Search

iHobby Expo 2007

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Default iHobby Expo 2008

Are you going?

What are looking forward to seeing?

Last edited by chicagokenji; 10-18-2008 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

anyone go so far this year 2008?

I haven't heard a peep about anything exciting to make it worth paying for the parking and the entry fee and taking 3 hours to walk around on a weekend.

Fill us in if you were there today.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm giving it a pass this year. Went last year.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Well, it all depends on what your into........

The major companies were there, Horizon/Losi, Associated, Traxxas, Schumacher, Serpent, Proline. I found the RC stuff this year to be a little lacking.

The big "new" releases were the traxxas e-revo rockcrawler with remote lockable diffs. The brushless E-revo with the mamba system pre-installed. The 1/16 scale mini e-revo and e-slayer. They had rapid prototype models but hopefully they'll have them before Christmas. Theyre going to be aiming for a street price of $200 with brushless system, battery and charger included.

The Schumacher CAT was there along with the MI3.5. Schumacher also had the 1/8 onroad brushless conversion there along with the conversion for the savage but all of that has already been covered on the internet. The speedpassion ESC's arent ready yet but they had the S960 there with the electric motor mount.

Tekin is also importing in the Predator X11 4wd 1/10 electric buggy.

The 1/8 electric market is predicted to be the next boom. Tekin had a prototype ESC along with Speedpassion. LRP is designing one right now and AE will be coming out with a conversion. Straight from the mouth of Mr. Rick Howart.

You weren't allowed in the Great Planes booth unless you had an appointment but from outside the booth, they had a new rockcrawler from duratrax and a duratrax version of the Recoil. OS/Futaba were also in there but I didnt get any glimpses of anything.

JR will be introducing servos that can run on full 7.4V lipo

Theres not too much new stuff other than whats already been posted on the internet. You can probably just check out the online coverage from any of the magazines and save the time/gas/money. They usually have pretty good coverage and they can get in deeper detail.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The hot tip is to skip the hotel parking and go to the CTA lot for $2 all day.

My buddy Jason will be at the Iwata booth doing demos...he did my T/A driver figure

It's not like it used to be, but I still like wandering around and trying to get as much free decals and other crap as I can
Old 10-17-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

We went yesterday ( Thursday ). Saw the new Traxxas Summit and their new 16th scale electric trucks. We stopped by a booth that was offering a driving challenge for Axial and got a couple goodies for trying. They had a cool vertical wall that looked impossible, but the guy there made it look easy. Unfortunately, there were many booths that were not even up yet. Next year we'll probably just wait and go on Saturday for the public day. My dad was hoping to find a show special on an Axial Scorpion...but nobody was selling anything.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Let's try this again, wouldn't let me post the first one.

The appointments I think were because we were with sales rep who were taking pre-orders on the new products. Did the same thing with Traxxas who just took my order over to GP and put it with that one.

GP has a lot of new releases in the next few months. New ARF kits as well as some plug-n-plays.

Checkpoint has their new brushless motor line as well as batteries. O'Donnells new 1/8 scale Truggy and tools, I did not like the 3mm droop screws on the arms on this one.

Triton's new line of AC/DC chargers with flip screens for lighting glare.

Of course the numerous new products from Duratrax, chargers, hard case lipo's, the vendetta based TC ( easy to drive and fast out of the box).

Common Sense RC also has a new 25C hard case using Orion/Kokam based charging/balancing as well as some new chargers that will do up to 6 lipo's simultaneously.

Dualsky has a new hard case with offset charge plugs to eliminate the hassle of a lead going in between the rear bulkhead as well as some super light weight BL motors.

Pegasus Hobbies has plans to do up to 10 Vintage Bodies, mostly cars that the owner has had or does have, and the AMX/Javelin is one of the 10. They are still trying to find a decent mold maker who will not want an arm and leg to do the work.

Seems a big shift in the lipo's to use JST/XH or Orion/Kokam style charge/balancing plugs
Old 10-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Robk...stop by Schumacher booth when you are at the show...
I know I will be sick after 12pm today and I will take a 1/2 day sick leave @ 12:01pm...

Also, CTA kiss and ride is $3 now...still, $15 cheaper then the expo parking.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

I'm going on sunday, I can't seem to find any thing on the traxxas minis though..

whats the gas $$ down there?
Old 10-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Robk...stop by Schumacher booth when you are at the show...
I know I will be sick after 12pm today and I will take a 1/2 day sick leave @ 12:01pm...

Also, CTA kiss and ride is $3 now...still, $15 cheaper then the expo parking.
I don't know if the weekend costs more, but we paid $11 to park.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraiglC
...we paid $11 to park.
Same here
Old 10-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention I saw the new Axial scale crawler too. That was VERY nice.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by whitrzac
I'm going on sunday, I can't seem to find any thing on the traxxas minis though..

whats the gas $$ down there?
Old 10-17-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
The hot tip is to skip the hotel parking and go to the CTA lot for $2 all day.
Where is this cta parking lot you speak of?
I am going to i-hobby tomorrow.
Larry.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It is directly North of the Convention Center, .3 to .4 miles.

The best way to save money is to eat before you go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.