Search

2008 Reedsburg Rumble

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pilgrim
no 10th scale nitro?
Sorry guys, We have had so few actually come with 1/10 scale that it just did not make sense to put it on. That and Scotty was saying that ROAR has eliminated 1/10 scale stadium truck class. That does not mean that you can not bring them just means you might end up running them with monster trucks which is also ussally a pretty lite class anymore for turn out.

As for camping on Saturday that should not be a problem.

Thanks,
Todd
Old 06-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damin69
Sorry guys, We have had so few actually come with 1/10 scale that it just did not make sense to put it on. That and Scotty was saying that ROAR has eliminated 1/10 scale stadium truck class. That does not mean that you can not bring them just means you might end up running them with monster trucks which is also ussally a pretty lite class anymore for turn out.

As for camping on Saturday that should not be a problem.

Thanks,
Todd
really looking forward to coming up for the race.....i hope we get some dry weather, everyone is hurting right now.....
Old 06-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

we haven't had a race yet! so much rain, Kieth and I will make sure the track is ready at least for the rumble. if enough guys stay sat night there is talk about fun racing sunday for awhile. (i would stay) as far as 1/10 scale trucks, i think there needs to be at least 10 to have a fun race. watching a few go around the track seems like a waste of time, there will be alot of guys here that will want 3 qualifiers, time is a factor. but I always bring mine just in case. this track works very well for 1/10 scales, theres not many slow sharp corners, lots of fast flowing! i think it would be cool to have 15 or so all in the same heats, the track is big enough for little trucks. well see what happens..........
Old 06-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Judge each class by how many pre entries you have. That would make the most sense to me. All you have to do is say that at least 6 (or so) have to confirm that they will race, if they don't, don't run the class. Just my $.02
Old 06-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I plan on racing my monster truck and my stadium truck this year! If everyone would stick to the three to make a class rule the hobby would have a lot more new faces. It's hard for newbies to get started if they are expected to run out and buy a buggy or truggy just to be able to race at the local tracks. I will have a truggy ready for next year, but I will always have my stadium truck and monster truck with me. That way if a couple of others show up and want to race I will be willing the be the third person to make it a race.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

THIS JUST IN!!!!! FROM THE LIPS OF SCOTTY HIMSELF........

<marquee>TRAXXAS SLASH, WILL BE RUN AS A CLASS AT THE REEDSBURG RUMBLE!!!!</marquee>

If you guys have one, bring em' out. This will be the only electric vehicle to run at this years Reedsburg rumble. If you haven't seen one of these in action yet, you are going to be hooked. The realism is unbelieveable, and a large outdoor track like Reedsburg is the perfect opportunity to showcase this exciting new vehicle from Traxxas.

We are going to be pretty open as far as rules go for this class, so as to try to get as many as possible. So it's going to be basically run what you brung, but with kit tires only.

So if you guys can get your hands on one, strap in some horsepower, and let's go racing CORR style at the 2nd annual Reedsburg Rumble.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuckMan
THIS JUST IN!!!!! FROM THE LIPS OF SCOTTY HIMSELF........

<marquee>TRAXXAS SLASH, WILL BE RUN AS A CLASS AT THE REEDSBURG RUMBLE!!!!</marquee>

If you guys have one, bring em' out. This will be the only electric vehicle to run at this years Reedsburg rumble. If you haven't seen one of these in action yet, you are going to be hooked. The realism is unbelieveable, and a large outdoor track like Reedsburg is the perfect opportunity to showcase this exciting new vehicle from Traxxas.

We are going to be pretty open as far as rules go for this class, so as to try to get as many as possible. So it's going to be basically run what you brung, but with kit tires only.

So if you guys can get your hands on one, strap in some horsepower, and let's go racing CORR style at the 2nd annual Reedsburg Rumble.
Um...... yes please!!!
Old 06-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Location: Abrams, WI (Yes the same town as CJ & John Greaves)

I've never been to Reedsburg for racing before. Do we need any type of camping "reservation" for the Rumble? This race sounds like alot of fun.

I'd be running 1/8 sportsman buggy. What are the chances enough racers would show up for this class before I trek down there and not race?
Old 06-29-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

No you do not need reservations for Camping there is plenty of room. Sportsmans class is not a problem there will be enough of us to fill the class up dont worry. The rumble is a blast you will not be dissapointed. Our first run of the rumble last year got rained out after 2 rounds of heats it was so muddy a bunch of guys got out the buggies and truggies and just started rippin it up out there the poor things had to have close to 15 pounds of mud on them when they got done but it was a blast to watch. Scotty puts on a great race you can not help but have fun.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Pretty much every racer I've talked to is planning to make the trip. Last year, the day before the rumble, I almost burned a gallon of fuel! Good times!! Looking forward to some more of that.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

iam in buggy & truggy, & maybe if i can get a core truck by then.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

This event looks killer I'm goin to try to make it with my truggy!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

could someone give me the addy to this place. sounds like it could be a lot of fun and will try and make this one.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The track is on the grounds of the Reedsburg municipal airport. One of the other Reedsburg threads on this forum has a map showing it's location.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Tech Adept

Yes you can check out the map here.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...7&postcount=12

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.