least 2 more sedan races, Sept. 15th and Oct. 6th, *maybe* Oct 20th if we have no building

- Check MARCCA forum on www.rctech.net for most recent updates

- Maybe announce the next board meeting in there

That's all I can think of...

SnotRocket 09-07-2001 05:27 AM

Here it is in rough form.

MARCCA NEWS LETTER SEPTEMBER 2001
By Nick Rhoads

Welcome, to a new era in the MARCCA newsletter. After not getting anything in the mail for several years I decided it was time to act and bring back the monthly newsletter. My goal is to improve the communication of the club and reach a larger audience in order to ensure the continued success of our club. This newsletter WILL come out every month and WILL include updated information on all our events so that everyone will keep well informed on the current events happening in MARCCA. This newsletter will also inform those of you taking a break from RC (No one ever leaves) about how we are changing and maybe something will spark your interest again. Copies will be sent out by email to those who have it and by hard copy to current addresses. Also, hard copies will be available at the hobby shop. So, on with the news!

New Online Message Forum rctech.net

For those of you who are online local racer Shane Archer has built a new website to replace the shutdown rctouring.com message forum. The site is currently operating and is improving every day. Currently there are over 500 members and membership grows by the hour. Membership is free and allows you to post on a message board for current information on MARCCA, clubs around the world, products, setups, and much more. So, check it out and if you see Shane at the track be sure to thank him for his outstanding effort.

MARCCA Hotline

The MARCCA hotline number is 608-243-1778. Right now it has information on our current summer schedule and track locations. As soon as we know where we are moving indoors I will update the phone line. Next summer this phone line will be used to inform racers about track and weather conditions on race day.

New Winter Building

The search for a new building is under way. Our old building on Whitney Way is currently open and we are in contact with the owners. Parts of the building we used before are gone now but we could definitely set up a nice track about the same size as last year to race. Other options are also being explored. If you know of any potential buildings be sure to contact me or club board members. (My email and phone will be provided at the end of the newsletter.)

Sedan Racing

Two sedan races remain on September 15th and October 6th and tentative dates beyond, so keep your ears open.

Thanks,
Nick Rhoads
[email protected]

SnotRocket 09-10-2001 03:57 PM

Yo, sent a copy to the Cox's to send out. So expect a hard copy some time. I'm still messing with the email list but it will come.

SnotRocket 09-19-2001 04:57 AM

Dang! I'm trying to enter emails in to send out a news letter but lycos won't let me send more than 25 at a time and neomails address book will only take 3 emails at a time and you can't do a mass emailing. I tried to use outlook but thats messed to. Hopefully the oct version will be sent out via email. Any suggestions on how to do this?

TSR6 09-19-2001 10:05 AM

Yahoo... They have a "Yahoo Groups" that you can setup so everyone emails everyone on the list...

Team Goodwrench 10-05-2001 06:59 PM

I have a bulk e-mailer.

If someone can shoot me the list of addresses, I can blast out the letter.

[email protected]

(team goodwrench).

futureal 10-05-2001 07:54 PM

I actually have a mailing list set up right now on rctech that should work. It will be something like [email protected] and will bounce a message out to everybody on the list. I think it will be set up so only the Board Members can email to the list, to prevent spam and so on.

However, the mailing list doesn't seem to be working at the moment so we'll go to Jeff as Plan B if I can't get this thing working. :)

Matt M. 10-05-2001 08:28 PM

so does anyone know we are moving this weekend????????

futureal 10-05-2001 10:18 PM

Well, everybody who visits these forums undoubtedly knows, and there have been fliers at Dockter's since Tuesday... I think most of the people who would normally show up probably will show up.

Either way, I cleaned up the MARCCA email list and sent a message about the work party out to it tonight.

I will send the next newsletter to the list as soon as Nick (or whoever) has it ready. Also we might want to announce the next board meeting time & location (if it has been decided upon).

futureal 10-06-2001 12:16 AM

More info:

After getting the various "user unknown" messages it is pretty clear that we need to get some updated email addresses from people. The list started around 80 and right now is down to 57, more "user unknown" messages coming back to me still...

Maybe we should leave a signup sheet at the new track when it's ready? I would be happy to take care of posting it there and adding any new addresses.

SnotRocket 10-06-2001 05:15 AM

Yes we will have a sign up sheet at the track. Find out who these user unknowns are and erase the current address and get me a list of names so they can be called.

The Oct news letter will be sent out when I know race times and days.

Scott Cox is handling mailing addresses, send updates to him. I already have a small list to be updated but I need to type all the names in.