Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The D-Track (Sussex, WI)

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

That is a wicked setup, I work right over there in Sussex.

I see a few nice tracks in this area.

I haven't raced since high school and now that I am outta college and have a decent job, I was thinking of hitting it back up. Gotta get my nerd on somehow, right?

Looking for some 4wd action, as I used to race XX4. Though I had a XXXT for a while, as well. Def. cheaper to run 2WD than 4...
Old 08-24-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Default D-TRACK

Lemme Guess you wlrk at Quad right.
If it weren't for quad sussex would cease to exist.

I was out on the track all weekend, there is always room for more.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ahekk
Lemme Guess you wlrk at Quad right.
If it weren't for quad sussex would cease to exist.

I was out on the track all weekend, there is always room for more.
Yep

Don't have a car yet. Sold my Losi MFE2 a few years ago for college money and my XX4 was so destroyed I cant even salvage a running setup out of it.

Just want to make sure there is a Milwaukee-area community before taking the plunge again.
Old 08-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Default tracks

There are a couple public and private tracks around, I would honestly say mine is on the lower end of the scale compared to some of the other ones around.
Funny thing is after 3 years of looking for a skid steer to borrow and doing everything by hand. I found out last night a buddy now has a loader I could use. Do I tear up the track and start all over. sh%$# I don't know. I kinda like it the way I've got it but it could be REAL nice if I used a machine to shape it.

AHEKK
Old 08-24-2009, 05:19 PM
ApengxiGT

Thumbs up MINI-Z 4WD

Old 08-24-2009, 05:20 PM
ApengxiGT

Thumbs up

Old 08-24-2009, 05:20 PM
ApengxiGT

Thumbs up

Old 08-24-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ahekk
There are a couple public and private tracks around, I would honestly say mine is on the lower end of the scale compared to some of the other ones around.
Funny thing is after 3 years of looking for a skid steer to borrow and doing everything by hand. I found out last night a buddy now has a loader I could use. Do I tear up the track and start all over. sh%$# I don't know. I kinda like it the way I've got it but it could be REAL nice if I used a machine to shape it.

AHEKK
If you are happy with the track, keep it and maybe mess around with it a little to improve it. I would ditch the wooden ramps for dirt, if you can get em.

P.S. - way to get suspended for spamming the whole damn forum, Apen
Old 08-25-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Default What do you mean

What do you mean suspended?
Old 04-20-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Screened Topsoil

Another winter has passed, and I decided the ole track could use a facelift, so I hauled in 30 some railroad ties and had 15 Yards of Screened Topsoil delivered and what a difference it has made. I still have about 4-5 yards of soil left just waiting for a little rain then I'll add the rest to a couple corners for better banking.
Also wanted to thank Matt for sharing his driving skillz on this vid,
NOBODY wants to see anymore tape of me tring to navigate my own track.

ahekk
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Dude, that was sweet! I'll bring the truck body next time so it actually looks like a TORC truck and not some rally quad. Hopefully I can get some better laps in too.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Big Race

Dylan my son would like to challange you to a race monday firgure he has a better chance of beating you than I do.

Let me Know
ahekk

oh ya he is 4
Old 04-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Tell him I said to bring it!

This is what I'll be bringing

Maybe I'll bring the Pede too so we can have 2 trucks goin.

I'll put the onboard cam in to get some sweet action vids too. How is the track with the rain now? Did that loose stuff get soaked in nice. If it's a no go give me a shout Sunday night and let me know, otherwise see ya round 1030 Monday morning!
Old 04-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nice looking back yard track. If you still need a hand on the track, I can always help out Milwaukee guy here.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

I somehow missed this thread last year, but that's super cool that there's a track so close to me in Sussex. I'm just across the street in Coldwater Creek. I'm actually kind of surprised that I had no clue the track was there, as my ears are pretty attuned to picking up the noise of 2-stroke engines. You must be correct about the noise being pretty well blocked by the trees.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.