Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi >

Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi

Extreme Off Road R/C in Beaver Dam, Wi

Old 05-22-2006, 05:11 PM
CAR
Tech Addict

Chuck,I will be down on Saturday need to do a shake down on my new toy.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Gates open at 9 AM, correct?
Old 05-26-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Yes gates open at 9. It was really wet today but hopefully it dried out for tommorrow. We will have to make that call at 9am. If you want to wait till I get to the track and call me around 9:30 or so you could so you dont drive all the way to find its too wet yet. I really dont know if it will be totally dry or not. The sun was out from 9am on. My cell number is 920 948 4484. Chuck
Old 05-27-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Racing was called off today around 9:30 due to excess wetness on the track!
Old 06-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Great day for racing. Saw some familiar faces today. Nice you could make it Larry and Jeremy. With a couple regulars missing, we still ended up having a heat of 1/10th nitro and monster trucks. More newbees there. A couple caught on real quick and looked good. Scoring system worked great again. Did some changes to the big doubles. Now everyone can make it over the valley of death with the right line up and some steam. Chuck
Old 06-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

SORRY CHUCK WE AVENT BEEN OUT THERE. WE BEEN WORKING GETTING ARE TRACKS REATY FOR ARE OPEN DAY. I KONW GUYS RUN OFF-ROAD ON SAT. BUT ANY ONE THAT IN TO A LITTLE OVAL ARE OVAL ON SUN.. THE NEXT TWO WEEKENDS WE ARE HAVEING PRACTICE FROM 9:00 TO 5:00 COST WILL BE $5.OO ALL DAY. OPENING DAY FOR THE OVAL WILL BE JUNE 25. WE HAVE A MAP TO GET YOU THERE AT WWW.RCTHUNDERSPEEDWAY.COM.

HAY CHCUK ARE YOU GUY RUNING ON JULY 22 THE LAND OWNER HAS SOMETHING PLANED THAT WEEKEND AND WE CAN'T RACE THAT WEEKEND. IF YOU ARE I CAN SEE TO EVEYBODY THAT RACING IT ARE TRACK AT THAT TIME TO CAME DOWN AND RACE AT YOUR TRACK. CALL IT A TRACK VS. TRACK DAY FOR FUN AND TO BRING R/C MORE TOGETER. LET ME KONW WHAT YOU THINK.

THANK YOU

THUNDER SPEEDWAY
Old 06-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Well Chuck I finally got me a membership on this forum deal, it's pretty cool. Like i said on the phone, there's nothing going to hold me back from racing, even though i basicly destroyed my truck sat. i'll be back up and ready for more action this next sat., see you at the track!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Well the track is looking alot better everyday, the valley of death is wider and very nice to jump over. Yesterday went pretty good, i'm hoping it will get better through the summer as i do more for promoting the track, Chuck and I are doing our best to make it one of the top raceways in the area. It will take time for people to know about the track and race on it, but it's very nice to see the people there that come and actually race or just practice, we thank you. My friend Chris was scared to race at first, but me and Chuck helped him out with setting up his Jato for the track and now he loves it and can't get enough, keep up the good work Chris, i'm pullin for you.

Chuck, let me know when you have some free for our decal lettering.
Old 06-11-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Hey chuck,

I think that I actually will be able to make it out there sat with the thunder racing crew. I'll have the novak 4.5r brushless setup in my FT T4, and my vengeance dialed in much more.

I have a few questions.

1) How tight do you stick to roar rules?
2) If someone shows up with a Lipo's will you let them race?
3) If someone has a buggy body on their hybrid ( ) is that ok to race?
4) Where is my tool catalog?

I hope that many people show up sat and it does not get any hotter than 75-80 with just a bit of sun.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Jackle:

Right now we have a small group. There havent been any electrics till yesterday. So, like I said before, if there are 3 racers the class runs by itself. Otherwise the 1/10 gas and electrics would run together. But if your running a brushless and lipos you should be fine running against the nitros. As the group gets bigger I will keep tighter to the ROAR rules and seperating the classes.
The same goes for Monsters and truggies. Buggy bodies work as long as the group is this small. With this small of group we are just racing for a fun day.
As far as the tool catalog goes, come racing and I will have one for you. I will put an order in for 75-80 and partly sunny as I like that best too.

The double jump was widened and raised so it will be easier to launch over the "valley of death". The doubles and quad jumps got alittle more dirt also.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Tech Adept

Just create a unlimited monster truck class when it gets to big and I'll race in that since anything goes because it has to limits unlike the roar monster truck classes. Biggest engine .28? what about the .32 guys? Monster trucks need monster engines not just slightly boared out buggy .21 engines.

My T4 is not lipo powered yet. But I will be buying the team orion setup. I do not know if this is roar legal. I know that trackside in brookfield throws a big stink about brushless racing. The way that I look at this is the track wants money to practice/race. It is in the best interest of the track not to limit what the race wants to race. Otherwise the race walks, and the track looses money. Not good business, or good manners. The customer is always right, and I want pickles on that too
Old 06-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I run Brushless at trackside almost every thursday in the fall-winter-spring there is no stink. If it is alittle slow (not as many racers)we have run 12-13 mins mains. That is Fun!
Old 06-11-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

I dont have any problem with rules. They are designed to make racing fair for all. Otherwise its like Nascar allowing someone to put an indy car in and compete for the same class. Trackside has a large group of racers and needs to stick with class rules to keep all their customers happy. Our track is new and the turnout is small, so untill we get enough to direct certain vehichles into a different class, the class groups get mixed just to have enough to race. It takes 3 to corner marshall a track our size, so when 3 of any class shows I will seperate them to keep it fair for all. In the case of the brushless with lipo batteries, the mod electric class would be the place if there are enough mods to run. Brushless is new to the hobby. The power is more comparable to mod. It would be nice if there were a class for the brushless racers. They could run longer races with more power. The same goes for lipo battereis. The run time is considerably longer. So they can hold their average voltage much longer which makes the same motor and car combo faster, longer into the race. ROAR hasnt approved the lipo batteries for racing yet. But Im sure it will be an issue soon. Time will tell.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Sounds good chuck!

and schmidt, last time I was at trackside they were kinda weird about the brushless racing. Like they didn't want to allow it because there wasn't enough people and I would have had to raced with the brushed classes. Now that I think more about it that may have been the problem, the disadvantage that the other drivers would have had if they would have allowed me to race in that class. I'll give it another try once I have everything going. I know that they do not currently allow lipo's though that is for sure.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:58 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by rcracenut
Brushless is new to the hobby. The power is more comparable to mod.
Brushless has been around for a couple of years now. They've got alot of the bugs worked out with the new speed controls. 4300 brushless is just about the same speed at 19T, but can run 5 mins instead of 4 min.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.