Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0 >

Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0

Like Tree225Likes

Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0

Old 02-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't. Being ignored in the pro shop, getting insulting answers when I did get attention, unclear signage...

Can't say I've been to a lot of tracks, but I do know I wasn't well treated on my three visits there. ( I visited one in Cincinnati, used one in Vernon hills, visited Harbor three times, and of last weekend Oshkosh)

I hope there is a track that opens to take it's place , and they do better.

To draw a comparison to the paintball field across the road, CPX didn't steal customers, they drew more. They drove the demand that lead to several new fields opening.

I can only hope, that's what windy city will do. :-)

Old 02-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Guys this is not the thread to trash another track, especially after announcing that its closing. It is always a sad day when a track has to close. We hope that the displaced racers find their way to WCRC and we will welcome them with open arms. The nice comments are appreciated about WCRC. Please no more negative comments about the other tracks closing. If you know racers that have been displaced encourage them to give carpet off road a try at WCRC.

hope to see a lot of new faces at the track in the coming days.

thank you for supporting WCRC.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Mike, What batteries can we use? Any limits? Assume each pack will be checked for voltage?

Originally Posted by mikel33 View Post
Ok kids. 4 hour race @ wcrc.

Team of 4, you buy a TT02R kit and build it the morning of the race then race it for 4 hours in the afternoon. You get the body 1 week before to paint. NO TC SCHEMES. Its a race car, paint it like one! If you've done one of these before you know how much fun they are. We've got a thread going on the facebook page also. Let me know if you're interested. Love to see AT LEAST 10 cars out there to make it fun.

Its stock, out of the box. run the speedo and motor from the kit. You supply receiver, servo & transponder.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mark.davis View Post
Mike, What batteries can we use? Any limits? Assume each pack will be checked for voltage?
I think one good 10000, charged to 8.75 should cover the entire 4 hours of driving.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Dang - No video feed today?

Dang, I went to watch the USGT main video from today and no video!! Wanted to watch Richard and I bang out the final lap. crossing the finish line .08 apart! and hear how high the announcer's voice could get? Dang body tuck held me back on the final lap! Good win Richard! Two weeks in a row for some good racing drama!
mark.davis likes this.
Old 02-11-2019, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by minidriver View Post
Dang, I went to watch the USGT main video from today and no video!! Wanted to watch Richard and I bang out the final lap. crossing the finish line .08 apart! and hear how high the announcer's voice could get? Dang body tuck held me back on the final lap! Good win Richard! Two weeks in a row for some good racing drama!
sorry, the camera fell down, we need to remount it.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Went to WCRC for the first time last Sunday, gotta say I was super impressed with the atmosphere, the politeness of the ravers and staff, and the guy calling the races was very entertaining. I'll definitely be purchasing some setups to do Sunday on road there. Money has never been an issue with getting into a local scene, it's always been the ppl.

On that note...

Rather ridiculous a few ppl are trying to trash a track because their ego is too big for them. Having recently moved to Chicago after staring at Leisure from a 4hr+ drive, I'm sad they are going away. I visited a few times jus to try it and had a blast, everybody was super polite and accommodating. It's sad to see such an awesome setup go away.

The best part about Chicago being so large is that we have so many options compared to most places. For those complaining, you're acting like spoiled children.
Old 02-16-2019, 03:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Finally
qcrc likes this.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It was a fun day there today!
Old 02-18-2019, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Registration is open for the March 23rd Rsmiya TCS race at WCRC

https://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/schedule/
Old 02-18-2019, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I could see how some people may have felt left out at LHR it was sort of "cliquey" but I absolutely loved going there two times a week for 5+ years even at 1 hr drive each way. The slash racing was epic too, to bad SCT did away with it. I'd still be racing it if the class was still around. I think offroad was a bit more laid back than on road was although some of the same ran both. I really miss a bunch of those guys. Bernie was great so was Mike Nelson. Lot's of good memories there and it got me back into the hobby after a bit of a hiatus from racing in the middle of the RC mecca of the time in SoCal in the late 80s. Used to race w/ Kinwald in Huntington Beach when he was sponsored by Losi as well as Masami with his goofy stick radio. His JRXT (I think) and my gold chassis RC10 was always a fun race. Ahh, memories. Sadly I don't feel it's as fun anymore.. I just got a new euro truck to race out at WCRC and for some reason I am just not feeling it.

Dave
mark.davis likes this.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TT_Vert View Post
I could see how some people may have felt left out at LHR it was sort of "cliquey" but I absolutely loved going there two times a week for 5+ years even at 1 hr drive each way. The slash racing was epic too, to bad SCT did away with it. I'd still be racing it if the class was still around. I think offroad was a bit more laid back than on road was although some of the same ran both. I really miss a bunch of those guys. Bernie was great so was Mike Nelson. Lot's of good memories there and it got me back into the hobby after a bit of a hiatus from racing in the middle of the RC mecca of the time in SoCal in the late 80s. Used to race w/ Kinwald in Huntington Beach when he was sponsored by Losi as well as Masami with his goofy stick radio. His JRXT (I think) and my gold chassis RC10 was always a fun race. Ahh, memories. Sadly I don't feel it's as fun anymore.. I just got a new euro truck to race out at WCRC and for some reason I am just not feeling it.

Dave

Give it some time. Windy city will grow on you. With all these recent track closings in Chicagoland I would imagine alot of the people you race with at Leisure will end up at Windy City and it will be fun and games all over again. Play your cards right or wrong and you'll get a nick name when you hit the loop.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KINGZJ View Post
Give it some time. Windy city will grow on you. With all these recent track closings in Chicagoland I would imagine alot of the people you race with at Leisure will end up at Windy City and it will be fun and games all over again. Play your cards right or wrong and you'll get a nick name when you hit the loop.
Not interested in any of that. When I saw LH was closing I looked at some race lists and in offroad not one of the OG guys is there anymore. The hobby has changed IMO and it has driven many away, plus with internet shopping it's very hard for tracks to stay open (Or any business in Illinois for that matter). It used to be 50 people a night was a slow day but now 20-30 is pretty good apparently. I'm impressed these places can stay open w/ the overhead they have to have.

Dave
Old 02-19-2019, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

Finally
Glad to see you made it out!

How was it?
Old 02-19-2019, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TT_Vert View Post
Not interested in any of that. When I saw LH was closing I looked at some race lists and in offroad not one of the OG guys is there anymore. The hobby has changed IMO and it has driven many away, plus with internet shopping it's very hard for tracks to stay open (Or any business in Illinois for that matter). It used to be 50 people a night was a slow day but now 20-30 is pretty good apparently. I'm impressed these places can stay open w/ the overhead they have to have.

Dave
If you dont support your local racetrack it will be gone. I get frustrated when I can't buy what I need at the track. The problem is with the track hobby shops is they can't get what they have ordered. I was chatting with Eric on Sunday about this and his hands are simply tied. Everything that I was looking for is on forever backorder. However if I order from Amain its in stock. Places like Amain is the real problem they order so much that they are always the first to get their shelves filled then what little they dont take gets spread out to all the small tracks. Items that are hard for tracks to get right now, good batteries, decent LEGAL motors, tires, bodies, I know theirs much more but that is what I can remember for sure. I know tarrifs are playing a role as well its getting very expensive to bring containers in from China. Always looking to save a buck is catching up with our hobby big time. Need some made in the usa companys again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.