Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Losi Sliders: Tips for Losi LEGION Racers >

Losi Sliders: Tips for Losi LEGION Racers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Sliders: Tips for Losi LEGION Racers

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 05:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Anti seize?

Are you aware that Anti-Seize is an abrasive. There are nickle particles suspended in the mixture that are meant to keep the bolt threads apart so they don't gall. I would bet it's doing a nice job wearing down the gears and diff housing.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pmvtech
np hope i do the legion proud tomorrow. Heard you were practicing though. Happy B-day!
I had to practice - I was embarrassing myself out there!

Thomas
Old 04-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lostinbaja
Are you aware that Anti-Seize is an abrasive. There are nickle particles suspended in the mixture that are meant to keep the bolt threads apart so they don't gall. I would bet it's doing a nice job wearing down the gears and diff housing.
Wow! Didn't have anyone share that before - Thanks. Honestly, there are several people who have shared this tip with me and perhaps they didn't realize it either. I'll have to check with them because they generally are reliable folks. Well, I guessI will have to retake the pictures or figure out how to color the antisieze black!

Thanks. I'll do more research and we all appreciate the tip!
Thomas
Old 04-08-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys my friend wants to get into sliders but dont want a new one.... anyone got one for sale???? I will be there on sat... i am the big guy with the sc10 in stock sc
Old 04-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey Thomas I told you to use that black stuff! LOL Maybe that will help you avoid thunder foot!
Old 04-11-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lostinbaja
Did some more research on the antiseize and there ARE (as you said) some abrasive qualities to it. That being said, here is a few other things people who regularly kick my butt offerred:

> Don't goop the stuff on - more is not better.
> Try and minimize (don't) put it near bearings as it can cause premature failer.

My unofficial LEGION survey at our local track when asked what I could put in to the tranny to make it roll smoothly and with little resistence was:

> Antiseize 4
> Mom's mystery juice 1
> Not telling 1

So, with that perspective, use your judgement. My personal experience is that there doesn't appear to be that significant of an impact on wear. I've had more tranny casing problems (was not using antiseize at the time) than I've had any from the antiseize. In fact, I haven't done anything in over a year with my tranny (except check it, clean it and re-lube it) unless I broke or wore out a related part (like seeing the stock axels bore knotches into the outsdrives - yeah I know, what's causing that? - not sure but it happens from time to time regardless of anti-sieze).

Keep the tips coming! We can all benefit from more cars on the track and consistent competition.

Thomas
Old 04-11-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pmvtech
Hey Thomas I told you to use that black stuff! LOL Maybe that will help you avoid thunder foot!
You are the man! I see a new LEGION leader budding!

I gotta get Buddy to coach me - perhaps into another hobby.

That car of your flies.

Thomas
Old 04-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

millerman and others, I have a slider for sale. Will include a keyence speed control and 2 wolfpack batteries for 180.00. Ran 2 nights . 4.6 lap car. Hate to see it sit here all summer, want somebody to enjoy it.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by burm
millerman and others, I have a slider for sale. Will include a keyence speed control and 2 wolfpack batteries for 180.00. Ran 2 nights . 4.6 lap car. Hate to see it sit here all summer, want somebody to enjoy it.
maybe you could do like Wayne Vanroy & just be the car owner & rapair person & let me enjoy a fast ride LOL. We miss you at the track Burm.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Default outdrive question

I noticed that over time the outdrives of the transmission get channels dug into them from the drive shafts. Once that happens, the car starts slowing down as the axel won't spin as freely. Obviously something is binding as the tranny tries to turn but I'm a little stumped as to why? Anyone else have this experience? I'll see about posting some pictures of what I mean.
Thomas
Old 04-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default brushless combo question

Can anyone tell us about this combo? Not being tecch savy enough - it looks like it would not be appropriate at our track (I know where's your track) - let's just say that I don't know how this compares to the 17.5 brushless that is allowed at the track?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...em_5200Kv/100A

I'm trying VERY hard to keep the car stock, but know that it won't be long before I have no choice. Any feedback?

Thank you to anyone who can shed light.

Thomas
Old 04-25-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by slider27s
Can anyone tell us about this combo? Not being tecch savy enough - it looks like it would not be appropriate at our track (I know where's your track) - let's just say that I don't know how this compares to the 17.5 brushless that is allowed at the track?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...em_5200Kv/100A

I'm trying VERY hard to keep the car stock, but know that it won't be long before I have no choice. Any feedback?

Thank you to anyone who can shed light.

Thomas

Thomas,

I do know one thing from looking at the specs, that is a 6.5 turn motor. You could put that thing in your sprint car and pull wheelies when you get on the throttle. It would be fun to put that in and practice with it but it wouldn't be too legal to race with. It would probably strip the gears out in the tranny too with all that power.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RcDewalt
Thomas,

I do know one thing from looking at the specs, that is a 6.5 turn motor. You could put that thing in your sprint car and pull wheelies when you get on the throttle. It would be fun to put that in and practice with it but it wouldn't be too legal to race with. It would probably strip the gears out in the tranny too with all that power.

Use the 6.5, then you would have the same setup as Dennis!!
Old 04-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

maybe thats why I cant get my sprint car to turn in the corners. Thats the way i bought it from Pat
Jamcar
Old 04-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RcDewalt
Thomas,

What told you it was a 6.5?

Oh,yeah
"Turns: 6.5T" Duh.
Thomas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.