Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NITRO FARM 2007 SEASON

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Did you get the RTR 8 ? Anyway let us know if you need help. Thats what we are here for. Have a great Holiday everyone!
Old 12-25-2006, 02:01 AM
Tech Adept

Geo and I went LH's last weekend & had some fun. He rocked & I reeked! My Jato got sledgehammer'd from behind by an 8. While I was upside down on the back straight during practice. Took out the rear shock shaft & tower.Tried to run the 1st qualifier & the rear tower finally broke clean thru. Went searching for parts in Joilet & got turned around. 2 hrs later I made it back to the track just in type for the main. Ran some hot laps & the tranny blew right before the start. What a day, at least I got to run the Jato for about 20 min. The truck jumps & goes thru bumps better than any truck I've ever driven. The STS Dragon motor ran flawlessly & never as so much hicup'd.I cant wait to get back & run it & get used to the handling. I found out later when I got home that it had no slipper(due to my own neglect) & thats what roached my tranny gears. Geo had a much better day, he bumped from the B & kept charging from the back in the A & finished 5th! There was some really good drivers & he just kept it on its wheels & did'nt let many get by him. I would have to say that the Losi 8 really seemed to jump better than any scale. I was really impressed. Titus(my son) will be getting one ASAP. Hope everone is making it a great Christmas. In 1984 I spent Christmas & New years (30 days) in drug & alcohol rehab. So Christmas is a special time of the year for me. I never thought I would have a great wife,family & friends. I'm truely blessed... peace on earth good will towards men!
Old 01-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've got the DT's for Nitro. Gotta race!!! If winter isn't going to stay, let's run some outdoor. 50 degrees is t-shirt weather.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrofarm
I never thought I would have a great wife,family & friends. I'm truely blessed... peace on earth good will towards men!

Good things happen for good people. Have a happy new year.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Geo Y-Rock
I've got the DT's for Nitro. Gotta race!!! If winter isn't going to stay, let's run some outdoor. 50 degrees is t-shirt weather.
I'm in!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default tires

hey geo what tires were you guys running at the farm last year? what is the track surface like. what inserts were you using? any info is appreciated thanks neil
Old 01-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitro neil
hey geo what tires were you guys running at the farm last year? what is the track surface like. what inserts were you using? any info is appreciated thanks neil
For Buggy we were using Crime Fighters in the M3 compound. The Ofna yellow or orange inserts are what you want. Yellow is a little firmer than orange. I like the softer orange ones. Proline M3 Step Ups were good too. M2 Crimefighters were really good as well. Panther Komodo or Gators work. The most popular choice has got to be the M3 Crimefighters. They hook up on 99% of the tracks you will see outside. The only time you may not use them is at a HUGE race where a blue groove starts and a smaller pin is wanted.

The Nitrofarm's surface is clay. From week to week during normal club racing it can be a little looser with some small marbels. At the Summer Showdown there were about 80 entries. Parts of the track actually turned black from the blue groove. The surface is never loamy and loose. It's usually pretty firm with good traction. It's best when it's a little wet. Then it's like velcro.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default thanks for the info

Thanks for the info Geo. I'm trying to get a list of things i need to get for an 1/8 scale. summer is right around the corner. Thanks again Neil
Old 01-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Suspended

Wink

Originally Posted by nitrofarm
Did you get the RTR 8 ? Anyway let us know if you need help. Thats what we are here for. Have a great Holiday everyone!
no i bought the kit.and i'm sure i will be taking up on the help thing come summer.thanks again!!!!!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default tires for leisure hours

hey Geo i take it you are using the panther switch 2.0 clay compound at leisure hours what inserts are you using there. I was figuring it would be either the ofna yellow or orange. thanks , neil
Old 01-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nitro neil
hey Geo i take it you are using the panther switch 2.0 clay compound at leisure hours what inserts are you using there. I was figuring it would be either the ofna yellow or orange. thanks , neil
Ofna orange are my favorite. Did you get the new buggy yet?
Old 01-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

nope not yet getting a list of everything i need . I should be ordering everything i need tomorrow. I'm in vegas until the 21st and i will want it when i get home so i can build it and racing the following weekend. thanks for the info Neil
Old 01-11-2007, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Neil, hows it going? Winning any money? My brother inlaw won $26,000 last fall. Good luck hope to see ya soon!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

nope not yet. hoping to get lucky. i'm taking it easy on the gambling this week. next week will be a diffrent story. i'm here for 2 weeks for work and i'm hoping to take some of the money i earn home with me. lol wish me luck.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

GOOD LUCK!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.