Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Rock Crawler course coming soon... >

Rock Crawler course coming soon...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rock Crawler course coming soon...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Rock Crawler course coming soon...

A quick thanks to all who came out this weekend. It was great meeting new people as well as seeing some familiar faces.

This week we're beginning to build the rock crawler course. It will be an indore course and we hope to have it complete in the next couple weeks. We'll put updates on this forum as we go along.

We will be open next weekend on Friday, 5-10pm as well as Saturday 10am-10pm. Hope to see everyone next weekend!
Old 11-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Is rock-crawling in the snow considered a valid form of crawling?

Those vehicles are electric, right? I haven't heard of a nitro crawler so far.

Sounds neat.
Old 11-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Our course is indoors, so there will be no snow on our course. I haven't heard of any nitro crawlers yet either. We'll post pictures as we start building, which will be in a couple days.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Check it out!

Here's a link to a video that was made at the track tonight. This is Kyle driving his Revo. Check out this 12 year old speed demon ripping up the track as his #1 fan, his dad, marshalls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PsYGLcWJlo
Old 12-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am curious about the indoor crawling course. Are you gearing it to the 2.2 class? Is it going to be a natural stone course, or a concrete formed course? Or a mix? I am participating in a crawling comp in Naperville on 12/13...a course as close as Elgin would be nice. I could crawl indoors...then run my buggy and truck on the track. That would make for a nice day close to home.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Initiate

All the details for the rock crawling course are still up in the air; we're still planning the course as we speak, but it will be a mix ofnatural and concrete. As soon as we have more information we will definately post it on the forum.