Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2009/10 Hurricane All-Star Carpet Series >

2009/10 Hurricane All-Star Carpet Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009/10 Hurricane All-Star Carpet Series

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Dave if you can make it to one of the asphalt races run the 4490's there they work fine outside. We just wanted to make RCGT like TA with only 1 tire to keep the cost down and the Pro-Belted tires last a good while on the carpet and sound really cool too....
Old 06-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bandit17
Trans AM

No 1-ways are allowed…..cars must be full time 4 wheel drive all the time

WHAT, Give me a break. How about giving a good reason as to why?
To clean up the racing. 1-ways lead to more crashes with lack of brakes being used.....there is a reason they are banned from the Reedy Race. If everyone runs full time 4wd the racing will be closer and cleaner. You would be amazed at how much more car control you have with full time 4wd. Try it and see....
Old 06-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin K
To clean up the racing. 1-ways lead to more crashes with lack of brakes being used.....there is a reason they are banned from the Reedy Race. If everyone runs full time 4wd the racing will be closer and cleaner. You would be amazed at how much more car control you have with full time 4wd. Try it and see....
Ran a front diff for all of last year, changed to a one-way before the Tamiya race and loved it, no going back. Guess Hurricane just won't be in the plans this season.

Also, what is the USVTA Great Lakes Series?
Old 06-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Ran a front diff for all of last year, changed to a one-way before the Tamiya race and loved it, no going back. Guess Hurricane just won't be in the plans this season.

Also, what is the USVTA Great Lakes Series?
Thats a shame.....

The USVTA Greal Lakes Series started last year that ran in IL, WI and IN. This year it will run in conjunction with the Hurricane Series with 2 addition races in Indiana....dates being worked out now. So Trans AM will have 7 total races with 5 races that count towards the standings. Lots of TA racing to be done this winter....
Old 06-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Lately I have been hearing about the lack of clean driving, and i have also been at races where people have complained about guys driving through other guys. Changing to a diff or solid axle spool will put 4 wheel brakes in every car, and will calm the cars down. As it was noted, the Reedy race banned one ways several years ago, and it was a great success.

This is not a change to the official Trans Am rules in any way. This is just for this series as an attempt to make for better racing for everybody. Please give it a chance, I think you will like the results.

If you enjoy clean racing, this should be something that you should try.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default USVTA GLSS

As Kevin said, this year's Great Lakes Super Series will be run in conjunction with the Hurricane series. There will be 2 additional non Hurricane races in Indiana to allow those drivers to compete without having to go to Green Bay or Madison, and vice versa. The dates of the races will be close to the GB and Madison races. You may attend any and all races for the Trans AM portion of the series, GLSS or Hurricane.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robk
Lately I have been hearing about the lack of clean driving, and i have also been at races where people have complained about guys driving through other guys. Changing to a diff or solid axle spool will put 4 wheel brakes in every car, and will calm the cars down. As it was noted, the Reedy race banned one ways several years ago, and it was a great success.

This is not a change to the official Trans Am rules in any way. This is just for this series as an attempt to make for better racing for everybody. Please give it a chance, I think you will like the results.

If you enjoy clean racing, this should be something that you should try.
I see your point, sort of. I just think that people should learn how to drive, so series officials don't make rules like this one. I do like the Hurricane series, this rule bugs me a little, but that could be just because I had a bad day.
Still have a long summer ahead before carpet season starts.
Props on getting the rules out so early
Old 06-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Dave if you can make it to one of the asphalt races run the 4490's there they work fine outside. We just wanted to make RCGT like TA with only 1 tire to keep the cost down and the Pro-Belted tires last a good while on the carpet and sound really cool too....
I would love to make it down for an outdoor onroad race, but I have a Beautiful Custom Works Sprint Car calling my name. Got to do some dirt oval racing over the summer.
Dave
Old 06-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Ran a front diff for all of last year, changed to a one-way before the Tamiya race and loved it, no going back. Guess Hurricane just won't be in the plans this season

That is unfortunate, these races are a blast. I'd throw a spool in the car and let loose. Seems a shame to miss the races but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Last winter was my first full season of carpet racing and I am definitely looking forward to the series. Hopefully we'll get some good F1 & WGT turnouts.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Guess Hurricane just won't be in the plans this season.
The race is 120+ days from now.

Why poop in the punchbowl?

If anyone else has the same sentiment and you aren't interested in racing the series, why not just back away from the keyboard?
Old 06-18-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Well its that time of the year again....

The only class these points will not be the same for will be for Trans AM…..This year the Hurricane All-Star Carpet Series will be run in conjunction with the USVTA Great Lakes Series. The USVTA GLS will have 7 total races with 5 races counting towards its point’s total. There will be two races in addition to the 5 regular Hurricane Series races ...1 additional race in November and 1 in January. The last USVTA GLS race will be the last All-Star Carpet Series race so awards will be handed out then. This also gives everyone in Trans AM an opportunity to make up a bad performance or a missed date at one of the additional races.
What are the rules for the USVTA GLS series?
Old 06-18-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

What are the rules for the USVTA GLS series?
The rules will be the same as the Hurricane series. Like Rob posted its going to run along with the Hurricane series there will just be two extra races. A full listing of the two additional races will be posted once the dates are confirmed.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova
I would love to make it down for an outdoor onroad race, but I have a Beautiful Custom Works Sprint Car calling my name. Got to do some dirt oval racing over the summer.
Dave
Enjoy the Dirt Oval this summer I know Rob has the bug this summer too it sounds like fun....see you in the fall.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

The rules will be the same as the Hurricane series. Like Rob posted its going to run along with the Hurricane series there will just be two extra races. A full listing of the two additional races will be posted once the dates are confirmed.
If the rules are the same as the Hurricane series, then it isn't a USVTA series, because it doesn't follow the USVTA rules, see the confusion Which rules should one follow to get their car ready, 1)The Hurricane rules, or 2) The rules posted on the USVTA web-site?

I am not opposed to following the rules, and agree to change my car to meet the rules that have been set, all I ask is that the rules for each series are the same. The USVTA rules don't say no one-ways. Shouldn't someone look into this? Or does the GLS mean it is something different than USVTA
Old 06-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova
Great to see the rules posted this early! I am looking forward to the series!
The only thing that is bad, I got the wrong HPI tires to use in RCGT(#4490).
Got plenty of time to get everything ready!
Dave
Not just the tires, you got the wrong car too...Xray is not allow on Trans-Am and RCGT, as well as 13.5 and 17.5...it is ok to run Xray on 12th scale or WGT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.