Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Midwest Nitrocross Wisconsin Illinois Off Road Outdoor Series >

Midwest Nitrocross Wisconsin Illinois Off Road Outdoor Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Nitrocross Wisconsin Illinois Off Road Outdoor Series

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Just a friendly reminder to those that will be racing the MWNX @ the Farm next Month. You will need a "Walkman" or MP3/Ipod that can "tune in" the scoring booth. Otherwise you wont know whats going on in your race, or the race you are pitting for.There is a very limited amount of head phones provided on the stand. Thanks, Thomas-
Old 06-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for the reminder Thomas!
Old 07-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Howdy Matt, what will be the race day schedule at Dirt Dawgs this sunday?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hey Matt

Hey Matt;

I sent you an e-mail regarding Cheese City X-treme RC intrest in hosting a round next year. Did you recive it. Just checking!Thanks

Rick Alston
Cheese City X-treme RC
Communcations director.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davidka
Howdy Matt, what will be the race day schedule at Dirt Dawgs this sunday?
As always, we will be operating under host track rules and schedule, for more information, contact the host track website ( Round 4 is www.dirtdawgsrc.com ) It appears as if their website is down temporarily right now though It is my understanding that if the club agrees to a long program for the day, we will be running 3 qualifiers and up to 15 minute A-Mains. We'll have to wait for that morning however to see what they can offer.
Originally Posted by xtremerc
Hey Matt; I sent you an e-mail regarding Cheese City X-treme RC intrest in hosting a round next year. Did you recive it. Just checking!Thanks, Rick Alston
Yes Rick, thanks for the email! I thought I sent that reply to you a while back, but just now I checked my email and apparently I saved it as a draft for some reason instead. Well, anyway I just sent it to you. We look forward to working with you for 2008! Actually, I'd like to get out there to your track this summer because I'm hearin' GREAT things about it!
Old 07-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Ok, the Dirt Dawgs Site is available again. Maybe it was just a glitch on my end?

Here is the information on their site...

Bi-Weekly Racing, Sunday Racing Schedule
Open Practice 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM At least Two Rounds of Five Minute Qualifying Races will be run for all classes. Your Single-Fastest Qualifying Run will be used for your Main Event Starting Position.

All main events will be setup with Qualifying drivers and one "Bump-up" slot. The winning Driver of the lower main will "Bump-Up" and run the next main in the next slot.

Sign-Up's 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM
Racing Starts 10:00 AM
Racing Ends 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM

We race the following classes on Sunday:

1/8 Scale Nitro Buggy (Pro), A Main - 15 Minutes, B-Z - 10 Minutes
1/10 Scale Gas Truck, A Main - 15 Minutes, B-Z - 10 Minutes
Outlaw Monster Gas Truck, A Main - 15 Minutes, B-Z - 10 Minutes
Monster Gas Truck (Sportman), A Main - 15 Minutes, B-Z - 10 Minutes
1/10 Scale Electric Truck and Buggy, All Electric Mains are 5 Minutes
Old 07-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

So race day format will be the same as a normal club race then?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davidka
So race day format will be the same as a normal club race then?
Well, I have heard that on light turnout days during normal club races, sometimes they run a light program so everybody can get home earlier, but with larger turnouts usually to please the crowd they will run longer programs.

Like I mentioned, we'll have to wait for the drivers meeting on Sunday morning to see what will happen.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Well thanks to everybody that came out to Heines track on Sunday! The turnout was much better than I expected, and all the Dirt Dawgs group seemed happy to have us around. I met a couple of new guys from the Dirt Dawgs, and it was nice to see the members that I remembered from last year.

Nick Bach ( and Jordan ) did a great job running the show...we only had one hiccup all day, that was just before the Buggy and Truggy mains. Due to a software problem, Nick was forced to improvise and resort the classes at the last minute, but everything ended up fine. The only problem occurred in the Buggy C-Main, or should I say MAIN(S). Basically there were two C-mains by the time the dust settled. The first one ran at 4:07pm, the second one ran at 4:40pm.

