Victory Hobbies 2007 thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Default Victory Hobbies 2007 thread

Just thought I would start a new thread for the year 2007.

We are looking forward of having a great second year. New items in the shop every week and racing is in full swing with all 3 forms. Both the Carpet and dirt oval racing are going well, as is the Road Course. We will begin work on the off-road track in early spring. With the interest in dirt oval rising weach week. We will be converting the Off-Road to Dirt oval for the summer. Victory will be running both nitro and Electric outdoors on the lighted track.

On the 27th of Jan the Wis Touring Car Series will be making there stop at Victory and it should prove to be a good race as points tighten up as the season come to a close.

Feb 3rd Victory will be hoist to the "Ground Hog Dirt Day" on the dirt oval. There will be many classes and a portion of the enteries will go back to the A-main drivers. Bump-up will be done for all lower mains to give all a chance at some cash.

Feb 24th at Victory will be the ROAR Reg 5 Carpet oval champs. It's going to be fininshed in one day. Entry fee ( if you are a ROAR) Member will be $5.00 and non members will be $20.00 for the first class (single event membership included at $15.00) and every class after will be $5.00.

We want to thank you all for the support you've givin so far and hope to be one of the best Tracks in Wisconsin.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Its gonna be a good year. WOOOT!!!
Old 01-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Any thought of "maybe" having the inside of the dirt oval an off-road track kinda like they had a road course type thing at Bayland?
Old 01-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Hello, What pan car classes do you guys run ? I had heard that you are only running brushless, is this true? Also will you still be doing the cheese land race on Feb 10? Thanks, AL
Old 01-16-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

Al, the pan cars for the most part are 13.5 brushless. We welcome brushed motors, however there is not always enough to make a seperate class of it. The brushless is roughly 0.3 seconds a lap faster then a stock brushed motor. So you can run with them, however at a disadvantage. The cheeseland is held by prostar racing club on feb 10 at the roller rink. There is a post on here or pm. Mr. Casual. Onward... Last night showed a heat of stock trucks on the dirt oval. Guys were having a blast and we welcome anyone wit a truck to give her a spin. Mikey G. looked ravishing in his new ride. I hope he doesn't plan to wax the primer?
Old 01-16-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Al,
Burm is right on about the brushless/brushed motors. We do offer a brushed class but few show up to run it. The Majority of oval guys in the GB area and west bend/ milwaukee area have switrched to ( at least ) the GTB and 13.5 for Oval. I not trying to do a sales pitch being a brushed motor guy myself. It does free up time to allow you to work on the chassis. It's just as far as the guy next to you right outta the box and you (in theory) don't need to take it outta the car. I think it takes something away from the Hobby aspect but I do enjoy racing it. We will race anything as long as there are 2-3 guys. We will race trucks, buggies, 19trn, touring cars. But for the most part on the carpet 13.5 has been whats showing up.

Prostar racing is taking care of the Cheeseland race. they will be running brushed stock and 13.5 oval racing as different classes they also will be running the usual touring cars and trucks The link to there thread is ( Cheeseland ) You can direct any questions to them

R/C A
This is only my opinion ( not the managements, They may have differnet ideas) but I don't see the need for the off-road in the middle of the outdoor dirt oval. With 3 other Bigger off-road tracks designed for off-road with in 1 hour driving radius there is no benefit to it. There is not the room for the 4 ft jumps for launching cars the way the other tracks can. And if you could it would block the view along the backstretch and cause blind spot. LIke I said , this is my opinion NOT the managments
Old 01-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Tech Master

TONIGHT'S ROAD COURSE ACTION WILL BE ON WWW.LIVERC.COM
Old 01-16-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info. We are running 4 cell 19 turn at my local track and I was hoping there would be a class for that also. I will probobly pick up a brushless system soon but I would still like to get a little more use out of the $ 1000.00 + that I have invested into brushed equipment first Ha Ha. But isn't that the way things always go. P.S. Is the 13.5 brushless a winged class or is it spoiler only. Could you fill me in on the rulls for the brushless classes? Thanks, AL
Old 01-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I seen Makus and Heft run without big ole spoilers and they are pretty much just as fast with em on.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

I think 19trn is competitive with the 13.5 in oval they seem to just about the same. In road course I there they are about the same as stock. I know when we went to 13.5 we really lowered the lap times. We run winged and wingless
both are competitive so come and have a good time
Old 01-16-2007, 11:20 AM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

what time are you guys opening today?
Old 01-16-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

4:00..
Old 01-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

HOW DID I DO THAT?
Old 01-16-2007, 11:27 AM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)