R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   Reedsburg 09 season (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/282528-reedsburg-09-season.html)

offtraxx 03-16-2009 10:54 AM

Reedsburg 09 season

here is a link to reedsburg racers home site. as of now there is a meeting sceduled for march 28th at 1:30 at the pizza hut in Reedsburg.

we need all who maybe interested in getting this club up and running to add some input at this meeting. if you can not attend the meeting, add some of ur points on what u would like to see this year on this forum, or log onto the Reedsburg forum.

we are hoping for at least 15-20 members to get this started and more if possible. the more tracks in the area, will be more fun for everyone, and lets keep the hobby groing

http://www.reedsburgracers.com/cgi-b...0564;start=0#1

milton6599 03-16-2009 11:04 AM

Where is this track going to be located?

whitrzac 03-16-2009 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by milton6599 (Post 5557459)
Where is this track going to be located?

its in reedsburg by the airport.

offtraxx 03-16-2009 04:38 PM

its actually in the airport. u come into town on hwy 33, turn left at the first lights and go to the end. u'll see the drivers stand on the right.

how many are interested?
classes?
beginers class?
slash class?
running 2-3 big weekend or every week?
these are some things that will be discused, but we need everyone who wants to race in Reedsburg to add their input before anything can get started

offtraxx 03-17-2009 12:19 PM

ttt

Geo Y-Rock 03-17-2009 07:12 PM

Awesome Thread!!! If I didn't live two hours away, I would join the club. I can only hope for the best from afar. Good luck to Reedsburg. My avatar is a pic of my buggy at your track. I always enjoyed racing there.

offtraxx 03-18-2009 05:40 AM

thats my problem now. the closest track is in madison an hour 1 way from my house, reedsburg would be 10 min. I hope u can still come to race a few times, should be fun

buggy shane 03-18-2009 07:37 AM

last year was an awesome time! hope they can make it work this year to.
I also live over 2hrs away, but i'm up there alot and love a place to practice and just play around with the guys. sounds like there are some new quality guys intertested up there. (new guys dont be shy! this is the best place for you to start out!) see ya on sat. 28th!!!

sleddogg 03-18-2009 10:03 PM

I'm in

New to the hobby, live in Reedsburg, raced carpet slash at RCP Madison for first time today. Not driving an hour to race each week would be nice. Racing on dirt would be fun. Willing to pitch in at the track on weekday mornings and certain weeknights. Only problem here is I work weekends, (maybe not a problem at all except for access to organized races which seem to prevail on weekends) but given access to track time and an occasional bash with others on a weeknight I would be willing to kick in time and dues. Heck, I'd even pay last years dues...then I wouldn't be the new guy, right.??...

whitrzac 03-19-2009 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by sleddogg (Post 5569370)
New to the hobby, live in Reedsburg, raced carpet slash at RCP Madison for first time today. Not driving an hour to race each week would be nice. Racing on dirt would be fun. Willing to pitch in at the track on weekday mornings and certain weeknights. Only problem here is I work weekends, (maybe not a problem at all except for access to organized races which seem to prevail on weekends) but given access to track time and an occasional bash with others on a weeknight I would be willing to kick in time and dues. Heck, I'd even pay last years dues...then I wouldn't be the new guy, right.??...

wlecome to RC, me, mike(offtrax) jeff/alex(marccaracer) are all from the baraboo/reedsburg area so if you need any help you can let us know

offtraxx 03-21-2009 06:40 PM

1 week to go before the meeting. how many are going to be able to be their?

GLwagon 03-22-2009 06:52 PM

I'll double check the schedule, but I don't think I can make it.

None the less, I'm very interested.

sleddogg 03-23-2009 12:02 AM

I'll be at work Sat. 28th but have a few questions. Should we maybe be talking about how to grow local interest and awareness that this track exists? Has anyone thought about a story in the paper, something geared towards a good place for local youth to spend time with Dad, with no theater in town now, the kids could use a place to spend time not getting into trouble. Could the city take part somehow, maybe the park/rec department. How about a fund raiser at the grocery store brat stand. I already placed a call to Sean at Viking Village foods and he liked the idea. We even talked about a small demo parking lot track/race so people could see how they run. Pass out flyers highlighting the track, map to find track, local hobby suppliers, online suppliers, especially highlighting some of the budget starter rtr kits like the slash so kids/parents could see the cost of getting in isn't nessecarily that bad. What about a rental day, that would take some $$ to get started but again the city... Also has there been any participation in the past with the butterfest? There could potentially be a race at butterfest, what about the parade, running cars, passing out flyers. Just brainstorming on how we could grow a membership. Oh, and what were membership dues last year and what was operating cost?

rcracenut 03-23-2009 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by sleddogg (Post 5584624)
I'll be at work Sat. 28th but have a few questions. Should we maybe be talking about how to grow local interest and awareness that this track exists? Has anyone thought about a story in the paper, something geared towards a good place for local youth to spend time with Dad, with no theater in town now, the kids could use a place to spend time not getting into trouble. Could the city take part somehow, maybe the park/rec department. How about a fund raiser at the grocery store brat stand. I already placed a call to Sean at Viking Village foods and he liked the idea. We even talked about a small demo parking lot track/race so people could see how they run. Pass out flyers highlighting the track, map to find track, local hobby suppliers, online suppliers, especially highlighting some of the budget starter rtr kits like the slash so kids/parents could see the cost of getting in isn't nessecarily that bad. What about a rental day, that would take some $$ to get started but again the city... Also has there been any participation in the past with the butterfest? There could potentially be a race at butterfest, what about the parade, running cars, passing out flyers. Just brainstorming on how we could grow a membership. Oh, and what were membership dues last year and what was operating cost?

This guy has some good ideas here. Hope you guys use them. It may work to add people to the group.

marccaracer 03-23-2009 04:50 AM

I will not be attending this weeks meeting but am interested in helping out in some way.

Make sure you address the airports approval to run there first and the insurance costs to do so. Also check into the legal status of the club. Were there bylaws and was it incorperated? Those documents must be followed first. Legal stuff first or you are just spinning your wheels.

From what I read in the past the main issue was lack of member support. Only a few people were willing or able to do the work around the track and the rest were more like paying customers. Anything good takes hard work or it just dies and closes like this. Apathy sucks.