R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   Northern Hobbies???????????? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/148685-northern-hobbies.html)

Brad S. 02-08-2007 04:10 PM

Northern Hobbies????????????

Does anybody know when Northern Hobbies first race is??????????????? Hoping it's the GROUND POUNDER. Thanks in advance.

Brad Shearer

COLE C B4 02-08-2007 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by B4.Brad
Does anybody know when Northern Hobbies first race is??????????????? Hoping it's the GROUND POUNDER. Thanks in advance.

Brad Shearer

Brad,
I think that the first race is on June 23 as one of there series races. I could be wrong tho...... We have to get a gas car so that we can run :nod: :nod:

for the electric class will we be running stock or mod truck? I think that we should run mod..... that track is too big for stock

Brad S. 02-08-2007 05:26 PM

Cole- When I ran truck we always ran stock because nobody wanted to run mod! In the old days you would have to clean your stock motor every round because of the sand, but Northern got some nice dirt now. I am going to run the 8Ight this year so we will see what happens. i can't wait for the nitro season. Tell your dad you need an 1/8th scale buggy. Tell him I said so! :D

Brad

PS: There may be some ambition to run mod this year. Who knows???

Mr casual 02-09-2007 06:40 AM

How does the electric crowd feel about running a shorter track this year? Maybe it's just me, but i enjoy a 20 or so lap race more than a 7 lap race.

Brad S. 02-09-2007 10:35 AM

Hey Chuck. Do they still have the cut off in the pipes?

Troy_Konitzer 02-09-2007 02:00 PM

There seems to be much more interest for mod/open electric. I think the Khaos Series is the only "scheduled" mod electric class races, but maybe we could tranform the Northern Series class into mod?

I agree the track was a bit long last year, especially for stock electric. It's primarily a nitro track, but if they keep the large track and we go mod electric, IMO it should be more fun. We still wouldn't get many more laps, but would certainly make it more exciting.

Mark V, Curt C, Cole C, Chuck R, Quinn and I were all interested in doing mod last time I talked with them. Mark and I are considering brushless motors to keep the dirt out/low maintenance and I'd love to do Lipo's but that may be too mcuh to get a class started.

Troy

Z_Schneider 02-10-2007 12:01 PM

The entire schedule should be up to date on the Northern Hobbies website. The first race here is for the rc Khaos series on May 5th, and the Ground Pounder is May 19. Hope to see you there!

schmelme 02-10-2007 12:51 PM

I wont be at those 2 races i'll be at leisure hours those two weekends.

Brad S. 02-10-2007 06:49 PM

Zac-YGPM

COLE C B4 02-11-2007 03:17 PM

If we dont have enough for mod we could just run them all in the same class....brushless can easily run for 10 min. the rc pro series runs 15 min brushless mains sooo....we could run in 1/10 gas.

I dont think that we will have to shorten the track for electric that wouldnt make any sence

Brad- Still no luck in getting a gas car :cry:

turd ferguson 02-11-2007 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by COLE C B4
Brad- Still no luck in getting a gas car :cry:

I might have something...

Brad S. 02-12-2007 11:41 AM

Turd with a 10th scale NT?????? Sweet :cool:

COLE C B4 02-12-2007 01:11 PM

Dosent turd have every rc car made? :weird: :sneaky: :lol:

Brad S. 02-12-2007 03:05 PM

No, all but one! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

COLE C B4 02-12-2007 03:55 PM