MY OFFICIAL DECISION IS TO DROP THE 4:07 RACE

There are a couple exceptions here, so try to stay with me. In the 4:07 race, Mike Giglio won the event was was ( supposed ) to bump into the B main. But then the software issue happened, and somewhere in the shuffle, Mike ended up racing the second C main, and only finished second. Sorry Giglio, but for all confusion sake, I choose to go by the second C main. If this would have been brought to my attention at the time of the race itself, we might have been able to do something with Nick, but since I was in the pits and it was brought to my attention later in the program, I have to make one decision or another. Also lost in the shuffle was Jack List. In the first C main, Jack finished fifth, but is nowhere to be seen in the second C main. Nobody else in the first C main was even in the MWNX points, except Mike Giglio and Jack List. For Jack, I have decided to insert him into the second C main points mix based on his original run in the first C main of 8 laps at 7:22.288. That puts him at last place in the second C main, since even the last place person in the second C main completed 10 laps at 7:50.750.

I know, some of you are scratching your heads saying "WHAT JUST HAPPENED?" but rest assured, I have gone over this time and time again and given the circumstances, this is the call I have made. It was a freak accident, and there were really only one or two ways to handle it. I operate based on host track rules, and between suggestions from Nick and I, and a couple others, we handled the situation as we saw fit.

Enough of that, on to the track itself. When we got out there and started practicing, the track was loose. Picture an ice skating rink, with marbles on top. Let me just say that this was my first race of the year, and between my lack of practice, and obviously having the wrong tire for the track, I was discouraged. But as the day went on, more and more of the soft surface was blown off the track, and when Dave Heine set up the track with watering equipment, he should have gotten an award! Haha. Awesome...by the end of the day, I think everybody was impressed with how the track ended up. A note for you guys tempted to go down to Heine's track and run this year...the track has an AWESOME layout, it's long so you can stretch the legs on the Buggy and Truggy. Oh yeah, if you're running buggy, remember to bring your Step Pins ( or other VERY large block tires ) for when the track is loose, Truggy guys were running Mulchers and Badlands with good results in the earlier heats. Oh, and if you have a 14 tooth pinion...toss it on, you'll be glad you did

So, results and updated points are posted at...

http://www.mwnx.com/MWNXSeries/MWNX-...ad-Results.pdf

Let me just say Thank You once more to Dirt Dawgs for having us out again...and I look forward to next year!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Details for Round 5, Nitro Farm, www.nitrofarm.com

Fire up @ 7:30
Racing starts @ 11:30 sharp
Pizza,soda & water will be available.
Electric access available. Don't forget to bring your FM radios.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

How Much Will It cost to race this weekend at the Nitro Farm. Im running 10th scale and my neighbor is running truggy.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pilgrim
How Much Will It cost to race this weekend at the Nitro Farm. Im running 10th scale and my neighbor is running truggy.
Daily entry for Nitro Farm is $15.00. That is paid to Thomas and crew when you're signing up with them in the morning. If you're running Midwest Nitrocross points for the day, you must see me at the Midwest Nitrocross tent and pay MWNX fees at that time. Midwest Nitrocross fees are $6.00(1st entry), $9.00(2nd entry), $10.00(unlimited entries).

So for one guy running one class your total out of pocket for Nitro Farm and MWNX points is $21.00
Old 08-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks to all the racer's that braved the rain & raced! If it was your 1st time at the track,hope you enjoyed it. To bad about the rain, we hope to see you again soon. Hopefully next sat will be more coopertive. Take care-
Old 08-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrofarm
Thanks to all the racer's that braved the rain & raced! If it was your 1st time at the track,hope you enjoyed it. To bad about the rain, we hope to see you again soon. Hopefully next sat will be more coopertive. Take care-
I sawed up a fender, destroyed a spur gear, covered my truck in sticky clay, and soaked myself to the bone.

When can I come out next?
Old 08-19-2007, 05:37 AM
Tech Adept

Welcome any time Mike,we'll be out there Monday afternoons till dark.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.