Search
Like Tree18Likes

LEISURE HOURS RACEWAY 2018

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
A lot of hard, honest effort went into getting this World Class track ready for the 2018 season. Their is still a few things to take care of, but the track is looking good! Thanks to all who came out today! The Open Practice tomorrow should be a blast. Doors open at 9am. I'm thinking it will be a rotation between Electric and Nitro in 30 minute intervals. Scott will be there in the AM and will advise what he thinks will work. Hope to see many racers!
my nephew and i stopped by the track this morning to pick up a couple bodies he had painted.
it was good to see the nitro cars out on the track.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Was planning to be there yesterday but couldn't make it when is the first raceday?
Old 05-07-2018, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
Was planning to be there yesterday but couldn't make it when is the first raceday?
May 20th
Old 05-23-2018, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Looks like a great Sunday this Memorial Day weekend for some Racing at Leisure Hours. Sunny, Slightly Hot,(90?) and of course, a small chance of a T'Storm. I know some MWS Racers from outta town, Ohio, Ind.,. are coming out to test the LH track in prep for the 2nd race in the MWS. Hope to see a good turnout on this Holiday weekend!

Scott did say that their will be NO Nitro on the weekend of June 10th. That weekend is Electric only for a Series Race.

I did get the okay to run on Fathers Day. More info to follow soon. It'll be most likely an informal test and tune day, and only to prep for the following weekend's MWS Race #2. The track would still be prepped to race conditions Please check back.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 05-24-2018, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Nick,
Will GT and Pan cars run together for club racing? Need to get some testing done before the Series race.

Thanks,
RV
Old 05-24-2018, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

we will try and keep separate but we will combine if necessary to fill the class so everybody runs Otto
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Vessell
Nick,
Will GT and Pan cars run together for club racing? Need to get some testing done before the Series race.

Thanks,
RV
Hey Rick! Otto is correct. Hope to see ya soon! You running Pan or GT?
Old 05-26-2018, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

L. BurlingII and B.Mergy will be at the track at 9am. Break out those Scales and be up for some great competition. And, bring plenty of beverages.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Hey Rick! Otto is correct. Hope to see ya soon! You running Pan or GT?
I have a WRC pan car going together at the moment. Might build up a GT car later if the schedule allows.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by azeroth
we will try and keep separate but we will combine if necessary to fill the class so everybody runs Otto
That's fine. I don't mind running with the GT cars if necessary.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Rick> Get wrenching! We get to race this weekend. The following weekend is a Triple Crown Electric Race.(No Nitro) Then the weekend of the 17th is the last club race day before the following weekends MWS Race #2.

This weekend will be a full race program. After Sunday's practice, a few guys weren't happy that we didn't have an actual race. We DID have the numbers to race. I'll talk to Scott, but I think if their are 12 racers present, we will have to run an actual race program. We may have to mix/match classes to make it work. It'll be 5 minute quals and the Mains will be determined by Scott or Mike Nelson; Race Director. This weekend looks awesome weather-wise. Hope to see everyone Sunday. If someone wants to buy a 977 EVO2.. LMK. Great deal could be had...(Shameless Plug )
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hey Nick,

None of this is up to me so this is all my opinion mixed with some electric guy talk from last weekend...

I wish the nitro guys raced. I was looking forward to seeing it and think you should have even if that mean smaller heats or shorter races. I never bothered to watch the between round practices but would have definitely watched some heat racing. Mod TC sometimes only gets a couple guys and we still race either by ourselves or as a mixed class and everyone has been pretty understanding when this happens. Several of the electric guys I spoke with or heard in the pits Sunday wished nitro raced too. Get it done and race!!!!

Bummer about the triple crown races. I think we should run nitro on those days too and don't see why we can't make it work.

I know myself and most electric guys don't want to marshal long nitro races but I think you could manage to work around this. Compromise right? Maybe that means short nitro races if you don't have enough to look after yourselves during long runs? Maybe that means you need to mix classes? Maybe, that means you'll loan me a 97 EVO2 just to fill out a class ;-)? After all it's better to race with some give and take than not to race at all.

I'm out this Sunday, camping with the kids, but I'll be there June 10th for Asphalt Assault. Maybe the nitro crowd can convince LHR to run you that day too. If not, I'll see you 17th.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

ok troy what tires are working in mod I had 3 tires let loose in three runs some only lasted 2-4 laps before coming apart but then I am thinking to just stick to my nitro cars.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Troy>> You know were all in this to have fun! I'm not going to press Scott to run Nitro every weekend. I'm just happy to have a local place that also happens to be World Class to run when we can.

This weekend, Scott wants to get a consensus about running on Fathers Day. I think he usually closes. I always ran on that day because I'm a proud dad and did what I wanted..(I'm old) This is just a heads up and want racers to know their are options available.

Otto>> Tires that are GLUED securely!! LOL
Old 05-31-2018, 09:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by azeroth
ok troy what tires are working in mod I had 3 tires let loose in three runs some only lasted 2-4 laps before coming apart but then I am thinking to just stick to my nitro cars.
Sorex premounts a durable and I've never had one blow off unless I smacked it off the wall in a funny way. Good grip with decent life but the wheels can be a bit brittle. Sweep Evo's have a better wheel and usually better grip but don't last as long if it's hot out.

I do not run Solaris or Ride tires because of past blowout issues running Mod.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.