Like Tree88Likes

Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0

Reply

Old 12-06-2018, 11:20 AM
  #301  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
KINGZJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: South Milwaukee,WISCONSIN
Posts: 2,231
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

$40 is cheap for 3 solid days of racing. If saving $10 is the deal breaker on weather or not to run this race or a second class then you were just looking for an excuse to not come to the race. This is a very expensive facility and is very well maintained. They rely on larger races to help offset the slow times during the year. You want a nice place to race then simply pay up or the track will no longer be around.
KINGZJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:25 AM
  #302  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 5,385
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KINGZJ View Post
$40 is cheap for 3 solid days of racing. If saving $10 is the deal breaker on weather or not to run this race or a second class then you were just looking for an excuse to not come to the race. This is a very expensive facility and is very well maintained. They rely on larger races to help offset the slow times during the year. You want a nice place to race then simply pay up or the track will no longer be around.
We all know itís a great facility. Just some were asking about a second class. With previous events there have been discounts for those running multiple class. That was at the old building. Itís understandable that with the new, much larger place, that may no longer be an option.
Billy Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:40 AM
  #303  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (49)
 
CSeils's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 842
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KINGZJ View Post
$40 is cheap for 3 solid days of racing. If saving $10 is the deal breaker on weather or not to run this race or a second class then you were just looking for an excuse to not come to the race. This is a very expensive facility and is very well maintained. They rely on larger races to help offset the slow times during the year. You want a nice place to race then simply pay up or the track will no longer be around.

Only reason I asked was that 90% of all large participation races have a reduced entry for multiple classes. Not an excuse, just wondering.
CSeils is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:52 AM
  #304  
Tech Master
iTrader: (17)
 
f1larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 1,916
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

If you look at the other big races the first class entry is much higher than $40. They are usually $50-$60 for the first class and $35 for the 2nd class which is still higher than 2 classes at the winter classic. That being said we will be leaving entry at $40 for the first and 2nd class entry and $20 for a 3rd class and beyond.
Rick Vessell likes this.
f1larry is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:04 PM
  #305  
MD
Tech Champion
iTrader: (126)
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,206
Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KINGZJ View Post
$40 is cheap for 3 solid days of racing. If saving $10 is the deal breaker on weather or not to run this race or a second class then you were just looking for an excuse to not come to the race. This is a very expensive facility and is very well maintained. They rely on larger races to help offset the slow times during the year. You want a nice place to race then simply pay up or the track will no longer be around.

I was just looking fir information not excuses. There are big races where the second and third classes are cheaper. The more people you get through the door means more sales of parts and tires. In the current hobby economy all hobby stores need more business.
MD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:04 PM
  #306  
Dan
Tech Elite
iTrader: (53)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,769
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

I was just curious that is all. Thanks for clarifying. A few of us will try to make the trip down. Might do 2 or 3 classes. Agreed that it is an amazing facility.
Dan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:17 AM
  #307  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 5,385
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default


For those that do use Facebook
Billy Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:08 AM
  #308  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (70)
 
TT_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Wauconda, IL.
Posts: 4,000
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, see WCRC has a new facility that I'd like to check out. Their web page doesn't have this weeks schedule, are they racing today?

Dave
TT_Vert is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 11:40 AM
  #309  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 5,385
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TT_Vert View Post
Hey guys, see WCRC has a new facility that I'd like to check out. Their web page doesn't have this weeks schedule, are they racing today?

Dave
Sunday is on road. It started at 11am. Saturdays are off road. Facebook is best source for info from them.
Billy Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:13 PM
  #310  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (70)
 
TT_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Wauconda, IL.
Posts: 4,000
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

Sunday is on road. It started at 11am. Saturdays are off road. Facebook is best source for info from them.
Thanks facebook just shows upcoming events which begin 12/15. Don't see their racing schedule otherwise. It directs you to their page which has a schedule that is a week behind. When do the mains usually start/end on Sundays? I'd like to swing by and see the new place but not if racing is over already. Didn't want to bother them by calling but I may do so.

Thanks

Dave
TT_Vert is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:32 PM
  #311  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 5,385
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TT_Vert View Post
Thanks facebook just shows upcoming events which begin 12/15. Don't see their racing schedule otherwise. It directs you to their page which has a schedule that is a week behind. When do the mains usually start/end on Sundays? I'd like to swing by and see the new place but not if racing is over already. Didn't want to bother them by calling but I may do so.

Thanks

Dave


This seems to be a typical week. They usually post it on Monday. Unfortunately I currently canít get there for race or practice. Going off LiveRC, mains seem to start around 4:30-5.
Billy Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:50 PM
  #312  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 5,385
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Billy Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:57 PM
  #313  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (70)
 
TT_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Wauconda, IL.
Posts: 4,000
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post



This seems to be a typical week. They usually post it on Monday. Unfortunately I currently canít get there for race or practice. Going off LiveRC, mains seem to start around 4:30-5.
Thanks, I stopped by today. A bit light on participation but the new place is VERY nice!

Dave
TT_Vert is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 05:09 PM
  #314  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Far south suburbs of Chicago area
Posts: 5,385
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TT_Vert View Post
Thanks, I stopped by today. A bit light on participation but the new place is VERY nice!

Dave
Looking at LiveRC, 30-40 is about average.
Billy Kelly is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:15 PM
  #315  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (70)
 
TT_Vert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Wauconda, IL.
Posts: 4,000
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

Looking at LiveRC, 30-40 is about average.
wow, i guess times have changed Not sure how there is any money in this business anymore. The overhead has to be through the roof there given the sheer size. Then you have to heat/cool and light the place.


Dave
TT_Vert is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service