Search

Sad news, please read.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default Sad news, please read.

From Casey Wright on Sgrid.com:

A long time rc racer and close friend of mine passed away in a car accident recently. He leaves behind a thirteen year old daughter.

Shaun was one of the old school die hards. He could drive any class fast....from 12th mod on carpet to gas truck, 8th buggy and mod 2wd buggy. He had a tremendous passion for the hobby and a love of trying to pursue the perfect race. He was always in good spirits. Most everyone in MN and WI who raced with him can remember a time of him sitting at his pit table, headphones on, car tore down the the bare chassis with a half empty beer can on the right side of his pit table. Shaun, you will be missed buddy. I really hope we can raise money to help take care of your daughter.

To try and help support his daughter, Kyosho and Liverc have teamed up to give away a Kyohso MP9 through a raffle. All the money raised with this raffle will go to a fund to help his daughter. Raffle tickets can be purchased in the link below for $5 each. Kyosho will ship the MP9 to anywhere in the world, so buy a ticket or 2 please.

Thanks to Kyosho, LiveRC and Brandon Rohde for their help in getting this raffle going.

http://liverc.rccars.com/shaun_neary_memorial.php

Thanks, Casey

A little girl lost her daddy just 2 weeks after Christmas. We've all got some cash if we're playing with these cars. Let's get together and help this kid go to college.

Mr. Losi, can I get a sticky on this?
Old 01-26-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 551 (100%+)

Thanks Dave.

Shaun is a hell of guy.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

He was the guy that got me into Nitro racing. He was always helping everybody with tunes and set-ups. He will be missed at the races.