Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Considering it. Finally think I’m almost up to speed in USGT
Old 07-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Considering it. Finally think Iím almost up to speed in USGT
You missed a full heat of USGT. I'm sure you could have slotted into this race nicely.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Special thanks to all the mod TC guys for coming out and having a great race! That was a really fun day of racing with nobody giving anything away in the main. Really one of the more fun mains I've had in a long time with so many guys going fast. Only a couple lead changes but clean, fast, and fun racing.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post
You missed a full heat of USGT. I'm sure you could have slotted into this race nicely.
I was following on liveRC. Track size is bigger then Iíve run before. I wasnít quite sure about that. Didnít want to be in the way for those in the points racing. Mike may get me out there yet this summer
Old 07-08-2018, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Would you mind giving a little more detailed race report. I heard my Serpent Brother Philip made his way out to prep the track. Bless that guy! Hope you racers had fun! It was awesome, weather-wise.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

I was following on liveRC. Track size is bigger then Iíve run before. I wasnít quite sure about that. Didnít want to be in the way for those in the points racing. Mike may get me out there yet this summer
Don't worry about that stuff, it's still just an RC track. The long straights just give you a bit of time to think about your line.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage View Post
Would you mind giving a little more detailed race report. I heard my Serpent Brother Philip made his way out to prep the track. Bless that guy! Hope you racers had fun! It was awesome, weather-wise.

In all honesty, I didn't watch much today. Between my own car and Ken's who I pit for, I'm pretty busy so my details are limited so this is mostly make believe and rumors...

The layout for today's fun in the sun was a dreary over-used layout that has been run most of this year despite the possibility of a plethora of different course options. Nicely the weather cooperated and the track proved to have a solid, consistent, medium grip level that made it easy and fun to drive. With less than year old sealant on the track surface and today's mid-80's and sunny weather, the track was in prime condition for some racing action.

Today in F1 we saw Rick Davitto dominate with his revolutionary electric powered car, he both set TQ and took the race win over Tom and Zach. The rumors in the pits suggest that team Davitto had a mysterious third pedal in the car that somehow controls roll on corner entry. Team Davitto commented to questions only saying "it's a foot rest for my foot".

The Trophy Cup VW camper van race had a solid turnout including guest driver J Dubb with Allen Eisbrener leading pack taking TQ and overall race win. Further back in the pack the race for third was exiting with J Dubb just missing out by .023 seconds to Mr. Consistency Josh Lee who drove with a mind numbing 98.01% consistency. Mike Blaney took the first losers spot on the podium besting J Dubb and Josh Lee.

The full house USGT race saw 12 starters in the A Main with surprise TQ holder Ron Sobiski leading the field off. With 11 contenders adrift the race was his to lose and on lap 18 Ron did just that letting eventual race winner Allen Eisbrener slip past and squeak out the win. Behind Ron came the orange bodied Mike Lyday who seemed relieved that he didn't have to fight with the MIA Brenton Miller who missed out on this weeks excitement for a dog show in Fort Collins, CO. The top five were rounded out with Rick Davitto in fourth showing he's a multi-talented driver, and Dan Ott proving that consistency is key.

The crowd pleasing Modified Touring class was, as usual, a NASCAR restrictor plate style race of attrition throughout the qualifying rounds which never saw all the entrants finish a complete round together. But, in a stroke a genius Jeremiah Ward managed to lay down an amazing 100% consistency number in Q2! Troy Carter (Hey, that's me!) managed to get a reasonably clean TQ in round three followed by hot lap Houghton, then Jeremiah taking third on the grid. After a clean start to the race, a miracle for mod cars, we saw Ken Houghton take the lead early on when Troy left the barn door open wide enough for anyone to drive through it. Ken followed that lead change with a blistering set of laps before eventually taking too much curb and letting Troy slip back into the lead with just two laps remaining where he, I, would finish. Jeremiah Ward kept the pressure on the leaders eventually taking a strong third place finish and hotlap for the round. Just off the podium but on the lead lap, Dana Dowell and Rich Sudantus fought hard to finish less than one second apart, respectfully. Mike Garcia, the former GOAT had mechanical problems that forced a DNS on his record while Mike Reggio who made the trip up from Indianapolis came to terms with the big track just outside the lead lap pack.

