Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0 >

Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree225Likes

Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 11:30 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

This is unfortunate news to hear as more tracks close. It was a very nice facility.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

tony,adulting is bullshit
Old 04-16-2019, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
I was thinking about submitting a proposal to you. You have a larger fleet of RC cars than he does!
You're re-hired just so I can make your racing career more miserable. Be prepared to run Mod this Saturday.
Nerobro likes this.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina
Apparently calling him out is the ONLY way to make him be quiet.

I'll say that there were definitely changes I'd have made.

First, I'd make sure to have more guys around to yell at customers over stupid, trivial things such as step stools and where they set their car down between races.

Second, I'd encourage more people to give smart ass remarks when asked for help, instead of actually helping. Nobody needs to share simple information like pan car roll out or FDR, people should just do it the old fashioned way, larger pinion and smaller spur til she melts down.

Third, I'd make sure more people knew to sit in their employee pit spot and peek over the wall at regular customers like they're common criminals, and proclaim that there are no more tabs, but continue to sit there instead of helping them check out.

So, who wants to come to my new track?
you forgot to mention the guy who cheats and doesn't run blinky. then when he gets busted he says in a very rude voice to the people working says does it f"ing matter.. oh wait that was you
Old 04-16-2019, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghosty
you forgot to mention the guy who cheats and doesn't run blinky. then when he gets busted he says in a very rude voice to the people working says does it f"ing matter.. oh wait that was you
I've never run boost in a single thing I own. I was running the R1 speedo which is hard to see the light, and it was confirmed to be in blinky 10 seconds after I was accused of running boost. Tony programmed that speedo the night I bought it, I don't even own a program box for it.

I said "does it matter" because I was having a pretty bad day and came in dead last that heat anyways, same as all but maybe one heat that whole day.

Funny how the guy running foam in the bottom of his shocks and plastic under the arms to take droop out of his euro truck accuses me of cheating.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

You werent blinking more than one noted it. Never said you were running boost but you werent blinking that was the rule and as for what i ran in euro. Umm i didnt make the rules i followed them the same as everone. I actually got the foam from cb who was one of the ones that made the rules as was weight which had to be inside the chassis didnt specify how much and i never ever hid what i did. So before you go trying to call me out you better have your ducks in a row. Hell i could beat your slow ass driving backwards with one hand but what fun would that have been
Old 04-16-2019, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ghosty
You werent blinking more than one noted it. Never said you were running boost but you werent blinking that was the rule and as for what i ran in euro. Umm i didnt make the rules i followed them the same as everone. I actually got the foam from cb who was one of the ones that made the rules as was weight which had to be inside the chassis didnt specify how much and i never ever hid what i did. So before you go trying to call me out you better have your ducks in a row. Hell i could beat your slow ass driving backwards with one hand but what fun would that have been
If I cheated, wouldn't I have been DQ'd from the round? I looked back at the results from the Raw Speed race and I was not DQ'd from any round.

I do, in fact, have my ducks in a row. Here's the set of rules that were put forward by the track, and dates back to the original location. Shimming the suspension and adding foam in the shocks directly violates "no suspension modifications" and "the only modification allowed is ball bearings".

As for making fun of my driving, that's a pretty low blow dude.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:31 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

And we wonder why racing is dying.
mooby64 and RDucky47 like this.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina
If I cheated, wouldn't I have been DQ'd from the round? I looked back at the results from the Raw Speed race and I was not DQ'd from any round.

I do, in fact, have my ducks in a row. Here's the set of rules that were put forward by the track, and dates back to the original location. Shimming the suspension and adding foam in the shocks directly violates "no suspension modifications" and "the only modification allowed is ball bearings".

As for making fun of my driving, that's a pretty low blow dude.

you would have been dq but I didn't feel it was worth the trouble of hearing you complain again.
see nothing in those rules about what I did. and if you would have come around more at the beginning you would have heard the announcement about the modified rules.i didn't make those rules and didn't and you don't have your ducks in a row because if you did you would know I actually didn't run that stuff as it made the truck to bouncy lmfao.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

it's so easy for you to just make this stuff up, I'm done with this. I know for a fact my truck was looked at and confirmed to be in blinky even though it did not first appear to be.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by outlandr91
A figure 8 race is a good idea, there won't be much use for a TC any more
not necessarily true
anthonyscardina and mooby64 like this.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikel33
not necessarily true
anthonyscardina likes this.
Old 04-16-2019, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

A couple things....

1) Very few tracks can make it work based on turnout. If you figure an average of $20 per race fee and say, $10,000 in operating costs, that's 500 race entries per month just to keep the lights on. I don't know the rent at WCRC I'm just throwing that out there but given the area I wouldn't blush at $12,000 a month in operating costs. Race tracks need the hobby shop to pay for the track. With so many team drivers and with on-line shops getting preferred pricing from the manufacturers its really hard. The manufacturers are doing nothing for the hobby shops and eventually when all the racetracks dry up - their own bottom line. When the hobby shop isn't making money it makes harder to bring in merchandise, then when people do want stuff its not there and they go elsewhere and it becomes a downward spiral. It can start very easily. I don't know exactly what happened here, but the warning signs were identical to Harbor Hobby up here by me. Identical.
2) We're not getting enough new racers. We have the same basic core of people that we had when I started. We have not had near enough people getting into racing. Cost is a problem but we'rere not gonna solve that here. One of the other issues is that when we started up a slower class we had an influx of experienced racers dive in and the newer people lost interest - euro truck and 21.5 TC come to mind. Novice drivers need a place to be novice drivers, not getting passed 10 times a lap. Beyond that how you can have 1 carpet track in a metropolitan area of 15 million people and only get 25 people on a Sunday in the winter to race is a big fucking mystery to me.

This is the 2nd carpet track to go down in 3 years. If by some miracle, we get another chance this fall lets take a collective vow not to fuck it up.

michael
Old 04-16-2019, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Anyone want to run Mini class bring them out on Saturday have 3 Mini now
Old 04-16-2019, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

and it's bs crybaby crap like this is why i'm glad i didn't race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.