UNDERGROUND RC Race Track Chicago

Old 04-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default UNDERGROUND RC RACETRACK Chicago

http://www.undergroundrcracetrack.com/

An actual track inside Chicago city limits. less than 10 minutes from the Loop.

Very cool place.

Track forum:

http://undergroundrcracetrack.com/forum/

Last edited by chicagokenji; 03-16-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

what is the onroad surface concrete ?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

yes, it's factory floor smooth concrete. I believe they are using VHT too.

http://www.performancecenter.com/sit...n+Compound/VHT

Either that or maple syrup... ....... because it was sticky when I walked on the track and dragstrip.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

there website doesn't say a whole lot can you fill us in on the details.

is this a club? what do they charge for practice? what kind of cars are they running for onroad? will personal transponders work? how long have they been open? do they have parts for sale? ar they affiliated with any hobby shops? what do they charge to race? do they run nitro? I know it is a lot of ? but i live far north and work downtown. oh and most important do they have food nearby. got to have food lol
Old 04-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

there website doesn't say a whole lot can you fill us in on the details.

is this a club?

No

what do they charge for practice?

I think $10...Kenji knows for sure.

what kind of cars are they running for onroad?

Everything is run watcha brung.

will personal transponders work? how long have they been open?

Just opened not to long ago...maybe a month or two.

do they have parts for sale?

No

ar they affiliated with any hobby shops?

They are working on a deal now with a LHS.

what do they charge to race? do they run nitro?

You can run nitro or electric in this place.

I know it is a lot of ? but i live far north and work downtown. oh and most important do they have food nearby. got to have food l

There is a Checkers burger place 5 mins away off of 90. The neighborhood is pretty "sketchy" so I wouldn't necessarily be walking around looking for food :P
Old 04-04-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Neil, being that you are downtown, I suggest you pack your stuff and take it to work then stop there after work to check it out on one of their practice days. Sit and talk with G the owner. He's a really laid back kinda guy, and wants everyone's opinions....

The place just opened and is just beginning to setup a regular customer base. It's not going to be like walking into a race night at Trackside, Leisure, or His and Hers right off the bat.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey, I am related to G, the owner, and he has been messing with these cars for a long time. all the above is true. check out the webesite: www.undergroungrcracetrack.com The track is smooth concrete w/VHT-nice traction. There is a lot of space, pit stations, light, and a off-road bashing thats big too. the website has a couple of pics. Any cars are allowed. There were a couple of 1/5 scales there last week. Right now, the DragPro 3000 drag tree and RC 20 transponder system are available and operated as needed for interested racers. Printouts available soon, laptops at each station for immediate vieving. Its $15 to get in all day. Official price structure for class racing will be posted soon. Anybody interested in coming out should call 773-308-8344 during the hours. We run everything, electric, nitro, big, micro, whatever. Its got indoor parking and there is an A&W/KFC right there. I'll be there-race ya?

PS: You gotta call he number to get in-keep it Underground
Old 04-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

had a chance to visit for the first time and i am very pleased that there is another option in the chicagoland area.

i ran 1/10 onroad nitro on their track and it has good traction. the drag strip is nice to have as well.

come through if you have the chance and show your support.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Underground racing

I was racing nitro there also yesterday and had lots of challenging laps on the road course. The traction was good and only required a couple of chassis setup changes to get the car dialed in. Gear your engine for a short track and your car will do fine.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Nexus, Jimmy, I don't know when you guys are ready, but I think my 1/8th and 235mm are ready, especially it is in indoor.........
Now made me thinking...snowing in Chicago (winter) will no longer stop the NITRO racing....Ntrio all year long in Chicago is POSSIBLE.

P.S....Jimmy, lets gather the 1/8th and use this place to break in engine for the MWS...
Old 04-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

you might find the track a bit tight for 1/8 "racing" but to work out a few chassis issues or break-in an engine should be cool. you wont be able to stretch your engines legs in the current configuration. he plans on expanding the track though because he has so much unused space.

the drag strip is where you will be able to really go fast.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Nitrohugg............yeah, from the pictures album, I cannot imagine I can even get the 2nd gear engage (need 150 foot plus before the 2nd gear kicks in...at least that was the setting I have set from the Hamilton track) But I can always bring my 835 for race......and use the 1/8th to break in engine, drive around thing...

About the drag....I would love to watch, but I don't quite want to run my 1/8th cause without a tall driver stand, I cannot see the car when they are far away...

No matter waht...INDOOR NITRO in Chicago, just cannot imagine that is really happening...

Last edited by Solara; 04-16-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

This would be the only place to race 1/8 on road indoors in the country if they expand the track. Not to mention nitro touring car.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

I have look at the bigger image of the track........50x80 on road track..? If that layout is for on-road...it MUST be longer then 80 fee...Strictly is 35 feet long and underground is alot longer then 2X of Strictly...

That track is ENOUGH to race 1/8th...........if RON (Duneland) is here, he can tell immediately from looking at pic....I would say 4-6 1/8th are capable to race there. Of course, it is considered TIGHT compare to open track like Toledo or Hamilton.

I will bring my 705 835 and 950R....and the worst case, I can race my Xmod on the drag strip.

P.S....Robk, where the hack were you SAT? We can't go to 'Library" because of you.....
Old 04-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Let me use the EC or something Lo and I'll go during work :P

It's only 5 mins from there plus I can bring "backup" LOL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.