Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
SIDEWINDERZ 1/28th On-Road Racing Chicagoland IL >

SIDEWINDERZ 1/28th On-Road Racing Chicagoland IL

Like Tree46Likes

SIDEWINDERZ 1/28th On-Road Racing Chicagoland IL

Old 07-27-2018, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default SIDEWINDERZ 1/28th On-Road Racing Chicagoland IL

With 1/28th On-Road Racing continuing to rapidly evolve with new technology and engineering, we wanted to kick off a new thread to usher in a new era as we head into the upcoming season.
Look for some cool announcements coming soon about the program! In the mean time we wanted to show our 1/28th brethren some love and are going to host a few warm up events before we head into Fall to help shake the dust off of those rides.

This Sunday July 29th, kicks it off, so come check it out if you want to know more or get involved.
We'll be racing out in Romeoville at the Laser Products Location. Big Track, Big Fun!
Only $10!
For more info on this or our 1/10th outdoor program, check out the schedule on our website or contact us via email from our contact form, Facebook, or right here on RC TECH!

http://www.sidewinderz.com/event/1-28th-on-road-racing-romeoville/

Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Great time racing today, as we had the opportunity to get our hands on a Jomurema 1/28th JR128-01 2WD On-Road Brushless Kit and make a test run!
Game changer in the scale.
Full Electronics, with use of your existing radio systems.
This one had a 6500kv Brushless motor, 2S Lipo, with Hobbywing Speedcontroller. Basically mini 1/12th Scale car. Fully Tuneable. Adjust Ride Height, Droop, Caster, Camber Toe-in, You name it!
Going to be a hot class in the forthcoming 2018/2019 indoor season, as we've already got five racers purchasing car and two more very close!

Check out some quick footage of the car here!

Next warm-up event before we head into the 2018/2019 Indoor Season is Sunday, August 26th some come stop by if you want to check one of these awesome cars out!

Last edited by SIDEWINDERZ; 08-20-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

GREAT NEWS!!
The decision has been made to race this Sunday, August 12th!!

With the excitement around the new Jomurema 1/28th car bringing new racers out to participate this Fall, we wanted to give everyone the opportunity to check them out, get the cars off the shelf, or just shake the rust off as we get ready to the Full Fall Schedule starting next month!
Click here for full details on the Race Event!
Old 08-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SIDEWINDERZ View Post
Great time racing today, as we had the opportunity to get our hands on a Jomuera 1/28th J128-01 2WD On-Road Brushless Kit and make a test run!
Game changer in the scale.
Full Electronics, with use of your existing radio systems.
This one had a 6500kv Brushless motor, 2S Lipo, with Hobbywing Speedcontroller. Basically mini 1/12th Scale car. Fully Tuneable. Adjust Ride Height, Droop, Caster, Camber Toe-in, You name it!
Going to be a hot class in the forthcoming 2018/2019 indoor season, as we've already got five racers purchasing car and two more very close!

Check out some quick footage of the car here!

Jomurema J128-R01 On-Road Car Intro

Next warm-up event before we head into the 2018/2019 Indoor Season is Sunday, August 26th some come stop by if you want to check one of these awesome cars out!

Jomurema puts out a nice car. The RTR is pretty basic but runs great and the Pro Kit is even better. 1/28 looks to have a good future.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

Nice to hear you've been having good success with the car. We've been aware of it's existence for awhile, but didn't want to make any kind of push or investment until we knew PN Racing was going to support it with some awesome upgrades and aftermarket options only because that makes getting parts a heck of a lot easier for racers.
Nothing but good things ahead for the scale and this car.

Of course if you really want to put it to the true test of what it was designed for you should come out and race with us on Sunday's. We're going to have a 70 Turn Stock class, so even your pizza buddies can come out with their Z's and have fun without the concern for the competitive aspect.

Originally Posted by Tonkatrucker View Post

Jomurema puts out a nice car. The RTR is pretty basic but runs great and the Pro Kit is even better. 1/28 looks to have a good future.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Latest lid on the Jomuerma 1/28 Car...
Old 08-19-2018, 08:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nice to hear you've been having good success with the car. We've been aware of it's existence for awhile, but didn't want to make any kind of push or investment until we knew PN Racing was going to support it with some awesome upgrades and aftermarket options only because that makes getting parts a heck of a lot easier for racers.
Nothing but good things ahead for the scale and this car.

