Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Great Lakes RC- On-Road Racing Club >

Great Lakes RC- On-Road Racing Club

Like Tree108Likes

Great Lakes RC- On-Road Racing Club

Old 07-21-2019, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by honda1
Hi did you race today?
We got the track dried, boards set up and the pop sprayed down. That's when it started raining ☔. It stopped enough for us to start drying the track again....and it started to rain ☔.....again. We called it at noon. Not a single lap was run.
Old 07-24-2019, 03:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

New dates up!

July 28
August 4
August 11
August 18

Setup starts at 8 am, the more that show up to help, the sooner we get running. We're usually done and packed up by 3-4 pm.

Address is 9116 Belden Ave, Franklin Park. We race in the alley between the buildings, pits set up inside the building. Bring a table, chair, and extension cord. Entries are $20 for first class, and $10 for second class, cash only please. We've been running VTA, Euro Truck, USGT & 21.5TC.

outlandr91, mark.davis and mooby64 like this.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Looking like a good turn out for Sunday
Old 07-24-2019, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by atmeearacing
Looking like a good turn out for Sunday
looks pretty promising.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 07-27-2019, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

bump
Old 07-28-2019, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Alright guys, let's make this a great day of racing, see you all there!
Old 07-29-2019, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It was good day.

I brought one of my friends out to try the sport. He only ran 4 packs through the car I brought for him, but ... well. it's a thing we tend to forget. Getting those first few hours of driving in, is the hardest. Your brain is doing all the processing after driving, and building the muscle memory. He... was mentally exhausted. But already asked about coming back.

Rutt, his buddy, Josh, and I had our Mini's out. There was some impromtu fender bashing between M07's and a M06. I did some testing with my F104, and WGT-R car. Allen, Peter, Tony, Mike, and I were out there with the euro trucks. And then VTA had a reasonable field, and we had two heats of 21.5.

... And we were done by 4pm.

It was warmer than I'd have liked. :-) But I like it cold. Speaking of heat, I found that getting Euro Truck tires ready, was a matter of doing 2 laps slowly. With 120deg track temps, tires come up to heat pretty quick.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Alrighty folks, let's try to keep the momentum going, we had more than DOUBLE the attendance and entries last Sunday than when we started! Please reply if you're planning on attending. Every entry brings us closer to carpet season which we all know and love!

Same bat time, same bat channel!
Old 08-09-2019, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

29 entries, Mini's and Euro trucks battling it out. two heats of 21.5 and VTA.

And some awful attempts at WGT-R. :-) It was a good day.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Hi everybody. We're going to take the weekend off and recharge our own batteries. See you next week!
Old 08-16-2019, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

For the non-Facebook peeps, here's the Mike Larson exclusive:

Hi everybody. We're going to be dark this weekend. Look forward to next weekend.

I'm also trying to find a place for a carpet season meeting and take care of some business for next Friday.
mooby64 likes this.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Update for the non-bookers, a statement from Mike:

Big Announcement, sort of

OK, we're going to meet on Friday night at 7 PM for maybe an hour in the parking lot outside windy city. I couldn't find anywhere that really suited things so.... Don't park close to the building. Park over towards the road. Its either that or my house and I'm not putting my address on here.

Review where we are at

Elect a few more people to club positions (3 board members). That will fill us up for this season and we'll see from there.

If you are going to be about regular racing and serious about making this work I want you there. We need people that will be regular racers and that also means for a club helping tear down and set up every week.

Tell me on here if you are coming. I will also be calling folks. If someone can also reach out to the guys that don't have facebook that you know about.

michael
Old 08-22-2019, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina
Update for the non-bookers, a statement from Mike:

Big Announcement, sort of

OK, we're going to meet on Friday night at 7 PM for maybe an hour in the parking lot outside windy city. I couldn't find anywhere that really suited things so.... Don't park close to the building. Park over towards the road. Its either that or my house and I'm not putting my address on here.

Review where we are at

Elect a few more people to club positions (3 board members). That will fill us up for this season and we'll see from there.

If you are going to be about regular racing and serious about making this work I want you there. We need people that will be regular racers and that also means for a club helping tear down and set up every week.

Tell me on here if you are coming. I will also be calling folks. If someone can also reach out to the guys that don't have facebook that you know about.

michael
I will try to be at the parking lot provided that I get off the Bus early enough also will there be Racing at Peters this Sunday?
Nerobro likes this.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

The plan is to race, provided there's enough response on the Facebook page. I'll post on here once the final determination has been made.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Thanks for the update guys.

I've got plans for Friday that mean I can't make it. I trust you all and Mike to do the right thing.

And, although I have not been racing this summer I'm definitely interested in a permanent place and will support it as much as possible. I think Mike knows this but if anyone here goes to the meeting tomorrow please remind him that there are more people hanging out that do want a place to race.

Thanks,
anthonyscardina likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.