Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIDWEST DIRT OVAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up MIDWEST DIRT OVAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Yes, it's back, the return of the Midwest Dirt Oval championships at Trackside.

When:September 7th, 8th, and 9th

Where:Trackside hobbies, Brookfield WI.

Cost:$35, and $15 for the special class

Classes:

Stock Micro=Any 1/18th scale chassis, any tires, Associated Stock motors only

Modified micro=Any 1/18th scale chassis, any tires, any motor brushed or brushless

Mini Sprint=Team Losi mini slider RTR kit. BOX STOCK, kit tires, motors, suspension parts, bodies, wings, etc..(see post below).

Stock truck=Any 10th scale production electric truck, any rubber tires, any 27 turn ROAR legal motor. Stock truck bodies will be allowed a 6 inch side dam, and oval specific truck bodies are to be run without side dams.

Outlaw Truck=Any 10th scale production electric truck, any rubber tires, any 19 turn ROAR legal motor(no hybrids) or 10.5/4300 Novak brushless motor. Body rules are the same as the Stock truck class

IMCA Modifieds=Any 10th scale production buggy, any rubber tires, motor rules are the same as Outlaw truck, IMCA modified body by McCallister racing, with a maximum of a 6 inch side dam, and 2 inch rear spoiler.

Late Model=Any 4 wheel drive production sedan chassis(no oval conversions), any foam tires, any 19 turn ROAR legal motor(no hybrids) or 10.5/4300 Novak brushless motor, any Late model body by McCallister, no side dams, and a maximum 2 inch high rear spoiler

Outlaw Sprint=Any 10th scale Sprint car chassis, any motor, any tires

For all classes:NO LIPOS

These are the same classes that we run during our Wednesday night program, These are the classes that we will for sure be running for the Midwest Dirt Oval Championships. However, if 4 or more of another style car show up, we will make a class, and race em'.

All heats and mains will be 5 minutes, the 7th will be a practice day with the doors opening at 11am with open practice till 7. Saturday, doors will open at 7am from there we will run 3 qualifiers, starting at 10am(?). Then on Sunday, doors will open at 7am, with last chance qualifiers starting at 10am, and mains to follow.

***Special classes***

For the Midwest Dirt Oval Championships ONLY, we are going to have two special classes just for a little fun. We will call them, "The Crazy 8's".

I'm certain that alot of you already know what I am talking about, but for those that don't, it's fairly simple, and should be easy enough to figure out.

These being special classes, we are working on a slightly different way of qualifying....more to follow.

Now even though this is a "for fun only" style class, we will have a few rules that are listed below. Probably the most important one will be the motor limit. We aren't looking to set any land speed records here, and in an effort to make this as inexpensive as possible, we will allow silver can "Mabuchi" style motors only. This should keep the racing tight, and the broken parts to a minimum.

These classes will run you $15, and there will be awards for the top three finishers in each of these 2 divisions.

So if you have an old touring car, mini, 1/12th scale, etc.. or an old/new truck or buggy.....slap in a Mabuchi, and let's get nuts!!!

Crazy 8 rules and recommendations

*On road class*

1. Any 1/10th scale ON ROAD style chassis will be allowed(trust me....you'll want something strong)

2. Any lexan body

3. Any round foam or rubber tires

4. Stock motor limit

5. No aftermarket or home built bumpers, nerf bars(side bumpers), or other "ramming" style devices

6. If you break, you are DONE, no exceptions, pull it off to the infield, or a marshall will remove your car from the track.

*Off-road class*

1. Any 1/10th scale two wheel drive truck or buggy. No monster trucks, rock crawlers, 4 wheel drive buggies etc...

2. Any lexan body

3. Any rubber tires

4. Stock motor limit

5. No aftermarket or home built bumpers, nerf bars(side bumpers), or other "ramming" style devices

6. If you break, you are DONE, no exceptions, pull it off to the infield, or a marshall will remove your car from the track.

*If there are any questions at all about the classes, please post them here, I would like to make certain that there is no misunderstanding when it comes to what you can and cannot run.*

This should be a blast, and I hope to see everyone here for the return of the Midwest Dirt Oval Championships.

Last edited by BuckMan; 08-09-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

outlaw truck Hell Ya
Old 08-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Buck,

So let me get this straight, if I have say an old Mini, I can race it in the figure "8" on road class on the dirt oval? But no Rick Roedenkerk bumpers, only factory stock.

Is this going to be a timed race?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steven Key
Buck,

So let me get this straight, if I have say an old Mini, I can race it in the figure "8" on road class on the dirt oval? But no Rick Roedenkerk bumpers, only factory stock.

Is this going to be a timed race?
I am not Buck but I can only aspire to be as cool as him.

It will be a Lap feature (lap number to be determined)

I am definately in for this one. If not with the mini, them my Rally car! WOOT!
Old 08-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah I might get to run the Rally car twice this year, Could be a lot of laughs in the 8.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

BREAKING NEWS

The Team Losi mini sliders, should be in this week. So it looks like the "Mini Sprint" class will be available at the Midwest Dirt Oval championships.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I posted about this race up on the "other" forum since theres alot more OVAL racers that visit that board.

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showth...26#post2039926
Old 08-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

AWESOME!!

I probably should post this on dirtoval.com as well.

And.....done!!
Old 08-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cool.

I know that its still a long way off and its no biggie but was just wondering if there will be any qualifying on Sunday? The reason i was asking is I think its the same weekend as our end of the year race at the Triclone and I was hoping to make both.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Hays Jr
Cool.

I know that its still a long way off and its no biggie but was just wondering if there will be any qualifying on Sunday? The reason i was asking is I think its the same weekend as our end of the year race at the Triclone and I was hoping to make both.

Yes, there will be a last chance qualifier on Sunday morning.

Also, I just realized, that I didn't put a price in my original post for additional oval classes. Unfortunately, I don't remember what Scotty said the cost was, so I will find out soon, and edit my post.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I actually thought that the $15 for the "special" class was for your second class...... until I scrolled down Technically it could be if you run mod truck and your "special" class was mini or stock truck.....

I will be there for this race, I can run saturday, but don't know about sunday yet...
Old 08-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

What bout 2 wheel Drive Latemodel?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

What about 2 wheel Drive Latemodel?
Old 08-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pilgrim
What about 2 wheel Drive Latemodel?
If enough guys show up with them (4) it will be a class....

Last edited by Carbonman; 08-06-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

It is official!!!!

The mini-sprint class will be run if there is enough to run it. We got 6 in today, and they are all gone already. So if 4 make a class, then 6 should be a blast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.