Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PARKING LOT RACING AT TRACKSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Default PARKING LOT RACING AT TRACKSIDE

Well the brand new lot is complete and it is time to get some racing on it.
We are going to race Every Other Sunday Starting June 10th. Practice will start at 9am racing at Noon.
Classes will be
Sportsman"Novice"
MINI'S of course!
1/12th if you guys want.
Stock
Modified" 5 cell or 6 cell"

Right now, no nitro unfortunatly. Landlord has not given us the ok yet.
Plan on running 3 quals and mains depending on turnout. You will be able to pit inside, but parking will need to be on the street or across the lot in Gordons service.

We are going to do some tire testing this week to see what works best.
I will let everone know about that. I am going to start with CS27 since that is what we all have.
This will be a ton of fun and that is what we are going to stress. I know there are plenty of us going to run Modified, so that wont be a problem getting a mod class going!

Here are the race dates for the Summer.
June 10
June 24
July 8
July 29" CANNOT RUN THE 22ND
Aug 5
Aug 19
and the series final Labor day the 2nd. Maybe a weekend race. Let me know your thoughts on that.

We had parking lot racing when we first opened the old trackside when we all first started with our Tamiya cars. It will be exciting to do it again.

Hope to see everyone on the 10th.

Thanks,
Scotty
Old 06-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

wow...nice!

Do you care if Mod guys use Lipo?
Old 06-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ah, parking lot racing at the old Trackside.
Tamiya TA-02's were the hot chassis. Wish I still had the TA-02W with the black porsche body - they are going for big money on ebay if new in box.

Good ol Greg Jones and I remember the "smooth" surface (cool power drifting through the corners with the back end assisted in coming around by the bumps!)

Now we get to do it again but now on a smooooth new surface. Cool. The new surface is so smooth we might be able to run our M-03R minis without messing up that cool metalic coating on the chassis!

Now, do we bring out our old EZ-ups and put them inside Trackside to pit??!! (nah, the roof has been fixed - no leaks!)

Hey Scottie - I like the idea of trying to do it with a control tire CS27 for a couple of reasons: 1) we all have them already, 2) it holds down costs, and 3) and this is the biggest reason - no rainouts that will potentially hurt attendance. If it rains, bring the cars and their tires inside and race on the rug. (At least I hoped that was your plan.) I remember several times long ago thinking about going to Madison for a MARCA summer race, but not going when it looked like we would probably get rained out. Having the parking lot racing on the same property as the rug racing means no need to worry about rainouts.

What do you plan for lane dividers? Haul out all the boards? (If boards, then we should really have a separate set of boards for the parking lot so that you do not have to take down the rug setup to run the parking lot - quicker transfer inside if it rains, lot less post outside race work (setting up the carpet for practice again, etc.)) Try and use the Road Rails?
Old 06-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

I can answer that one Dave.

We are going to use boards for the outer wall only(most likely the one's for the IIC), and the road rails are going to go inside.

Honestly, the reasons for this are ease of set-up and clean-up. If I have to set up a track Sunday morning at 7am, by myself, I want it to be as easy and quick as possible.

(not too mention that we are actually going to get some use out of those things come hell or high water!)
Old 06-01-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

sounds like fun
Old 06-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Racin

Originally Posted by BuckMan
I can answer that one Dave.

We are going to use boards for the outer wall only(most likely the one's for the IIC), and the road rails are going to go inside.

Honestly, the reasons for this are ease of set-up and clean-up. If I have to set up a track Sunday morning at 7am, by myself, I want it to be as easy and quick as possible.

(not too mention that we are actually going to get some use out of those things come hell or high water!)
Buck if you are in need of help setting up and getting the track ready I am more than willing to help just let me know your starting schedule! I'm all in for this! Hats off to Trackside, Scotty and you for getting this going! Very cool!

Russ
Old 06-02-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Parking lot racing!!! SWEET! I will be there!

Snowy!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think we can make it next Sunday for some mod
Old 06-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Tech Adept

Buck,

Keep your hands off my IIC boards
Old 06-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

I can be there early on sundays to help set up. Sounds awesome. Time to reconvert my Xray to rubber again.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by voodoochild
Buck,

Keep your hands off my IIC boards
Party pooper.....

For those that want to help set-up, I'm thinking, if racing starts at noon, the doors will open at 9, at least that's the way we normally do it. However, I'm sure all the guys that want to race, will want to practice right away, so, if we could start set-up around 7-7:30 ish(at least for the first week), that would give us ample time to set-up the track. If things go well enough, then we can start later....maybe around 8 or so for the next time.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Switch Blade
I can be there early on sundays to help set up. Sounds awesome. Time to reconvert my Xray to rubber again.

Did you have enough Thursday?
Old 06-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brian L
Did you have enough Thursday?
For only having a few weeks on foam id say 3 tenths off the man is a pretty good start. Next time hook me up with some of your heat and then we'll talk
Old 06-03-2007, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm in! I can't wait. I'd be up for some 1/12th mod too...anyone else?

Also, how big is the track? I know how big the parking lot is, I'm just curious of the actual dimensions.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Brian McGreevy
Also, how big is the track? I know how big the parking lot is, I'm just curious of the actual dimensions.
Assuming that we only use the front half of the parking lot(the half towards the front of the building), the track would be somewhere in the area of 100x60. However, we can definately go longer than that, just not any deeper.

The reasons why I figure on this section of parking lot are:

1. The pit door is right there.
2. The awning would give a little shade over a potential drivers stand.
3. Being up front, everyone driving by can see what's going on.

I'm sure I can think of a few more reasons, but I haven't finished my coffee yet and thus I'm still a little groggy.

Now, since next Sunday is the first day of this, we may need some help during the week with a few things, I or Scotty will keep you posted if we do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.