Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
THE BARNYARD IN ELGIN IL.  IS CLOSED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, >

THE BARNYARD IN ELGIN IL. IS CLOSED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THE BARNYARD IN ELGIN IL. IS CLOSED,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Barnyard better than Leisure Hours? I'd have to disagree. I don't even see how you can compare the two. I've only been there a few times, and never had a problem with the locals. It's a race track that was built to offer racers a place to practice going as fast as they can. That's why you go there. I quickly learned that if I'm not trying to go as fast as I can, then I'm in the way. When I wind up in a wall, I figure that I better slow down even more before that turn next time. If somebody faster than me wants to pass, I let them. If they hack me while trying to pass, it's unintentional and they usually apologize. If I clip somebody while I'm trying to pass, I apologize. This method works for most people.

Originally Posted by joezilla13
ok is this more bs from the pricks that are bashing the barnyard. like savage bitch again. i just bought a slayer and was going to come out this weekend and race, i realy hope it does stay open. its better then lh out in joliet. with the all the pricks that go there and dont let you have a good time. they think there shit dont stink.it is a nice place to go. but cabt realy have any fun when you have ass holes like the local pricks runniung the track. and god forbid you get in there way. it will cost you a bundle of money to get your stuff fixed after them put you into the wall. so stay away from there.umless you want to spend more time fixing your stuff then racing. just ask mark.dan kyle. they have been put into the wall many times. but anyway i hope you change your mind and stay open.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Leisure Hours is just top notch. But is was a bit too much for my son who was just learning to drive. We understood that and practiced a bit elsewhere. I thought I heard that they started a rookie class (at least they should). Maybe that can work out now.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok is this more bs from the pricks that are bashing the barnyard. like savage bitch again. i just bought a slayer and was going to come out this weekend and race, i realy hope it does stay open. its better then lh out in joliet. with the all the pricks that go there and dont let you have a good time. they think there shit dont stink.it is a nice place to go. but cabt realy have any fun when you have ass holes like the local pricks runniung the track. and god forbid you get in there way. it will cost you a bundle of money to get your stuff fixed after them put you into the wall. so stay away from there.umless you want to spend more time fixing your stuff then racing. just ask mark.dan kyle. they have been put into the wall many times. but anyway i hope you change your mind and stay open.
Joezilla- Not really sure where your attitude is coming from towards me. But if you look at the opening post of this thread. It was posted from "The Owner" Which would be Randy Pence the owner of the track. If you look at there website http://www.barnyardrcraceway.com you will see that they updated their website to state the track is closed. You may want to call Randy and discuss with him.

Kim
Old 12-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Woodhouse Me and my son have been racing at Leisure the last few weeks and they do have a Rookie class. He is only 11 and handles himself pretty good out there, taking 5th out of 11 drivers the last time out. The Rookie class is a great thing and they have other kids that race in that class so its not like he would be racing a field of adults. We will be up there again this Saturday and probably every Saturday after that. If you want look us up. I am Chris I drive a bright green T4.
Don't know why these other guy's bash Leisure the way they do. Yes some guys get a little crabby about the new guys slowing them up or accidentally hacking them. But an apology does go along way. I accidentally hacked a regular when I was passing out there last week in our main, I slowed down let him pass me then I just passed him later on to take the win. After the race I apologized and we were good after that. Leisure is a place to go and race, and some take it serious. If you want to go bash around then thats what the Barn was good for. Unfortunatly the Barn was not my type of place so I drive to Leisure even though the Barn is 30 min. closer.
And for all the stupid folk that went and bought a vehicle specifically for the Barn, well shame on you, you are the only one to blame for that not the owner. The place was open then closed then open again. Should of seen the signs on the wall.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

Hi, crash74. That is good news. I think if that news was spread a little bit, so previously intimidated visitors might come back.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default barnyard

savigechick. not sure what the prob is. my brother has a prob. not me. i have raced a lh. and have hade my share of probs with the local guys. and as far as i can see nothing has been done about them. just doing what they want. thats why i will never go back there. it is a good track. and there are a few good people there. but the place is not 4 me.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

savigechick. not sure what the prob is. my brother has a prob. not me. i have raced a lh. and have hade my share of probs with the local guys. and as far as i can see nothing has been done about them. just doing what they want. thats why i will never go back there. it is a good track. and there are a few good people there. but the place is not 4 me.
So you and your brother share a screen name? Who is your brother?
Old 12-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Initiate

