John's Hobbies Hartford, WI.

Old 10-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Did this thread die?

Isn't this going on next saturday and sunday? I hope that it isn't crazy cold out. So how many people do we have so far? Looks like 4 to me.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jackyl
Did this thread die?

Isn't this going on next saturday and sunday? I hope that it isn't crazy cold out. So how many people do we have so far? Looks like 4 to me.
Seems like the interest has died off. This saturday & sunday is the racing. I hope he has more than 4 or 5 people show up. Come on guys lets know if you wanna run.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 10-16-2006, 12:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
"RACE SEASON IS ON NOW TILL NOV. OR THE SNOW FLIES WHICH EVER COMES FIRST. 1RST ANNUAL INVATATIONAL FUN RUN /RAFFLE RACE SAT. OCT. 21.[RAIN DATE 22 ND 2006.] 12 NOON TILL 5 PM.GAS AND ELECTRIC CAN BOTH RACE . REGISTRATION IS 9AM -11:00 AM. RACING AT 12 NOON TILL 5 PM. PRATICE FROM 9 AM TILL 11:30 AM. ALL AGES KIDS AND ADULTS WELCOME. $5.00 PER PERSON COVER. RUN WHAT YA BRUNG. NO SCORING , NO CLASSES. ELECTRICTY ON SITE. PRIZES AWARDED AT THE END OF THE DAY . RAFFEL TICKETS ARE PRESENTED WHEN YOU REGISTER. PRIZES WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: $25.00 CASH, 1 QT OF FUEL, TIRES, GLOWPLUGS, BATTIERS, QUICK PICK FUEL BOTTELS, A FREE WHEEL RACE CONTROLLER FOR PC RACING GAMES AND MORE. !!! SO GET THERE EARLY TO GET IN ON THE FUN!! MUST BE MEMBER TO RACE".

The above qoute is what I just got off of John's hobbies web site,so it looks like theres not going to be any scoring or any real classes.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by old_fart_racing
MUST BE MEMBER TO RACE".
From what he told me you didn't need to be a member. John's brother told me they were looking at doing manual scoring. That info wasn't posted on his site when I looked at it before I started the thread.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 10-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Unhappy

I really think the no scoring and not having any classes is really going to deter
some people from coming there!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Tech Adept

I agree,

Probably better off just going to trackside for some indoor. I have a feeling that this is just going to end up being some guys with Tmaxx's and stampede's. But I could be wrong, as of right now I will not be there to find out.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by old_fart_racing
I really think the no scoring and not having any classes is really going to deter some people from coming there!
I disagree, this hobby is suppose to be fun right. Then I see no reason either way to stop from coming out.
I agree,
Probably better off just going to trackside for some indoor. I have a feeling that this is just going to end up being some guys with Tmaxx's and stampede's. But I could be wrong, as of right now I will not be there to find out.
Trackside is a great place to race. I enjoy racing there alot as does everyone else. Taking one day away from practice to help a new & upcoming track isn't gonna hurt. If only tmaxx's & stampede's show up then so be it. There will still be someone to race against. Raffle prizes will still be given away & alot of fun will be had.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 10-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

I do not have the time for that type of fun. I want to race, and a scoring system tells me how well I'm doing. Without a scoring system there should be no fee. Otherwise it's just like a bash session and a bash session is free.

I'm still on the fence, and now with the rain doesn't look to good for this weekend anyway.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Adept

Jackyl has a good point. I just wanna get out and race. The limited number of times I actualy got to race this year just sucks. I can go bash anytime. I wanna get out and race and show how dominant the Vengence setup really is.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

I do not have the time for that type of fun. I want to race, and a scoring system tells me how well I'm doing. Without a scoring system there should be no fee. Otherwise it's just like a bash session and a bash session is free.

I'm still on the fence, and now with the rain doesn't look to good for this weekend anyway.
The scoring system he has doesn't have software yet. So technically it isn't a full system yet. Some tracks still manually score races more so newer tracks. You will still be racing out there & not bashing. If your racing, bashing or whatever on a purpose built track there should be a fee. Alot of time, money & hard work went into building this rc track. If you go to any hobby shop with a track you still need to pay a practice fee. Either by hour or the day you still need to pay.

Originally Posted by redneckracer197
Jackyl has a good point. I just wanna get out and race. The limited number of times I actualy got to race this year just sucks. I can go bash anytime. I wanna get out and race and show how dominant the Vengence setup really is.
You still have the ability to show what the vengence can do on a track. You just got to show up to do so.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 10-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

So how much is John paying you?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

So how much is John paying you?
Absolutely nothing, why would I need to be paid to help out. John is doing something good for the community. He has been working his tail off to get an rc track going. The track he did have up & running got shut down because of a few people. I am trying to help john out with getting this track up & running. I am using this as my way of helping him out. Why would I honestly want money to do this. I would do all this for trackside as well as the triclone. I am just sick of seeing shops & tracks close up. I love rc racing & I want to help the hobby as well. I honestly hope I answered any questions or doubt's you've had.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 10-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

I hope john is not refering to the track in Lomira as his track. I am sorry but I am involved with that group and if you want the real story on that PM me and I will explain the whole thing. Actualy I will tell you right out in the open about that. John didn't want to help us out at all to build the track but wanted all the profits from it. Well a few of the guys got a little miffed and when they talked to john and gave him a partial bill he backed out of the track. If john would have tried to work with us and not backed out he would have a kick a$ track right now.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by redneckracer197
I hope john is not refering to the track in Lomira as his track. I am sorry but I am involved with that group and if you want the real story on that PM me and I will explain the whole thing. Actualy I will tell you right out in the open about that. John didn't want to help us out at all to build the track but wanted all the profits from it. Well a few of the guys got a little miffed and when they talked to john and gave him a partial bill he backed out of the track. If john would have tried to work with us and not backed out he would have a kick a$ track right now.
Not at all what I was refering to actually. I was talking about the track & paintball field that was started. The track was up, built & ready to go. Some "neighbors" had some complaints about it. The track was located behind goeman's rapid mart in hartford.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 10-22-2006, 12:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Still waiting for some parts for my truck so I wasnt able to make it there but was just wondering how the turnout went,and if anyone was there let me know how the track is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.