Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
ROAD RAGE Hobby Speedway, Green Bay >

ROAD RAGE Hobby Speedway, Green Bay

ROAD RAGE Hobby Speedway, Green Bay

Old 04-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Green Bay Racing

Green Bay area racers let yourself be known! Lets get some of the smack talking back that we had at the RR site.

Who's getting fired up for the nitro season? Cracker...got that new Ntc3 ready yet? I finished up the break-in on the Serpent this afternoon so I'm all set for the 3rd.

What are ya'lls plans for the summer indoor thing? I believe Jason is still planning on racing indoors one night a week in addition to the outdoor season.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Did Jason ever say where you guys where going to race for the summer season? I thought he said acrossed the street or something. I e mailed him and he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

You guys planning to race on the 3rd of May?

He needs to update the events calender on the RR site.

Where do you GB guys race for offroad?

In case you didn't know the Hobbytown in Appleton got broken into, so be on the look out for people trying to sell stuff. Like turbo 35's and batteries and such.

On another note the Hobbytown in Appleton and Oshkosh are selling turbo 35 gfx's for $375.

Chad
Old 04-23-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Addict

Scrad - I guess Jason has a confirmed location in Allouez, off Libal Street somewhere. I guess theres a McDonalds very close by to where we're racing... I'm still not 100% familiar with GB, so I still have to go find it myself.

What classes do you plan on running? Sound like we should have some great turnouts for Nitro sedan....

and yes...May 3rd will be the kickoff
Old 04-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Scrad-

JJ's Dirt heaven up in Champion is where its at for off-road in our area. He started a summer season up again last summer. I ran eighth scale and had a great time there last summer, but one summer's worth of cleaning endless amounts of mud out of the car was enough for me....back to on-road!

Thanks for the heads-up on the Appleton break-in....I'll keep me eyes open.
Old 04-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

I'll have to get some directions from Jason then, because I don't know my way around GB at all.

I'd probably only race my electric touring car, since I don't have a nitro. Unless I get one of Staniaks sedans that he has.

Chad
Old 04-24-2003, 09:27 AM
Tech Adept

I just got my temperature gun in the mail last night so tonite I will attempt the infamous engine breakin. I should be ready for the 3rd. In general how many minutes will one tank of nitro last?

Andrew Miller layed down some smack last tuesday in 12th scale... I did catch a glimpse of him soldering up some new batteries so maybe that was he speed secret I also learned that having a 1mm rake in my chassis was not a good thing! Andy, Phil and I are pretty fast now so hopefully we should give biker quite the challenge
Old 04-24-2003, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

A tank of gas will run 6-11 minutes. It all depends on what engine your running, the size of the tank, and what needle settings you are running. My xxx-nt runs about 9 minutes or so on a tank.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

Scrad-

Thanks for the info... this will be my first nitro car... and I think I should be ok getting it going... I have just heard too many horror stories about burning up engines :-)

I am not exactly sure about where this parking lot is going to be, but if i find out I will post a map for everyone.
Old 04-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

cracker- Sure...I leave for a few weeks and I come back as the slow guy.....sheesh. I got my new L3/YRX to figure too when I come back so I'll really be off the pace! That reminds me....The knife is up for sale if you guys know of any locals that are looking to give 12th scale a try.

Dont worry about burnin up engines Cracker. Most of the horror stories you hear about that are from people that have either: 1.)NOt taken the time to properly break in their engine, and dont have the patience to wait before they rrrrip it! or 2.) dont pay any attention to how their engine is running. Youve gotta keep an eye on the temp, and make sure theres always a nice plume of blue smoke coming out the exhaust.

Cant wait!!! I've got Nitro fever!
Old 04-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

hey guys....check out the Road Rage site. You will now find a map showing the exact location of the outdoor track.
Old 04-24-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Dont go to the roadrage site it has popups from hell
Old 04-24-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Default Nitro Attempt #1

well folks, i just broke out the ntc3 and tried to break it in. After getting passed all the dumb things like 1) oh i have to charge this glow plug starter and 2) oh yea i actually need to put fuel in the tank, I won one battle with it and it idled for a good 4 mins before running out of fuel. All good. So fill up the tank again and pull... nothing.. pull... nothing... pull pull pull pull... nothing... replace glow plug.. pull pull pull... nothing... oh wait starting?? no died again...

so needless to say i am very confused and disgruntled. The instructions made it sound pretty idiot proof (unless i am just the great of an idiot)
Old 04-24-2003, 08:31 PM
Tech Addict

Cracker, did you doublecheck all the needle settings and make sure they were as the instructions recommended? How are you priming the engine? Sometimes they can flood out pretty easily....take the glow plug out, turn the car upside down and give the pull starter a few yanks just to clear any excess fuel out of the cylinder. Also, put the glow plug in your ignitor when its not installed in the engine just to make sure that your ingnitor is still working right, and to make sure you dont have a bad plug....

A few easy things to start off with..

Have faith...new engines can be a bit finicky when they're new.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

biker, i am pretty sure i have the needle adjustments where the book tells me to put them, but I will take extra care tomorrow in those adjustments just to make sure. Priming it? None of the instructions i have say anything about priming.. how would you suggest i do that? The pull start pulls pretty hard... I am assuming that its because of the whole piston/sleeve thing and should get easier with age. In addition to it all the pull start is in a bad position for left handers so i have to pull with my right which needless to say i am a lil less graceful with. Anyhow, tomorrow is another day... maybe it will be better
Old 04-24-2003, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My friend used to prime the engine by taking the airfilter off, putting his thumb over the carb opening and tugging the pull start. You'd then see fuel come up the line....

Prime it so the fuel just comes into the carb.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.