R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-11-2009, 10:31 PM   #16
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvegauge View Post
For $40 and $20 I hope it is a cash prize race or going to an awfully good cause.
Well if you read it correctly, its 35 and 15 if you register early.........But its called a FUNDRAISER for a reason.....Their will be awards, and im working on getting a car or two for prizes! Sorry you feel its a rip off!!
zr2berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #17
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: il
Posts: 634
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default race

40.00 to race.
joezilla13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #18
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joezilla13 View Post
40.00 to race.
FUND---raiser-------Its a benefit, what do you want to pay, since u say 35 is to much.........tell you what, you can come, pay 5.oo but you dont qualify for any prizes, your ineligable for the car, your inelgiable for any money, nothing!!! better???
zr2berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #19
Tech Adept
 
BigBrute_347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: WI
Posts: 145
Default

Kudos to zr2berger for organizing this event and I believe the overhaul of the track! Way to step up!

zr2berger, you might want to add a bit of detail as to where the funds are going. Charity (if so which one), prizes, track reconstruction? These are all relevant. I just think more specifics would help ease the entry fee shock for some.
__________________
Xray XB4'15....RC10B5M 17.5....Tekno SCT410....SC10FT 17.5....Slash....TC6.1 USGT....TC5 VTA....Revo 3.3 5308....RC10 Gold Pan

R.I.P. - Kyosho Big Brute....T-Maxx .15....SC10 4x4
BigBrute_347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:04 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wauconda, IL
Posts: 959
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

zr2berger: Props to you man for taking on this project. I live right in Volo like 10 min from you if you need any help at all please give me a call. 224-338-0887


brian
toughtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:33 PM   #21
Tech Elite
 
twelvegauge's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: sycamore il
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to twelvegauge Send a message via MSN to twelvegauge
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr2berger View Post
Well if you read it correctly, its 35 and 15 if you register early.........But its called a FUNDRAISER for a reason.....Their will be awards, and im working on getting a car or two for prizes! Sorry you feel its a rip off!!
Easy there fella, I never said anything about a rip off and your posting says nothing about a fund raiser just prizes I just stated in other words it seemed like to much. If it supports a track or someone dissabled,down on their luck something like that ok, but cops sorry I think they raise enough funds through B.S laws and drug dealers with that attitude your going to scare alot of people away you deffinetly don't have me excited.
twelvegauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wauconda, IL
Posts: 959
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Went out to the track today and took a couple quick pics and tried to help out in any way that I could. She's getting there thats for sure just needs a little more TLC.

Kris is a super cool guy and I see alot of potential out of this track from talking to him.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
toughtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #23
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvegauge View Post
Easy there fella, I never said anything about a rip off and your posting says nothing about a fund raiser just prizes I just stated in other words it seemed like to much. If it supports a track or someone dissabled,down on their luck something like that ok, but cops sorry I think they raise enough funds through B.S laws and drug dealers with that attitude your going to scare alot of people away you deffinetly don't have me excited.
I certainly understand your point, im assuming you have gotten a ticket or something before so you dont like us, and its, many dont.....However we are all human and all have a great side to us. This money gets used for many different things, such as shop with a cop, adopy a family, Toys for Tots, and any other type of charities or functions we participate in. Every year we usually send sponser 10 families for shop with a cop, and that is 1000.00, every year we like to try to add more. We also donate money into scholarships for different groups, such as an officer loosing their life or limb, and recently we dontated money to our old chiefs family as he passed away

If you dont want to participate in this event because its associated with Police, I understand......But I am a fellow RC'er, and consider myself a great guy. I am busting my ass to keep this track alive so we dont loose yet another track........That way everyone can have a place to race and have fun at. If you want to be added to the email list, I can add you to the list to know whats going on with the track and other events (Non Law-Enforcment for all the haters)


PS Thanks for taking the pictures and coming out, it was greatly appreciated. I will be out their tomorrow too!!
zr2berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:00 AM   #24
Tech Elite
 
twelvegauge's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: sycamore il
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to twelvegauge Send a message via MSN to twelvegauge
Default

Thats what I wanted to know. I have nothing against police in general as long as they are not misstreating their authority as a law enforcer or have the i'm bad because I have a badge attitude. No tickets just lot's of harrasment and a few unplesent encounters where exsesive force was used for no reason(I know it's always used for a reason). I think that is great if you are doing all those things. I was just inquiring because I travel up that way frequently and have friends in Mc Henry co. and might stop in some time preferably by my own will.
twelvegauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:50 AM   #25
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelvegauge View Post
Thats what I wanted to know. I have nothing against police in general as long as they are not misstreating their authority as a law enforcer or have the i'm bad because I have a badge attitude. No tickets just lot's of harrasment and a few unplesent encounters where exsesive force was used for no reason(I know it's always used for a reason). I think that is great if you are doing all those things. I was just inquiring because I travel up that way frequently and have friends in Mc Henry co. and might stop in some time preferably by my own will.
I know where your are coming from, I see them all the time. Even when I work or dont work, I see those type of officers and thats what gives the good ones out there a bad name. I hope to meet you sometime....Im goona be out there today and tomorrow, come on out if you want, heres my number 224-656-3658 Texting is best but calling works just as well

Berger
zr2berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:09 AM   #26
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 150
Default

Hey Brian, Give me a call
zr2berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:47 PM   #27
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr2berger View Post
Hey Brian, Give me a call
I also have an email list going for this track, to let everyone know what is going on with it, events, activities, and so if anyone has any questions or problems, they can let me know and then i can go to the correct people. Thanks

[email protected]

send me an email if you would like to be added to the email list
zr2berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:42 PM   #28
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 150
Default

Just for an update, some of the prizes for Sundays race is a Spektrum DX 2.0 radio system, a custom painted slash, a regular slash, and two more cars, TBD friday what they will be!! Looks like a good day of racing!!
zr2berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #29
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ChiTown Area
Posts: 261
Default

HOnestly, I want to race there this weekend but $40 is a bit stiff for me! I read before that you said if you dont want the prizes or any of that stuff you can enter for 5.00. Well I am used to paying between 10-15dollars everywhere I race, so if 15dollars would get me in and help the charity minus the raffle, trophy and all the extras, I want in very bad! I need all the practice I can get For "Outbacks Shootout!" Otherwise I will have to race somewhere else! So please let me know!
Mr.Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wauconda, IL
Posts: 959
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

This has to be the most cars that have ever been given away a a single race. Most places only give away 1 kit and then some smaller things (at most maybe 2 cars) but your talking 4

Who's got a car for me to run I want in.


Kris track came together really good man great job. I went out there today and got some pics. there where a couple guys out there and said how much fun it was to run on it. It's a really good thing you did by taking on this project. Only thing that I could see that it needed was for some water for Sunday and all would be great.

I will be there to watch and take pics and watch all the hard work on the track be used by all. You guys did one hell of a job.
toughtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:44 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net