TeamCarnage and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Troy!! Nice write-up! And, you guys get to do it again this weekend. For all who are looking to improve their performances, Saturday, the track will host an Open Practice. It will be an all classes event. Electric, Nitro, Hybrid,(WHAT) lol .. As usual, Doors open at 9.
azeroth likes this.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Open practice this Saturday! I may be able to come out for that!
Old 07-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Nice write up, felt like I was there!
I can't wait to call Blaney "the first loser" when I see him

In all honesty, I didn't watch much today. Between my own car and Ken's who I pit for, I'm pretty busy so my details are limited so this is mostly make believe and rumors...

The layout for today's fun in the sun was a dreary over-used layout that has been run most of this year despite the possibility of a plethora of different course options. Nicely the weather cooperated and the track proved to have a solid, consistent, medium grip level that made it easy and fun to drive. With less than year old sealant on the track surface and today's mid-80's and sunny weather, the track was in prime condition for some racing action.

Today in F1 we saw Rick Davitto dominate with his revolutionary electric powered car, he both set TQ and took the race win over Tom and Zach. The rumors in the pits suggest that team Davitto had a mysterious third pedal in the car that somehow controls roll on corner entry. Team Davitto commented to questions only saying "it's a foot rest for my foot".

The Trophy Cup VW camper van race had a solid turnout including guest driver J Dubb with Allen Eisbrener leading pack taking TQ and overall race win. Further back in the pack the race for third was exiting with J Dubb just missing out by .023 seconds to Mr. Consistency Josh Lee who drove with a mind numbing 98.01% consistency. Mike Blaney took the first losers spot on the podium besting J Dubb and Josh Lee.

The full house USGT race saw 12 starters in the A Main with surprise TQ holder Ron Sobiski leading the field off. With 11 contenders adrift the race was his to lose and on lap 18 Ron did just that letting eventual race winner Allen Eisbrener slip past and squeak out the win. Behind Ron came the orange bodied Mike Lyday who seemed relieved that he didn't have to fight with the MIA Brenton Miller who missed out on this weeks excitement for a dog show in Fort Collins, CO. The top five were rounded out with Rick Davitto in fourth showing he's a multi-talented driver, and Dan Ott proving that consistency is key.

The crowd pleasing Modified Touring class was, as usual, a NASCAR restrictor plate style race of attrition throughout the qualifying rounds which never saw all the entrants finish a complete round together. But, in a stroke a genius Jeremiah Ward managed to lay down an amazing 100% consistency number in Q2! Troy Carter (Hey, that's me!) managed to get a reasonably clean TQ in round three followed by hot lap Houghton, then Jeremiah taking third on the grid. After a clean start to the race, a miracle for mod cars, we saw Ken Houghton take the lead early on when Troy left the barn door open wide enough for anyone to drive through it. Ken followed that lead change with a blistering set of laps before eventually taking too much curb and letting Troy slip back into the lead with just two laps remaining where he, I, would finish. Jeremiah Ward kept the pressure on the leaders eventually taking a strong third place finish and hotlap for the round. Just off the podium but on the lead lap, Dana Dowell and Rich Sudantus fought hard to finish less than one second apart, respectfully. Mike Garcia, the former GOAT had mechanical problems that forced a DNS on his record while Mike Reggio who made the trip up from Indianapolis came to terms with the big track just outside the lead lap pack.
Lone Drifter likes this.
Old 07-12-2018, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Need a count of how many racers are going to try and make this Saturdays open practice. Their is concern it my not be worth opening the building and treating the track... So, who's in??
Old 07-12-2018, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage View Post
Need a count of how many racers are going to try and make this Saturdays open practice. Their is concern it my not be worth opening the building and treating the track... So, who's in??
Im building a car, so hopefully its done in time...
TeamCarnage likes this.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Unfortunately I'm camping this weekend so I'm out. But, I've heard of a couple that may be going and I've offered some setup help if they call me. Fingers crossed they show.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Looks like a nice weekend coming up! Looking forward to burning some fuel Sunday! Hope to see some like-minded racers at the track.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

I'm in!

I think.

I want to be there.

I should be.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service