Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0 >

Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0

Like Tree225Likes

Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0

Old 01-30-2019, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Yeah I need to practice some more technique on flipping my euro truck back on it's 4 wheels after traction rolling two times a lap. Seriously ready to punt this thing already LOL.

Dave
Old 01-30-2019, 08:38 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
Yeah I need to practice some more technique on flipping my euro truck back on it's 4 wheels after traction rolling two times a lap. Seriously ready to punt this thing already LOL.

Dave
I’ve seen your posts. Haven’t tried my Euro Truck on any surface yet.
Old 01-30-2019, 04:26 PM
Tech Prophet

For those with the day off Thursday
Old 02-04-2019, 06:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Well, 21.5TC was a big hit again yesterday!

Thanks to everyone who came out, it was a blast!
Old 02-07-2019, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

With Leisure Hours closing in March ( looking for a new building), WCRC will be the only game in town.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
With Leisure Hours closing in March ( looking for a new building), WCRC will be the only game in town.
  • Wonder why Scott is doing that? Last I knew that building was paid off in full some time ago.
Dave
Old 02-07-2019, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

They stated on the post that overhead was not being met, and that an offer was made on the property. Someone else commented that there's some kind of bridge going in that goes thru the property. The best thing we can do at this point is help out racers who may want to come give carpet racing a shot.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina
They stated on the post that overhead was not being met, and that an offer was made on the property. Someone else commented that there's some kind of bridge going in that goes thru the property. The best thing we can do at this point is help out racers who may want to come give carpet racing a shot.
Wow that sucks. Wonder if it was eminent domain more than overhead. If LH can't make ends meet on a paid off property I don't know how anyone does.

Dave
Old 02-08-2019, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The bridge took out Challenge Park, which was across the street from Leisure. I'd be surprised if that same thing is taking out leisure. And that took out CPX last year.

That said... that's a big building, and it's not near much.

Look at it this way, with the newly freed up racers, maybe we'll get another track started up. :-) (Mind, my opinion on Leisure isn't... good... My experiences were never stellar there.)
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

I hope those "newly freed up racers" come to WCRC

Originally Posted by Nerobro
The bridge took out Challenge Park, which was across the street from Leisure. I'd be surprised if that same thing is taking out leisure. And that took out CPX last year.

That said... that's a big building, and it's not near much.

Look at it this way, with the newly freed up racers, maybe we'll get another track started up. :-) (Mind, my opinion on Leisure isn't... good... My experiences were never stellar there.)

Old 02-08-2019, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

It's nearly an hour away. There's plenty of room for another track. We want more drivers, poaching drivers doesn't help anyone long term. :-/
Old 02-08-2019, 06:14 AM
Tech Prophet

It's nearly an hour away. There's plenty of room for another track. We want more drivers, poaching drivers doesn't help anyone long term. :-/
Probably not best thread for the discussion. A number raced at both. I don’t know if there enuff down here anymore to fully support one.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

A trucking firm bought LHR. All available land in the immediate area will be cargo distribution in the near future. The huge intermodal facility east of the track was a game changer. Just like the toll bridge that will go onto I55 that will be built soon.
Nerobro likes this.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

Probably not best thread for the discussion. A number raced at both. I don’t know if there enuff down here anymore to fully support one.
Why not?

To continue the discussion, there's a big function in sports like this of "If you build it, they will come." Especially if you do something awesome like WCRC and have a location that gets traffic, and ~looks good~. Leisure looked like a place that you'd get beaten up at, or arrested for loitering at.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

And you wonder why your experiences were never stellar there
Why not?

To continue the discussion, there's a big function in sports like this of "If you build it, they will come." Especially if you do something awesome like WCRC and have a location that gets traffic, and ~looks good~. Leisure looked like a place that you'd get beaten up at, or arrested for loitering at.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.