Search

Eau Claire Racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)
Default Eau Claire Racing

Hello,

I have family that lives in Eau Claire now and I noticed that there is an offroad track there.

How is the racing scene and around when does it going as well as the turnout for nitro 1/8 scale buggy and electric vehicles?

thanks!
Old 03-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hello, yes we do have a off road track in Eau Claire. We race mostly 1/10th scale buggys and trucks, not enough intrest in nitro off road plus the track is kind of small I was told but i've never had problems running 1/8th scale on It. We also have a dirt oval that we run electric and nitro on. The track is at Scotts Powered Hobbies and run tuesday nights starting sometime in may.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Thank you for the information. Does racing take place on the weekends at all at the track? Also, do you know the classes that are usually run as well as fees? If a novice class is available for my nephews that would be great too.

I will most likely be doing 1/10 scale 4wd buggy then, and don't mind if its ok to run it with the 2wd vehicles just to race around and have fun.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

It has been hard to get enough people to race on weekends but I think Scott was planning on trying to have a couple of saterday races?? The race fees are $10 per class, the novice class is usually the truck class. We also run 2wd stock buggy but you should be able to run 4wd in that class.If you want more info call Scotts Powered Hobbies at 715-838-8350