ENOUGH ABOUT SAVAGE CHICK. WHO EFFEN CARES ABOUT ALL THAT BS THAT ONLY LED TO CONFUSION ABOUT THE BARNYARD?! THIS PLACE OPENED AND REGARDLESS OF WHO'S RUNNING IT, IT WAS A PLACE TO RACE, BASH AND HAVE FUN WITHOUT A BUNCH OF DALE EARNHARDT WANNABES LIKE LEISURE HOURS. THE THREAD STARTED ABOUT THE BARN CLOSING AND I HAD HOPED THAT MANY OF YOU WOULD HAVE SHOWN YOUR DISAPPOINTMENT IN THE HOPES THAT RANDY WOULD OPEN IT AGAIN. INSTEAD, WE HAVE A BUNCH OF CRYBABY KEYBOARD RACERS WHINING ABOUT THINGS THAT DON'T INCLUDE ONE MORE PLACE TO RACE BITING THE DUST. MATTER OF FACT, I BOUGHT 2 OFF ROAD VEHICLES PRIMARILY FOR RUNNING AT THE BARN. I'VE BEEN RUNNING ON ROAD FOR YEARS AND WAS EXCITED TO GET BACK INTO THE DIRT, SO CRASH74 KEEP YOUR INSULTS TO YOURSELF AND CONTINUE TO RUB YOUR NOSE UP LH'S POMPOUS, BULLY-RIDDEN "TRACK".
I DON'T THINK YOU GUYS ARE GETTING ANY GOOD POINTS ACROSS TO ANY EXPERIENCED OR NEWBIE RACER BY COMPLAINING ABOUT SAVAGE CHICK OR ANY OF THE OTHER CRAP THAT HAS BEEN SHOWING UP ON THE BARN THREADS. START COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FACT THAT WE'RE ONE LESS TRACK NOW AGAIN.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Oh, and by the way,....

:flam ing:: flaming::flami ng::f laming::flamin g::fl aming::flaming ::fla ming:
Old 12-10-2008, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

What are the 2 offroad vehicles?
Old 12-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

this is pointless to make a thread like this in the first place. you knew what was going to happen because this has happened to all of your other threads. there is too much hate on this track. just take some police tape and put it across the entrance and your done!
Old 12-10-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

i hear ya on buying a new truck for the barnyard. i got myself a slayer in hopes of going this weekend. but with any luck the track will re-open. and as for lh. they can keep that track.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The funny thing is that Leisure hours doesn't have this kind of stigma attached to it. The only drama that I see attached to that place is from people like you who don't like it, and don't run there. Maybe the reason that the locals give you a hard time is because people like you drag a trail of uninvited drama with you.

Dale Earnhardt wannabes? What the hell is that supposed to mean? Yes, the majority of it's patrons are either practicing for actual races, or participating in races which happen three or more times a week. That place is a world class racing facility. They hold national RACING events there. You can expect the people at the track to be attempting to be as fast as possible. If that isn't YOUR intent, then what the hell is? I'm just confused as to what YOU even need a race track for? I am thankful for a track of this caliber to be so near home.

Originally Posted by ovaladdict
ENOUGH ABOUT SAVAGE CHICK. WHO EFFEN CARES ABOUT ALL THAT BS THAT ONLY LED TO CONFUSION ABOUT THE BARNYARD?! THIS PLACE OPENED AND REGARDLESS OF WHO'S RUNNING IT, IT WAS A PLACE TO RACE, BASH AND HAVE FUN WITHOUT A BUNCH OF DALE EARNHARDT WANNABES LIKE LEISURE HOURS. THE THREAD STARTED ABOUT THE BARN CLOSING AND I HAD HOPED THAT MANY OF YOU WOULD HAVE SHOWN YOUR DISAPPOINTMENT IN THE HOPES THAT RANDY WOULD OPEN IT AGAIN. INSTEAD, WE HAVE A BUNCH OF CRYBABY KEYBOARD RACERS WHINING ABOUT THINGS THAT DON'T INCLUDE ONE MORE PLACE TO RACE BITING THE DUST. MATTER OF FACT, I BOUGHT 2 OFF ROAD VEHICLES PRIMARILY FOR RUNNING AT THE BARN. I'VE BEEN RUNNING ON ROAD FOR YEARS AND WAS EXCITED TO GET BACK INTO THE DIRT, SO CRASH74 KEEP YOUR INSULTS TO YOURSELF AND CONTINUE TO RUB YOUR NOSE UP LH'S POMPOUS, BULLY-RIDDEN "TRACK".
I DON'T THINK YOU GUYS ARE GETTING ANY GOOD POINTS ACROSS TO ANY EXPERIENCED OR NEWBIE RACER BY COMPLAINING ABOUT SAVAGE CHICK OR ANY OF THE OTHER CRAP THAT HAS BEEN SHOWING UP ON THE BARN THREADS. START COMPLAINING ABOUT THE FACT THAT WE'RE ONE LESS TRACK NOW AGAIN.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

this is a stupid thread. how did we get into trashing other peoples tracks?
Old 12-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

You are using the collective rctech "we" too loosely.

If you look back to anyone recently dissing chicago area tracks you'll notice they are relatively new rctech members, generally, who have recently signed up on rctech.

bunch of folks with personal agendas who really aren't area racers. Most of the bad attitudes are bashers who found rctech, and the barn threads, and decided to sign up to give their personal opinions. From what I can tell not many of them have any credibility with other local racers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.