Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Impact rc raceway 7085 Highland dr Morris IL 815-768-0190 >

Impact rc raceway 7085 Highland dr Morris IL 815-768-0190

Like Tree20Likes

Impact rc raceway 7085 Highland dr Morris IL 815-768-0190

Old 04-13-2021, 03:58 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Payton 34
Guess free speech is dead over at the Impact Facebook page. They took down all the post discussing Impact Racing closing their doors. Hopefully Impact can make a comeback this summer. I really liked racing there. Always had a great time.
Actually hadnít looked over there. Thereís still one somewhat going in the Racers making an Impact Facebook group.

Was it getting ugly?
Old 04-13-2021, 04:44 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Guess free speech is dead over at the Impact Facebook page. They took down all the post discussing Impact Racing closing their doors. Hopefully Impact can make a comeback this summer. I really liked racing there. Always had a great time.
I just left a comment about the closing.

Last edited by MD; 04-13-2021 at 04:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-13-2021, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not at all. People were just making suggestions on how to keep Impact going. I never understood why people use Facebook as a forum to discuss RC. I think RC Tech is much more intuitive to follow and you don't get whole conversations wiped out. Maybe some things were said that I did not see. The last time I looked there were 64 posts. Now there is nothing.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Not at all. People were just making suggestions on how to keep Impact going. I never understood why people use Facebook as a forum to discuss RC. I think RC Tech is much more intuitive to follow and you don't get whole conversations wiped out. Maybe some things were said that I did not see. The last time I looked there were 64 posts. Now there is nothing.
Ok. Iím still seeing post going on both Facebook pages.

Impact has actually never posted in this thread. It was started by a member. And has been pretty much just me for the past 10 months.

I think Facebook works for live conversations. But not long term posts. Ideas are great. Itís actually following up on suggestions thatís difficult. Thereís plenty of things I could see needing improvement.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

On the "Racers Making an Impact" Facebook page I am not seeing any post about the closing. As I said there were 64 post up until around 4:00pm today. Maybe I just can't see them now for some reason. Not sure why, I am signed in, nothing has changed.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

On the "Racers Making an Impact" Facebook page I am not seeing any post about the closing. As I said there were 64 post up until around 4:00pm today. Maybe I just can't see them now for some reason. Not sure why, I am signed in, nothing has changed.
All still showing up for me, in fact an admin actually pin ed your post so it stays at the top. Is it possible you got blocked by the OP or an admin in the group?
Old 04-13-2021, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

This is why I hate Facebook. I don't think I would have been blocked. I do not recall that I have ever even posted anything on their Facebook page. However I logged out of Facebook and then went to the impact page and now I can see all the post again. But when I logged back in then I couldn't. Maybe it is something in my settings in Facebook when I am signed in
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

According to LiveRC, their Saturday club racing numbers they have fairly consistently gotten about 35-40 drivers and 50 entries since Nov 2020. Which is way more than any other track in Chicagoland is pulling in. Don't know if they were making enough to cover rent or if lease was about to go way up.

It's a really hard business, and you really can't call it a business because no one could ever make a living running an RC track here in Chicago with high rents and only $4-5000 in gross revenue every month. Further out and away that you go for cheaper rent, the harder it is to pull people in consistently.

Need someone to win megamillions and open a track as a hobby.
MD, Billy Kelly and Payton 34 like this.
Old 04-13-2021, 07:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by GerryH
According to LiveRC, their Saturday club racing numbers they have fairly consistently gotten about 35-40 drivers and 50 entries since Nov 2020. Which is way more than any other track in Chicagoland is pulling in. Don't know if they were making enough to cover rent or if lease was about to go way up.

It's a really hard business, and you really can't call it a business because no one could ever make a living running an RC track here in Chicago with high rents and only $4-5000 in gross revenue every month. Further out and away that you go for cheaper rent, the harder it is to pull people in consistently.

Need someone to win megamillions and open a track as a hobby.
those numbers sound right. Turnout started getting better in November. The Wednesday night drop off since Chi-Town really surprised me. I figured a week or two things would be slower. A number were definitely burned out after that. But Wednesday night never recovered.

I believe the lease was up.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Where are people racing now? Any word if impact is planning opening somewhere else?
Old 05-31-2021, 02:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by redrider
Where are people racing now? Any word if impact is planning opening somewhere else?
Kinda scattered all over. A lot are running 1/8 for summer. Some have been going to Wisconsin or Indiana. I’m now running at WS Raceway in Paxton, Illinois

Old 05-31-2021, 02:14 PM
MD
Tech Champion

St Charles Hobbytown parking lot and indoor carpet.
Billy Kelly and DadRacer like this.
Old 06-02-2021, 07:00 AM
MD
Tech Champion

The June schedule is posted on Facebook and it looks like there is off road racing on the rug tonight.