R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   The old tracks list (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/250766-old-tracks-list.html)

robk 10-30-2008 11:33 AM

The old tracks list

I was just thinking what are the old tracks you remember from years ago?

I raced at:
TQ Raceway, Thornton IL, and when they moved to Indiana
Redline Raceway Calumet City IL
Orland Hobbies, Orland Park???
Remotely Daytonas, Alsip IL

I know there was a club called SHORR (South Holland Off Road Racers), Don's Hobby World dirt track,and I know they raced in the parking lot too, a track in Lansing at the Eisenhower center that never got off the ground, other than cutting it into the dirt. Thunderdome???

Any other places anyone can think of???

BobWoodhouse 10-30-2008 11:50 AM

Valley Farms, Cherry Valley, IL
RadioActive Raceways, Bolingbrook, IL
Midwest Hobby Trax, Oswego, IL
Hobbytown, McHenry, IL
Someone's farm with dirt offroad and concrete tri-oval, Mattoon, IL

Timmahhh 10-30-2008 12:16 PM

There was a place that I remember being called thunderroad 31 or something along those lines? I was only there as a kid so the memory is kind of fuzzy. I'm not sure whats still around, but is that TQ raceway the one that was in Hebron Indiana?

Was redline raceway the one with the off-road walkway to the drivers stand? If my memory serves, that was the one I was always scared to fall walking to put my car down on the track.

What about the on-road track in Hanover Park? The name isn't coming to me, but it was next to a handy andy.

vr6 10-30-2008 12:17 PM

rockford scale. rockford, il

freeport roadrunners r/c car club(15+? years)various locations

kanai kid 10-30-2008 12:31 PM

I remember there being a track in Lake Zurich, IL. Was an indoor dirt off-road track. I use to go to that track and then also when they had the roller rink in Marengo. Use to run carpet off-road in there.

Man the good 'ole days.

slow 10-30-2008 12:33 PM

H & H Hobbies, Lake in the Hills, IL indoor offroad, 98 ROAR Mod nationals
AJs Raceway, Dekalb, Il, indoor/outdoor onroad, outdoor offroad

Mr casual 10-30-2008 12:48 PM

Up north further; How about carpet racing with ProStar at Pamperin Park? or at Rustic Resort, Or at that big old building in Hortonville. or at DJ;s Palm Gardens in Champion. How about ThePits on Humbolt Rd, Later on Morris Ave with that Dirt oval?................................yes, i guess i AM gettin' old

nitro neil 10-30-2008 02:04 PM

What about the on-road track in Hanover Park? The name isn't coming to me, but it was next to a handy andy.[/QUOTE]

That place was awsome but I can't remember the name of it either.

There was also NIROC I think I spelled it correctly they ran in a gym on sundays. They would get like 100 guys running 12th scale they also had a offroad track in arlington heights.

chicagokenji 10-30-2008 02:22 PM

It depends on what "years ago" means.

Stanton Hobbyshop, Chicago
Hobbytown, Niles Oakton and Milwaukee
IRP, in the old AJ's
His and Hers, Kenosha
Tinley Park, Walt's races.
Hobbytown Oak Park Il

Never raced at this one but I know Chicagoland Hobbies, on NW Highway had a track out back too, years ago.

Racer X79 10-30-2008 02:23 PM

Here's some for the Wisconsin guys....

Radio Mania- North Prairie, Wi (first it was a indoor clay oval, then a indoor asphalt oval with outdoor offroad)

R/C Raceways- Oak Creek, Wi (awesome indoor clay oval w/infield offroad)

All in One Hobby- Hales Corners, Wi (indoor dirt offroad...maybe oval too??)

ABC R/C- Waukesha, Wi (first it was a outdoor offroad, then a indoor carpet tri oval)

Trackside Hobbies(now S&N's Trackside)- Brown Deer, Wi (indoor clay oval)

Just a few I can think of from the area.:tire:

Crash74 10-30-2008 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by nitro neil (Post 4996937)
What about the on-road track in Hanover Park? The name isn't coming to me, but it was next to a handy andy.

There was also NIROC I think I spelled it correctly they ran in a gym on sundays. They would get like 100 guys running 12th scale they also had a offroad track in arlington heights.[/QUOTE]

I remember that place in Hanover Park. It was on Irving Park Road at like Wise Rd. It was called Metro Fast Raceway. It was alot of fun runnin there. Nice little indoor carpet track, and if you got bored you could always run the cool slot cars they had.

Timmahhh 10-30-2008 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Crash74 (Post 4997068)

There was also NIROC I think I spelled it correctly they ran in a gym on sundays. They would get like 100 guys running 12th scale they also had a offroad track in arlington heights.

I remember that place in Hanover Park. It was on Irving Park Road at like Wise Rd. It was called Metro Fast Raceway. It was alot of fun runnin there. Nice little indoor carpet track, and if you got bored you could always run the cool slot cars they had.[/QUOTE]

Thats it! Good memory! :D I ran my turbo optima and a little toy car there a couple times.

Dadandsonrc 10-30-2008 08:08 PM

Tracks

Motorplex in in Volo tri-oval and indoor and outdoor offroad...M&E hobbies and raceway lake villa short track carpeted tri-oval use to also run Machesney park ebb tide hobbies antioch,garys hobbies racine i think wow old here too 20 years way to long in the hobby ran most of all the racks listed over the years.....

Timmahhh 10-30-2008 09:27 PM

I can't remember the name, but there was (is?) an off road track out in Streator. I'm a little out of the loop as to whats still around.

stg099 10-31-2008 09:04 AM

Man I rememeber Metro-Fast, but vaguely. I brought my Nikko buggy there, and installed a set of blue foam tires with dad. As soon as I put the car on the track, it was obvious that the wheels wernt sitting on teh axle pins, and as soon as I hit the gas, the pins went flying out and ended the day.

Also used to race at Hobbytown in McHenry, Radioactive, Cherry Valley, and a hobbyshop in West Dundee, can't remember the name of it though.