R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   2010 1\10TH SCALE TRI CITY CLASSIC SERIES (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/380037-2010-1%5C10th-scale-tri-city-classic-series.html)

mjk1210 03-19-2010 04:14 PM

As a noob you could think of it like this: when you get schooled on driving one kind of car you pay for one class.:smile: A 2nd class on RC race driving a different car is less. and so on.:lol: just bring your car and tell someone you are new. Don't worry, everyone will help you out. No problem!!!
A class is simply the type of car and motor.
Stock or modified, SCT, buggy 4wd buggy, etc. Rookie class is where you can run any kind of car with a tame motor(usually up to a superstock) and learn to not crash so much in a race environment.

jnelson214 03-19-2010 04:58 PM

OK, I got ya.. I didnt think about the 2nd vehicle one might have as 2nd class.. makes sense.

I have been driving the past few days out at the free track in Round lake and I know that I need a LOT of practice... :D thanks for the answers...

raceemrc 03-19-2010 05:10 PM

Hey everyone!!

Here is my opinion on a few things..

I just talked with Corey and I am thinking we just do 2 prices... 20 for first class, and 10 for each additional.. I don't think we can have different prices between the tracks either. That would make people think one track is more Greedy than the others.

As far as changing the track up... Our track is getting re designed in a couple of weeks. Complete re-build. It is not easy for us to change something because we do not own a machine to change it. I am relying on other people for that. I do not have a problem moving some drain tile to go a different route. Our track is designed for SCT and Nitro. SCT we just move some drain tile for a shorter course. But as far as changing the lay out i do not think thats going to work. It takes alot of work to change a track. Speacially if it is a good size track.

Any comments??

cyoder#9 03-19-2010 05:38 PM

does anyone have a problem with the price change?20 first 10 for additional classes

jkach 03-19-2010 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by raceemrc (Post 7159723)
Hey everyone!!

Here is my opinion on a few things..

I just talked with Corey and I am thinking we just do 2 prices... 20 for first class, and 10 for each additional.. I don't think we can have different prices between the tracks either. That would make people think one track is more Greedy than the others.

As far as changing the track up... Our track is getting re designed in a couple of weeks. Complete re-build. It is not easy for us to change something because we do not own a machine to change it. I am relying on other people for that. I do not have a problem moving some drain tile to go a different route. Our track is designed for SCT and Nitro. SCT we just move some drain tile for a shorter course. But as far as changing the lay out i do not think thats going to work. It takes alot of work to change a track. Speacially if it is a good size track.

Any comments??

Man that could get to be alittle much for someone running two or three classes like we did last year. But If we get rained out we can always run down to LH at that price. :sneaky: What about the guy's with kids. WOW

BobWoodhouse 03-19-2010 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by cyoder#9 (Post 7159826)
does anyone have a problem with the price change?20 first 10 for additional classes

I support all Cory Yoder decisions for this series.

Jeff probably has a point, too.

mjk1210 03-19-2010 05:48 PM

I agree with $20 and $10 for the series races. It's the cheapest I've ever seen for a series race. And most don't have any prizes. Just bragging rights.
I suggest rookies only pay $10. They should get a little break.

BobWoodhouse 03-19-2010 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by jkach (Post 7159840)
Man that could get to be alittle much for someone running two or three classes like we did last year. But If we get rained out we can always run down to LH at that price. :sneaky: What about the guy's with kids. WOW

Oh, yeah, kids. Like Me. Crud $40 for my race day.

I know we have a combo of private and business tracks involved, so I can't speak for any track but Outback. Even our Showdown trophy races are $15 plus $5 per additional. I'd hate to look too, uh, expensive and actually have a reduction in turnout on a series day. Of course, enough prizes, trophies or whatever is cool, but that won't happen 6 times in the year I guess.

BobWoodhouse 03-19-2010 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by mjk1210 (Post 7159862)
I agree with $20 and $10 for the series races. It's the cheapest I've ever seen for a series race. And most don't have any prizes. Just bragging rights.
I suggest rookies only pay $10. They should get a little break.

But the Presidential at $22 had trophies galore. I'm OK with any choice for the series in the end.

jkach 03-19-2010 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse (Post 7159872)
But the Presidential at $22 had trophies galore. I'm OK with any choice for the series in the end.

I'm OK also, I was just throwing it out there, thinking of the ones with alot of classes to run and the kid's. But maybe some will have to leave the kids out of the series races. (or not) Like I said just my .02.

BobWoodhouse 03-19-2010 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by jkach (Post 7159922)
I'm OK also, I was just throwing it out there, thinking of the ones with alot of classes to run and the kid's. But maybe some will have to leave the kids out of the series races. (or not) Like I said just my .02.

I'll probably take little Nick to all of the series races just so we can get the experience of running in a series for him.

jkach 03-19-2010 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by BobWoodhouse (Post 7159942)
I'll probably take little Nick to all of the series races just so we can get the experience of running in a series for him.

That will be great. I can't wait to race SCT with you two. The summer should be a good one. Off the subject, Are you planning on going to trackside for there SCt race in april?

BobWoodhouse 03-19-2010 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by jkach (Post 7159956)
That will be great. I can't wait to race SCT with you two. The summer should be a good one. Off the subject, Are you planning on going to trackside for there SCt race in april?

I hadn't thought about it. Truth is, I was in a rut with going to tracks that were too much of a chore traveling (too late in the day) to for my level of dedication (if you can believe that). So I had to reconfigure. I'll look and see if it another of these 1am wrap-up races or not.

Oh, 3-day race. Probably not this time around.

cyoder#9 03-19-2010 06:41 PM

i think the novice class being 10$ might not be a bad idea.I don't want to run people off. we do plan on having prizes almost every race. and i am thinking we might make up some coats for awards . along with trophy's. so is the 2$ extra 4 a second class a big deal?

BobWoodhouse 03-19-2010 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by cyoder#9 (Post 7160033)
i think the novice class being 10$ might not be a bad idea.I don't want to run people off. we do plan on having prizes almost every race. and i am thinking we might make up some coats for awards . along with trophy's. so is the 2$ extra 4 a second class a big deal?

What's a coat?