Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008 >

U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Vintage Trans Am Nationals: April 12th, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can "The Track" be counted as my home track since I raced there once?

JOROCC was really my home track. I think it's a dog park now.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Hehehe, considering the next closest carpet track is over 2 hours from here, I'd say it is your home track.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
A few quick stats from the 49 total pre-registrations so far for the USVTA Nats...

Home Tracks:
25 racers from The Track at Harbor Hobbies
7 racers from S&N's Trackside
7 racers from Strictly R/C
4 from the RC Underground
2 From Allen's
...and one each from Michiana RC in Indiana, The Coliseum in Maryland and HobbyPlex in Nebraska.

This is going to be awesome....maybe we can find a way to fit more people in if we run over 60 entries.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Silver Cup
Where can you get these bodies, we are running these cars out west....Can't seem to locate them....Have part numbers but not much luch yet.
I was able to get 9 of these bodies, (3 pgh4001,3 pgh4002, 3pgh4003) and should be here by early next week.

Originally Posted by Kevin K
This is going to be awesome....maybe we can find a way to fit more people in if we run over 60 entries.

Working on it

Eric
Old 02-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Whelp, we just hit 50 pre-registers in less than a week! This is fantastic... I can't wait.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Rookie

How come there is no class for Lipos. I thought this was the wave of the future so we bought this stuff and have now where to race it.
Also I have plenty of tire that i bought of E-bay and I see the rules I can't race them either. I've been trying to come out but I don't have the cash to buy new stuff all the time.

Can we come down and race in a class just for fun. We have been playing in the high school parking lot with 13 singles and lipos and are really fast
Old 02-27-2008, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Whelp, we just hit 50 pre-registers in less than a week! This is fantastic... I can't wait.
Should be completly,absolutly 100% awsome.

TRANS AM RACING ROCKS
Old 02-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
I was able to get 9 of these bodies, (3 pgh4001,3 pgh4002, 3pgh4003) and should be here by early next week.

Working on it

Eric
Dare I say it.....Eric can you hold me 1 of the mustang's???
Old 02-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ohyeah
How come there is no class for Lipos. I thought this was the wave of the future so we bought this stuff and have now where to race it.
Also I have plenty of tire that i bought of E-bay and I see the rules I can't race them either. I've been trying to come out but I don't have the cash to buy new stuff all the time.

Can we come down and race in a class just for fun. We have been playing in the high school parking lot with 13 singles and lipos and are really fast

This class is a 4-cell, stock motor class (either brushed 27-turn stock motors or brushless 17.5 stock equivalent motors) with spec tires and spec bodies. You can't run LiPos yet in this class anywhere in the country, as we have no corresponding motor equal as of yet. Maybe next year.

For the Nationals in April, these are the rules for Vintage Trans Am. For club racing, check with your local track to see what rules they will allow.

For racing, 13-singles and LiPos probably aren't going to be allowed in Trans Am.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Eric can you please save 1 camaro for myself and 1 camaro for rob king

we will be there sunday
Old 02-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Eric, 1 mustang please

Jimmy
Old 02-27-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Exclamation

After much deliberating and taking feedback from many tracks and racers around the country, the 17.5 brushless motor final drive ratio limit of 4.00 has been officially removed from the USVTA rules. This includes the Nationals in April. It will allow brushless racers to be able to adapt to different sized tracks without feeling like they have no chance to keep up with well-tuned brushed motors.

We feel that this not only brings the brushless racers up to the same speeds achieved by brushed motors, but will make it easier for track owners and mangers to have to police. We are also following ROAR's lead and limiting the brushless rotors to 12.5mm maximum. The 13mm "tuning" rotors are easily identified by the groove on the rotor shaft.

13mm rotor - NOT LEGAL:

For the record, the motor options for racers are 27T brushed motors with bushings ONLY or 17.5 brushless motors with 12.5mm rotor maximum diameter and unlimited timing. This should keep the playing field as level as possible for now, and keep racing in Trans Am highly competitive.

Last edited by squarehead; 02-27-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Only 8 spots left for the inaugural USVTA NATIONALS
Old 03-01-2008, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

For those of you starting to work through paintjobs and potential Concours ideas for the Nationals, I have a few bits of info for you.

First, every registered racer attending will receive a racer packet with a few cool bits included. One of these bonuses for the race is a custom number decal sheet for you with the USVTA logos, as well as 4 vintage-style "meatball" number panels with a specific number for this event. All cars must run the number you are assigned for this race only. Every driver will have a different number, and it will be part of your identification on race day. Specific number assignments will be first-come, first served at registration on race day.

Also, for a Concours entry, you MUST race the body in at least ONE main during the event. Any Concours entries not raced during the day will be disqualified. So if you put something together that you want on a shelf someday, just be forewarned that the car has to be capable of competing in a single 8-minute main at some point during the event. Cars with interiors, lights or other add-ons do not need to have all of those things to race—just the main body that is entered in the Concours. For the record, ALL cars entered in the event will be included in the Concours voting/judging. There will also be a special "Racer's Choice" vote and award, too.

Some people have expressed to me that they believe there are a lot of racers not planning on attending that don't feel like they are good enough or fast enough to be at this race.

That's NOT TRUE!
The point of this class is that EVERYONE can compete and have fun. At this race, it's not about winning, but it's about racing, having a good time and getting to really enjoy a fantastic new class that we have all been very excited to see grow at a rapid rate. We have racers entered with ALL experience and talent levels, all different aged cars and equipment of all vintages. There are 12 year old kids entered, and racers who haven't wheeled a car in 15 years! Don't be scared away, this is a chance for you to race and compete in a very unique event.

There is no need to feel like you don't belong because the title of the race has a "Nationals" in it. We'd be lucky to have you attend and participate in what promises to be a really wonderful R/C gathering.

Also, only 7 spots left now... don't get caught on the outside looking in!

Last edited by squarehead; 03-01-2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by call-911
Can "The Track" be counted as my home track since I raced there once?

JOROCC was really my home track. I think it's a dog park now.
JOROCC... Nice...

Seeya there... Looks like there will be a few guys I haven't seen in a year or two or ten or fifteen...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.