Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2008 Hobbytown USA St. Charles Racing >

2008 Hobbytown USA St. Charles Racing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Hobbytown USA St. Charles Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

that's too funny. gayyest grabbling......too funny.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Hey guys, next week will be the first race of the point series. Today we had a test and tune while Cory and Ken made improvements to the driver's stand.

I had a couple guys stop by asking about rules for the season. This is what we'll be running next week:

Stock: 17.5 brushless, 27T brushed, 6 Cell NIMH, 2S Lipo, any tire, any body

Super Stock: 13.5 brushless, 19T brushed, 6 Cell NIMH, 2S Lipo, any tire, any body

Mod Open: any motor/tire/body, NIMH/Lipo

GT3: Silver can motor, any chassis, NIMH/Lipo

Vintage: 17.5 brushless, 27T brushed, 6cell NIMH, 2S Lipo, HPI Vintage wheels and tires, any pre-80's body with no wings, only included spoiler.
My concern is over saturation of sedans which was the concern running seperate vintage & Trans-am classes. Many guys are already talking running 3 sedan classes, myself included. I think Stock, GT3 and Vintage are the popular 3. Adding super stock will just dilute numbers and could effect interest regarding the points series. Mod will and has proven to die mid summer, which has happened the past 3 years.

I would suggest stock = 20 turns and above & 17.5/13.5. Mod = anything else electric sedan wise. This has seemed to work the past years that I have been at HT. Last year guys were running 13.5 in stock with no real complaints.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Watching Solara race makes me "pulk" so I quit.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
My concern is over saturation of sedans which was the concern running seperate vintage & Trans-am classes. Many guys are already talking running 3 sedan classes, myself included. I think Stock, GT3 and Vintage are the popular 3. Adding super stock will just dilute numbers and could effect interest regarding the points series. Mod will and has proven to die mid summer, which has happened the past 3 years.

I would suggest stock = 20 turns and above & 17.5/13.5. Mod = anything else electric sedan wise. This has seemed to work the past years that I have been at HT. Last year guys were running 13.5 in stock with no real complaints.

Hmmm... don't have any of those motors I guess I will run with the nitro guys.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I think what im going to end up doing is having a vote at the first race to see how the racers would like the classes setup. It doesnt matter to me how the races are setup, i wont be racing much this summer or dont know if I'll be able to race at all.....
Old 05-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think what im going to end up doing is having a vote at the first race to see how the racers would like the classes setup. It doesnt matter to me how the races are setup, i wont be racing much this summer or dont know if I'll be able to race at all.....
I hope you can race . what is a HT race without your micro rocket!

Many of the guys I have talked to like the rules somewhat loose and flexable compared other tracks that get more serious about the rules.

Originally Posted by kufman
Hmmm... don't have any of those motors I guess I will run with the nitro guys.
I do see a 13.5 in your future. . .
Old 05-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Somehow, I understood everything you said........
Somehow, I think you kinda like that grabblinh thingy Lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time...

Dave....can you repost HTSC schedule..? I don't even know last SAT was the test and tune day....thanks
Old 05-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
I hope you can race . what is a HT race without your micro rocket!

Many of the guys I have talked to like the rules somewhat loose and flexable compared other tracks that get more serious about the rules.

I do see a 13.5 in your future. . .
I agreed.....stock is anything above 20T, with 17.5 or 13.5 BL...that is stock, period....(rubber or foams, still stock)....then MOD, ppl who is not running stock = MOD....GT3 is always GT3...TC with silver can (or may be 22.5 BL) = GT3.

Then TA.....only the TA rules.

Nitro TC......no problem

Nitro off road monster truck and electric.....

DONE....
Old 05-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Man... you guys with these classes... I think I will drag out the nitro car and see what happens with Elec....
Old 05-09-2008, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

The schedule is on the first post on the first page for future reference.

Hey guys, I just got the race schedule for this summer:

April 12 - Airbrushing How-To/Tutorial Clinic
April 19 - Nitro Car Clinic

May 3 - Test and Tune, track will be setup but no real racing.
May 10 - First race of the season (Dirt Dawgs Club partner race, any Dirt Dawg members racing in this race will get points towards the Dirt Dawg points series.)
May 17 - Race

June 7 - Race
June 21 - Race

July 12 - Race
July 20 - Race @ Dirt Dawgs (Any racers that run in HT's offroad class that participates at this Dirt Dawgs race will recieve points towards HT's point series.)
July 26 - Race

August 9 - Race
August 17 - Elburn Days Race (Run for fun offroad race @ Elburn Days)
August 23 - Race

September 6 - Race
September 20 - Race
September 27 - Awards Night

I'll post more info about race fees and classes here as I recieve it. I'll try to answer any questions that pop up but I'm only at Hobbytown once a week now since I started my engineering gig

Hope to see you guys out there,

-Dave

Last edited by thunderbt3; 05-09-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

FYI, anyone looking for a nitro touring car for sale, I'll be selling my MTX4 with a OS TZ engine. The car is bone stock and was just torn down and cleaned over the winter. Engine has about 1.5 gallons thru it. Pinch is decent and plenty fast for the parking lot races. Letting it go for $325, maybe open to trades.

I also have a proline fuel gun for sale. Used maybe once or twice, $35

Revo might be on the chopping block too..........
Old 05-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

What time do you get started on Saturday's?

Or what time is the track open?
When do you do the setup?
What time does racing to start?
Old 05-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Ah a bunch of good questions:

Setup starts at 8am
Track and Registration (inside the store) opens at 10am
Registrations end at 11:30am sharp, no excuses
Racing starts at noon
Old 05-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Ah a bunch of good questions:

Setup starts at 8am
Track and Registration (inside the store) opens at 10am
Registrations end at 11:30am sharp, no excuses
Racing starts at noon
Glad I'm good for something...
Old 05-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Hey guys,

I just wanted to apologize for the racing today and getting you guys out late. I now realize that being a race director is truly a thankless job and what other race directors have to face running races. I also apologize for being crabby as I was so frustrated with the equipment.

The main problem we had were the house transponders. For the majority of the time, guys who ran personal transponders were recording thier laps correctly. I called HT on from my other job reminding the manager to plug the transponders in. From what I hear, the transponders were mistakenly plugged into an outlet that gets power cutoff at the circuit breaker when the store closes. We came in Saturday morning and found the transponders and immediately charged them. The first couple races, the transponders ran fine and then they started to run out of power (transponders havent been charged since the final race from last summer).

So I apologize again for the racing and my behavior, I'll work hard on making things run more smoothly next week. Other than that, I just wanted to say it was good to see everyone out racing again. It was good to see some guys I've raced with at other tracks show up at HT and also putting a face to a RC Tech screenname (i didnt realize barry has a badass last name )

-Dave Trac

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.