Like Tree2Likes

New RC Facility in Shiocton, WI!

Old 04-07-2019, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default New RC Facility in Shiocton, WI!

After years of dreaming and planning an RC park and racetrack, it's time to get the project started. I have purchased 14 acres of heaven in Shiocton, Wisconsin to build a top-notch RC park and community. I'm hoping planning to build a bash park, dirt oval, off-road track and scale driving areas, and maybe even more. But I can't do it alone. The ground is flat and unformed, and I don't have a ton of tools to get things built yet. I will need all the help I can get if we're going to turn this place into the RC mecca it is meant to be. Please the track page on Facebook and join the community! Be sure to comment there where you're from and what you'd like to see/help build at the new RC park in Shiocton!

https://www.facebook.com/ShioctonRC/
Lethal Enforcer likes this.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Did anything ever advance on this?
Old 03-31-2020, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

By looking at the facebook page, doesn't look like much.
Old 03-31-2020, 03:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Never saw this thread before. Looking at the pictures on Facebook I’m wondering if the flooding problem was bigger then looked. Almost 4 hours away from Chicagoland, outside my distance
Old 04-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

I'm less then an hour away and haven't heard anything come from there.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 06-15-2022, 07:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Did you choose another way that solve your problem?
Old 10-19-2022, 09:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys! OP is my friend so just wanted to update all still following this post (if you are). Feel free to check out this facebook link here for updates.
An indoor carpet track is under construction currently in Seymour, WI! Stay tuned!
https://www.facebook.com/RCSportsUSA

Teaser video: https://fb.watch/hZqKmJejpl/

Last edited by 40mphallday; 01-10-2023 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-20-2023, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

RCSports will be having an open house on March 15th from 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM. 639 Woodland Plaza, Seymour WI 54165
Free admission, bring an RC car or two (1/10 or smaller, electric only, 2s max). come check out the place and have some fun! Current plan is to have a very basic course setup that can accommodate on-road, off-road and oval cars to try out the carpet surface. Will also have the sumo board setup for some demolition derby as well!
All this and more information can be found here on the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RCSportsUSA
Old 03-14-2023, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Reminder that RC Sports will be opening its doors tomorrow! (3-15-2023) from 6:30 - 9:30 PM. Address is 639 Woodland Plaza, Seymour WI 54165
Learn more information in post above, on www.rcsportsusa.com , and also on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/RCSportsUSA
Old 03-21-2023, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like a nice location but a big fan of all the box stock budget racing.
Old 03-23-2023, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

Wish I lived up in the Green Bay area, consider yourselves very lucky & support the track . Regrettably
the Chicago area is a black hole for RC car racing . Only a micro track in St Charles or a 60-mile drive
down to Morris.

Envious..........

Old 03-23-2023, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Yes so the idea with this track is to cater towards more beginner-friendly classes! Myself and OP have been in RC a long time and the current landscape of RC racing doesn't seem very beginner friendly with most tracks just running a "sportsman" or "novice" class that just seems like an afterthought to the other people racing there. The current landscape of stock 17.5 2wd or 13.5 4wd can be a money-pit where the winners and fastest cars are the guys who spend the most on their spec motor, ceramic bearings and lightweight modifications etc. We understand that some RC racers enjoy this about constantly modifying their car and changing its performance etc. but this isn't very conducive to a beginner and can honestly turn new people in the hobby away from it altogether.
The objective is to run & race cheaper cars (Level 1 Volcano 1/16, Level 2 WLtoys buggies, Level 3 stock slashes, Level 4 1/10 mod truck-ish, Level 5 Buggy 21.5 FTM) and something similar for on-road. We want a complete novice of any skill level (maybe never even held an RC controller before) to be able to come in pick up a cheap RC car and race against others with the same exact car as them. The classes then allow for you to move up into the next level with minimal investment if desired. We know this is different than what is currently out there in the RC space and maybe it won't appeal to everyone.
It also doesn't start/end with racing! Check out this video of the RC sumo battles done at the two open house events: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bSNGx_QUEE&t=256s
RC Sports also plans on hosting a 1/28 course, mini-crawler course, and some fun racing simulators as well!
I know not everyone in this thread may be in the GB area but please let us know what you think and ideas/changes you'd like to see in the future! I would love to discuss further
Old 03-23-2023, 08:56 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by metalcrafter
Wish I lived up in the Green Bay area, consider yourselves very lucky & support the track . Regrettably
the Chicago area is a black hole for RC car racing . Only a micro track in St Charles or a 60-mile drive
down to Morris.

Envious..........
donít mean to get off topic. But itís was also 50+ miles for us to come north.

We do have 5 with a 2 hour range

think itís about 5+ to this place for me
Old 03-23-2023, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
don’t mean to get off topic. But it’s was also 50+ miles for us to come north.

We do have 5 with a 2 hour range

think it’s about 5+ to this place for me
Pretty sure the population density is a tad higher closer to Chicago than Joliet/Morris.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:47 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by metalcrafter
Pretty sure the population density is a tad higher closer to Chicago than Joliet/Morris.
Thatís definitely true. But after going out of state a lot over the last 18 months. Iíve found that the majority of tracks are located outside high populated areas.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.