Of course if you really want to put it to the true test of what it was designed for you should come out and race with us on Sunday's. We're going to have a 70 Turn Stock class, so even your pizza buddies can come out with their Z's and have fun without the concern for the competitive aspect.
Are you planning to change the chassis to carbon fiber? Nice weight savings but I am concerned about traction rolling.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

Working on it! LOL

Are you planning to change the chassis to carbon fiber? Nice weight savings but I am concerned about traction rolling.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What the advantage with the pro kit? Got me looking now.

And who choice to buy from?

edit.

Clearly see the aluminum chassis with the pro kit now. About $100 difference in price. What to do..........
SIDEWINDERZ likes this.

Last edited by Billy Kelly; 08-20-2018 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

Oh Buoy! You know the disclaimer on this stuff! It's on you buddy! LOL

The main advantage to the Pro Kit is that you get the Performance Diff that was designed in collaboration with PN Racing, the Tri-Shock system, Aluminum Motor Pod, and Brass Chassis.
The base RTR is all plastic chassis and motor pod.

The nice thing about this car is the base model gives you an inexpensive starting point with a nice upgrade path. That said, I think everyone thus far just went with one of the Pro Versions.

There's three different paths you can go with that:
  • Pro Brushless Kit (like the video)
  • Pro Brushed Kit
  • Pro Brushed RTR
All three include a motor, speedo and servo, and lipo battery.
  • All three Brushed versions come with a 1S Lipo
  • The Brushless Pro comes with a 2S Lipo
Both RTR's also come with a Flysky Radio System.
Kenon/PN Racing sells them but is out of stock on all Pro Versions. There's several options to get them all online out of the States though if you're anxious.

Depending on what you think you may do with it, each has its pros and cons, especially with all the new stuff coming out in the next several months.
As you can see, PN Racing already offers a chassis conversion, that you can put on or change parts of (all, chassis, top plate etc.)
They also just released a servo as you can also see. lol

They are also working on some aluminum parts including arms and a new rear pod. Jomurema is also working on a new pod. The main reason for both is really more to fit all the new sensored motors coming out now as well (PN is also working on that too).

So a lot of cool options in the works so it really to depends on what you want now and what you might want later....

Last edited by SIDEWINDERZ; 08-20-2018 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Fully aware of my addiction, I mean interest. I’d avoided looking, thought all would be brushless, but brushed might be ok on mine. I’d have to go RTR. I’d absolutely loose my mind with the tiny pieces.

Kenon hobby, seem to be the first to show.

SIDEWINDERZ likes this.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Fully aware of my addiction, I mean interest. I’d avoided looking, thought all would be brushless, but brushed might be ok on mine. I’d have to go RTR. I’d absolutely loose my mind with the tiny pieces.

Kenon hobby, seem to be the first to show.

I think the a RTR is a good choice if you're not used to working on this scale much. Kenon has the base, but send a PM on FB if you want info on where to get a PRO RTR.
They will both get you out of the gate with a 1S Lipo and 70T Brushed motor. Once you start down the road of swapping or using other radio gear, servos etc. needed for the kits there's some caveats we need to get you up to speed on.
Billy Kelly likes this.

Last edited by SIDEWINDERZ; 08-24-2018 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

edit.

Clearly see the aluminum chassis with the pro kit now. About $100 difference in price. What to do..........

I bought my RTR from Kenon and my Pro Brushed Kit on eBay from a guy in Germany. Bought and shipped cheaper than Kenon. Both are nice but the RTR is lighter and less adjustable without the tri-dampener.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Working on it! LOL

Do you like that diff as much as the PN? They are similar and planning on upgrading my RTR. Also, do you know if Kenon will be selling the tri-dampener shocks??
Old 08-22-2018, 04:16 AM
Tech Champion

I bought my RTR from Kenon and my Pro Brushed Kit on eBay from a guy in Germany. Bought and shipped cheaper than Kenon. Both are nice but the RTR is lighter and less adjustable without the tri-dampener.
I ordered the RTR from Kenon also. Got the last one they had. I’ll consider the “pro” version in the future.
SIDEWINDERZ likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service