Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
SIDEWINDERZ 1/28th On-Road Racing Chicagoland IL >

SIDEWINDERZ 1/28th On-Road Racing Chicagoland IL

Like Tree159Likes

SIDEWINDERZ 1/28th On-Road Racing Chicagoland IL

Old 01-07-2019, 04:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

SIDEWINDERZ likes this.

Last edited by Billy Kelly; 01-08-2019 at 05:32 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks so much for the humbling words Rey! Nothing more appreciative than positive feedback reflecting the goals that we set out to achieve, which is providing a great racing experience, while (most importantly) having fun!
It can be tricky, because this is RACING after all. By its very nature is about pushing yourself, and the car to get quicker around the track than everyone else. Competition in anything can bring out the best (or sadly) worst in humanity, which is why we always make an effort to go out of our way (and our own pits) to ensure everyone is having fun. Racing can be about so much more than winning and thats the side we tried to stay focused on. We love the camaraderie, challenges and collaboration this great hobby/sport brings, and look forward to growing what we do with great people like to share in the experience. Yes, everyone likes to win, but the greater achievement, and gratification comes from your own personal journey to get better, and if we can all help each other to do that, it sure makes the racing experience that much more exciting and gratifying. At the end of the day regardless of the other cars on the grid, the true challenges are with yourself and the track. The rest just makes for good memories, and some interesting story telling! LOL

Originally Posted by rystang
Went to check out the racing at Lazer Products in Romeoville today....all I can say is Wow! What a great group of racers. Made me feel welcome as soon as I walked in. I learned about this group a couple of weeks ago and decided to take my years old 1st generation mini z off the shelve and get my feet wet. I knew the car was ill prepared....tires were dry rotted but figured I might be able to buy some tires from someone and run some laps. Special thanks to Bob who not only fixed me up with some tires,bearings and a transponder ....he also wrenched on the car. The car went from spinning out on the straightaway to a much different animal by the end of the session. Thank you Tony for the free motor that made the car a little quicker . Terry, Mark, Mike,Jim, Madox, and everyone else thank you so much for all your insight and hospitality. I will see you gents at the next race date and hope to be better prepared and maybe even have a new car.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Apologies for a bit of neglect on the forum. Most of our user group seems to be hanging out on Social Media. We did get some folks reaching out asking if we still race and the answer is unequivocally YES! As a matter of fact things are bigger than ever as we have been blessed with an increase in new racers over the last few months and have are racing in two solid classes (Stock & Mod) at every event. So if you have a car, come on out! There's a place for everyone here to have fun and enjoy this great scale of RC Racing.

So without further ado, heres the schedule for the 2019 Winter-Fall Season:

*Please note: Websitewill be updated with the schedule in the next coming days. Always check in for schedule changes. Sometimes we need to move things around bit due to availability of the space. Also, with us growing and everyone being interesting in racing more frequently, we could be adding dates like we did for this coming Sunday.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Mod class. 1/13/19

SIDEWINDERZ likes this.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Stock class final. 1/13/19

SIDEWINDERZ likes this.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:35 AM
Tech Prophet

From 1/20/19

stock(novice)

stock group B

personsl best round

mod class

SIDEWINDERZ likes this.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Hey! I'm super interested in getting into this small scale as it'll fit my time needs better, but don't know where to start with purchasing everything I need. Any way you can point me in the right direction or if you sell them personally at a shop? New to the Chicago area in Naperville.

Thanks!
SIDEWINDERZ likes this.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:17 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Hey! I'm super interested in getting into this small scale as it'll fit my time needs better, but don't know where to start with purchasing everything I need. Any way you can point me in the right direction or if you sell them personally at a shop? New to the Chicago area in Naperville.

Thanks!
Races are held in Romeoville. February 3 is next one. For the stock class a MR03 RTR works fine. That what I use. Unfortunately none of the hobby stores in area carry them anymore. Online will be only option. I personally bought mine on eBay. Kenon hobby is a good source.

Only need to replace tires to start. Stock tires do not work. If you are interested come next Sunday, Iíve got a spare car I let people try with.
SIDEWINDERZ likes this.
Old 01-27-2019, 05:41 PM
Tech Prophet

SIDEWINDERZ likes this.
Old 01-29-2019, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Welp, safe to say a new guy will be coming around to race with Yall. Thanks to the sidewinderz guys for supplying me with a full roller to begin with.
SIDEWINDERZ likes this.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR

Welp, safe to say a new guy will be coming around to race with Yall. Thanks to the sidewinderz guys for supplying me with a full roller to begin with.
HaHa! Looking very forward to having you. Thanks for the support. So glad we can help you out.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

We're excited to announce that in the next coming weeks Sidewinderz will be launching an Online Store!!!!
We will be starting out stocking and supporting three popular brands in the 1/28th Racing Scale with a goal to bring more soon!
GL Racing, Ensotech Limited and PPM RC Racing will soon be available for purchase locally online, or at race events for quick delivery so you can fix up, stock up, tune up, and step up your racing game!
We want to thank everyone in the race community that has helped get to this point and we look to provide the same level experience in the shop as we do at the track!!
Keep watching for more exciting announcements soon, and for quicker info, go to our website and sign up to our mailing list!!
SIDEWINDERZ.COM

Billy Kelly likes this.

Last edited by SIDEWINDERZ; 01-30-2019 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Just added. A Friday night practice.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

First GL Racing 2WD GLR build out of the Sidewinderz shop!
Started with all stock parts (except aluminum steering knuckles) for reference.
Featuring the scale game changing Ensotech Limited Swave-W speed controller and LoCo RC Micro 4 Channel Compatible Futaba S-FHSS Receiver.

Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

We should probably have a practice night Friday so I can give everyone their chassis.
SIDEWINDERZ likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.