the rc den

Old 08-16-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default the rc den

Is thier any tracks still in monroe wisconsin? that run oval and road course?
Old 08-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Monroe's Cheese City X-treme RC does in the winter.

dustinb;

Cheese City X-treme RC in Monroe runs oval as a part of its indoor racing season beginning near the end of October or the first part of November.

We right now are in the middle of our outdoor nitro racing season. We race every Saturday at our track located next to the SLICE arena on Monroe's west side. We average between 30 to 50 racers on a given week. We invite you to stop by and check us out. We open the track around 10 a.m. and we are usually there until 6ish or so. Also we will be hosting a round of the RC Khaos series on September 8th which we are expecting about 100 racers. So come on by and check that out.

Then in the late fall and early winter we move inside to run our indoor program. Last year we ran at the gym at Abe Lincoln School. This year it looks really good that we will have our indoor races at our hobby store (more on that in a second.) We run electric truck and touring cars during the day and oval cars at night. Allot of the former den oval racers ran with us last year because the den has gone out of the RC business.

We also have Discount America Hobby and Motor sports located right across from Pick 'N" Save in the old Beast Buffet Building. We are your complete radio controlled hobby store offering parts and sales and service on all major brands of RC equipment. We have a large selection of items in stock and if we do not have what you are looking for in stock we can order within a day or two. Also we have many different RC vehicles for sale. I invite you to stop by Monday - Saturday from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Sunday from noon - 4 p.m. Our club president Ryan Mellenberger is usually there and he can answer any questions and give you more information on our club and answer any questions you may have. Please stop by or give him a call at 608-325-4502 or 608-558-0668. Or please reply to this post and I will help you out. Also please visit our web site which is www.cheesecityxtremerc.com

Thanks

Rick Alston
Cheese City X-treme RC/ Discount America Hobby & Motor sports
Communications Director.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default racing

actually i am in dubuque iowa we have an oval track but i wanna start running more touring car is what i am lookin for that is close thanks.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

do you guys have a lap counting system? And what are your rules for touring car ?

thanks
Old 08-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default Laps and rules

We are right now using the Laps free scoring program with amb transponders. We hope by winter to be over to RC Scoring Pro. Over the weekend I will send you a copy of our rules packet from last year which explains all of the classes and specs. They usually don't change much over from year to year and you will get some idea of how we run.

Also we ran a spec touring car class which was for the beginners in the touring car class and it had a good amount of drivers about 15 - 20 drivers. For the more advanced driver we had a Stock Rubber Sedan which had about 10 to 12 drivers a week.

Thanks

Rick Alston
Communcations Director
Cheese City X-treme RC/ Discount America Hobby & Motor sports.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default track

Thanks Rick if you could please get me a copy of the schedule for this year as well so i could use my own personal transponder? Sorry it took me so long to reply i been busy workin.Any interest in 1/12 scale onroad?

Thanks Dustin
Old 08-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Default Copy of last years rules

Hey Dustin!

Honestly! We won't begin planning our indoor schedule until at least the end of September or first of October. We may have some interest in 1/12 scale. I will have a better idea for you on what we are running a little bit later as the time draws near. We still have the khaos series and racer appreciation day to get through outside before we even begin to think about inside.

Here is a copy of the rules packet we used last year. Take a look.

RA
Attached Files
Old 08-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default track

How big is the track their Rick?

thanks dustin
Old 08-20-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default It depends where were at this year

Dustin;

It depends where we run at this year. If we are at the school gym the three rolls of carpet cover the whole floor and we used a stage area for the drivers stand.

If we are at a new location behind our shop the size is yet to be set. but it should be comparable to the gym if not bigger.

Thanks

RA