Like Tree170Likes

Hobbytown St Charles Raceway

Old 10-24-2020, 09:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matt d
usgt has been the 21.5 class to run so far. that class uses the motiv 21.5 locked timing motor. that is the spec motor for that class. with that being said i do believe we are thinking of starting at 21.5 touring car class that would be open 21.5 motor. details to come soon

fdr for 21.5 i would start at a 4.0 and go from there

ride height is 5mm or higher. im currently at 5.4 rear and 5.2 front

if you are around the track tomorrow 10-24 i will be there doing some testing come see me and we can talk
I appreciate the info! I'm looking to do the open 21.5t class. I would love to be there today but I'm currently over seas. Just looking to gather the parts I will need for when I return. With a 4.0 FDR maybe a 72/36 to start?
Old 10-24-2020, 10:34 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

usgt has been the 21.5 class to run so far. that class uses the motiv 21.5 locked timing motor. that is the spec motor for that class. with that being said i do believe we are thinking of starting at 21.5 touring car class that would be open 21.5 motor. details to come soon

fdr for 21.5 i would start at a 4.0 and go from there

ride height is 5mm or higher. im currently at 5.4 rear and 5.2 front

if you are around the track tomorrow 10-24 i will be there doing some testing come see me and we can talk
Is St. Charles now requiring the USGT motor? I know back in spring they werenít. I know at some point it will be.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Is St. Charles now requiring the USGT motor? I know back in spring they werenít. I know at some point it will be.

for indoor season it will be the usgt motor. we did not require that motor for the outdoor season because it didn't become mandatory until june.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:08 PM
Tech Prophet

for indoor season it will be the usgt motor. we did not require that motor for the outdoor season because it didn't become mandatory until june.
Ok. Iíll check with Jeremy to confirm that. That probably takes me out of running USGT. Just too many other cars are a priority
Old 10-26-2020, 08:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Classes

Hi all! Looking at getting into racing again, what classes are run here? I tried looking and reading this thread but couldnít find anything! Thanks!
Old 10-26-2020, 08:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by sliding_on13
Hi all! Looking at getting into racing again, what classes are run here? I tried looking and reading this thread but couldnít find anything! Thanks!
youíll get more up to date info on their Facebook page. We try to keep it updated here.
for winter on road and off road will alternate will run alternate weekends. Those are the planned classes. Itís too early to know what will show regularly. USGT/VTA are typically popular for on road. 17.5 buggy and 2wheel SCT for off road.

Old 10-27-2020, 08:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

youíll get more up to date info on their Facebook page. We try to keep it updated here.
for winter on road and off road will alternate will run alternate weekends. Those are the planned classes. Itís too early to know what will show regularly. USGT/VTA are typically popular for on road. 17.5 buggy and 2wheel SCT for off road.

thank you! Donít have Facebook but might have to make one up! Any rules on 4wd buggy? Approved tires...etc
Old 10-27-2020, 08:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

thank you! Donít have Facebook but might have to make one up! Any rules on 4wd buggy? Approved tires...etc
Old 10-27-2020, 08:54 AM
Tech Prophet

we try to update here as much as can. Good or bad, Facebook had become the choice to post information. I tried to not use it. But just keep mine for RC related stuff only. Nothing specific for wheeler. I didnít see it run often. I only raced once with mine back in spring. And that was a open class that day. Class kinda fell off map after the New Yearís Day race. Think most see the track as too small for them. Think mine came with Schumacher tires. But canít remember which ones. Iíve spent last 5 months on clay. I do plan to get back to carpet in November. Curious how much my driving had changed.

If you call the store they can give clear information.
Old 11-02-2020, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thoughts on a class for the Losi Mini-B and other 1/16 scale buggies?
Old 11-02-2020, 09:27 AM
Tech Prophet

Thoughts on a class for the Losi Mini-B and other 1/16 scale buggies?
They have a class for the MiniT. Iíd expect one for the buggy in the future.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have a question on purchasing tires. I know if I get them at the shop it obviously supports you guys. Would any purchase online at hobby town's website help? Unsure if I can order from your store specifically that way. Also, what if I wanted a part (Xray xb2 body) that is online, but not listed as in your store specifically?

Just looking for ways to support you as much as possible. Thanks!
Old 11-26-2020, 08:39 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Eman77
I have a question on purchasing tires. I know if I get them at the shop it obviously supports you guys. Would any purchase online at hobby town's website help? Unsure if I can order from your store specifically that way. Also, what if I wanted a part (Xray xb2 body) that is online, but not listed as in your store specifically?

Iíd suggest calling the store. They do stock some Xray stuff. I know they can order anything you need. The store is more active on Facebook. This thread is mostly from us that run there.
Old 11-30-2020, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Eman77

You can call the store directly and ask them to order you anything from Amain or Horizons site (youíll pay when you pick it up). If itís in stock youíll get it within a week.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:38 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

On Facebook
Are you making plans for your weekend on road racing yet?? Well come on out and get your fix before Christmas. We are racing on road this Saturday 12-12-20. Doors at 9am. On the tone at 11am.

Who else was out in the shop getting cars ready for on-road racing this Saturday?
Let's see if we can get a class of Tamiya mini's going this weekend, I know of 2 already.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.