Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Wausau racing at schmidts last race special >

Wausau racing at schmidts last race special

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wausau racing at schmidts last race special

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Slash01Z
Racer1812 just wait you have not meet Dave yet. He will seem ok and try to buddy buddy you but it will all turn when you begin to win.

Signs of Dave may include but not limited to.
cheating
whining
yelling
swearing
making kids cry
many more

I think I know who racerj3 is and I will say he is not a Dave...........yet

Blaine
OK, I could only sit back and watch my name get smeared for so long. This is all BS.

Last edited by (motorman17); 03-17-2009 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Blaines statement was edited
Old 03-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

HEY, two pages!

Cory, I'll have the large popcorn, order of nachos and a beer please.

Blaine get on the phone with NBC!
Old 03-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ebola888
HEY, two pages!

Cory, I'll have the large popcorn, order of nachos and a beer please.

Blaine get on the phone with NBC!
ill second that
Old 03-18-2009, 05:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by leerjet1
Looks like racerj3 is the new "Dave"
Just Ban him, problem solved.
Larry.
You are a real TOOL
Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'll take one of those packs with the popcorn, pop and a rip off box of candy
That costs like 50 cents in a store and $2.00 there. LOL

NBC felt that there tv schedule was already to full but they said they would put it on the waiting list.

Blaine
Old 03-18-2009, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

"And besides that if you are really running roar rules than why would you run lipo and NiMH together. Roar doesn't."

Hmmmm let's look at this one. ROAR rule book page 32 section 8.3.1.8 WOW look at that "any 6-cell nimh/nicd OR 7.4v 2S LIPO"

Give me some popcorn and I could do this all day long
Old 03-18-2009, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

Blaine,
You should get a hold of Jerry Springer. He used to have better Stories anyways.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by racer1812
I have met Dave, and for the record have had no problems with him and hopefully won't. However this guys is not like Dave.
There is no reason you would ever have a problem with me. I treat people the same way they treat me.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (motorman17)
There is no reason you would ever have a problem with me. I treat people the same way they treat me.
Just don't get cranky when I put a whoopin' on ya saturday at DH...rofl just givin ya crap.

If we get to 3 pages they'll black out that march madness crap and put us on prime opposite American Idol ...ROFL

Last edited by racer1812; 03-18-2009 at 06:21 AM. Reason: add
Old 03-18-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Adept

Same here. I have the truck really hooked up now.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slash01Z

One last thing racerj3 what you probably noticed was that all the slash guys stoped going to dorchester so you pan guys would be happy since we were looked at like aliens and did not feel welcome. It just sucks that some people are like that.

Sorry,
Blaine
I've been watching this thread with great amusement but this is something I need to address to Blaine. I am sorry you guys felt like outsiders at Dorchester, but it was nice having you there. You filled that gap in the night we had. You do need to understand the mind set of a pan car racer though. Our need for speed comes at a price that forces us to have to tear our cars apart and clean every inch of them after every race. We don't have the luxury of throwing them on the table and wait for the next pack to finish charging, so to you and your family it probably did seem like you were shunned. I know that no one there ever said anything bad about you guys and both Josh and I tried to help you whenever we could. I even offered to solder the new batteries your dad said you were getting when you got them. I also know that every other person there would have been more than glad to help if you asked. We are not the type of crowd that will just walk into someone else's pit area and start fumbling through your stuff. Kevin and Lori liked having you guys there as well because you were something different. They have been running pan car races for so long that you were interesting to them. So please don't confuse the guy ruffling your feathers in this post for someone that races with us. I can assure its not one of us. And if you would like info on other places you can run this summer there will be a slash class at Marshall's RC Park this year and we already have 6 or 7 guys and that numbers grows all summer long. For more info look at northcentralrcclub.net.

Again sorry that you felt unwelcome.
Mike B.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Mike, Jason talked to me on sunday and said that you guys had no problem with us. From the first day we showed up we could tell that it was a very organized club. He did say one guy didnt like us and I know who that is now. In no way posting that post did I mean we didnt feel welcome from everyone it was just one or 2 people that saw us as guys who brought oversized junk into your club. Kevin even called me one time when it was cancelled due to bad weather and that was very nice due to the fact we hadnt went for a week or 2. Everyone helped us when we needed it and Thanks for all the help with the batteries and everything else. We would have came back but every wednesday I had something going on and if I didnt my brother had hockey Practice. It was a lot of fun and another reason we didnt come back was because We felt that if we would add another class we should have more then me my brother and my dad

Me along with my dad and brother will try to make it over to marshall rc park sometime this summer when we have the chance.

Thanks Again,
Blaine
Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Schmidt's Ballroom - Season 1

Originally Posted by racer1812

I can't say everything was run the best way it could have been but the other option we had was to not race at all in the wausau area. I think a large group would agree that what we had this year was better than not racing at all. :

NO race venue is perfect, or perfectly run.
The important thing is that there IS a place to race. From there on in it's simply a matter of trying to improve, and whether or not the promoters, and racers are willing to help do that.

I was only up to Schmidt's twice this year. I saw a lot of happy people racing their R/Cs. Wouldn't this be considered success? Can it be made better?
SURE.........but it takes co-operation from everyone to achieve it.

It doesn't have to be........."all or nothing".
Old 03-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

I'm glad that some people understand what the point was for racing at Schmidts. NO it was not perfect but its a lot better then driving on a 20x30 oval in your garage.

"NO race venue is perfect, or perfectly run" I do agree but hobbytown in oshkosh is as close as it will get unless your running the ROAR championships

Blaine
Old 03-18-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Adept

Cory,

Whats this about? This is the PM from Blaine that I copied onto here. Anyone that wants my collection of Titan motors for inspection can have them. Just because you never could beat me, you say I am Cheating. If your driving skills were better, you would realize I was no faster, just much more consistant.

Yesterday, 09:25 PM
Slash01Z
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 0 Your Back

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didnt think you were a cheater untill Cory showed me the modified motor you were using that is 20 times faster then the stock.

Blaine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.