Like Tree88Likes

Windy city rc raceway and hobbies 2.0

Old 12-06-2018, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

$40 is cheap for 3 solid days of racing. If saving $10 is the deal breaker on weather or not to run this race or a second class then you were just looking for an excuse to not come to the race. This is a very expensive facility and is very well maintained. They rely on larger races to help offset the slow times during the year. You want a nice place to race then simply pay up or the track will no longer be around.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KINGZJ View Post
$40 is cheap for 3 solid days of racing. If saving $10 is the deal breaker on weather or not to run this race or a second class then you were just looking for an excuse to not come to the race. This is a very expensive facility and is very well maintained. They rely on larger races to help offset the slow times during the year. You want a nice place to race then simply pay up or the track will no longer be around.
We all know itís a great facility. Just some were asking about a second class. With previous events there have been discounts for those running multiple class. That was at the old building. Itís understandable that with the new, much larger place, that may no longer be an option.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Only reason I asked was that 90% of all large participation races have a reduced entry for multiple classes. Not an excuse, just wondering.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If you look at the other big races the first class entry is much higher than $40. They are usually $50-$60 for the first class and $35 for the 2nd class which is still higher than 2 classes at the winter classic. That being said we will be leaving entry at $40 for the first and 2nd class entry and $20 for a 3rd class and beyond.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:04 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

I was just looking fir information not excuses. There are big races where the second and third classes are cheaper. The more people you get through the door means more sales of parts and tires. In the current hobby economy all hobby stores need more business.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:04 PM
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

I was just curious that is all. Thanks for clarifying. A few of us will try to make the trip down. Might do 2 or 3 classes. Agreed that it is an amazing facility.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

For those that do use Facebook
Old 12-09-2018, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Hey guys, see WCRC has a new facility that I'd like to check out. Their web page doesn't have this weeks schedule, are they racing today?

Dave
Old 12-09-2018, 11:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TT_Vert View Post
Hey guys, see WCRC has a new facility that I'd like to check out. Their web page doesn't have this weeks schedule, are they racing today?

Dave
Sunday is on road. It started at 11am. Saturdays are off road. Facebook is best source for info from them.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

Sunday is on road. It started at 11am. Saturdays are off road. Facebook is best source for info from them.
Thanks facebook just shows upcoming events which begin 12/15. Don't see their racing schedule otherwise. It directs you to their page which has a schedule that is a week behind. When do the mains usually start/end on Sundays? I'd like to swing by and see the new place but not if racing is over already. Didn't want to bother them by calling but I may do so.

Thanks

Dave
Old 12-09-2018, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks facebook just shows upcoming events which begin 12/15. Don't see their racing schedule otherwise. It directs you to their page which has a schedule that is a week behind. When do the mains usually start/end on Sundays? I'd like to swing by and see the new place but not if racing is over already. Didn't want to bother them by calling but I may do so.

Thanks

Dave

This seems to be a typical week. They usually post it on Monday. Unfortunately I currently canít get there for race or practice. Going off LiveRC, mains seem to start around 4:30-5.
Old 12-09-2018, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Old 12-09-2018, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

This seems to be a typical week. They usually post it on Monday. Unfortunately I currently canít get there for race or practice. Going off LiveRC, mains seem to start around 4:30-5.
Thanks, I stopped by today. A bit light on participation but the new place is VERY nice!

Dave
Old 12-09-2018, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks, I stopped by today. A bit light on participation but the new place is VERY nice!

Dave
Looking at LiveRC, 30-40 is about average.
Old 12-09-2018, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Looking at LiveRC, 30-40 is about average.
wow, i guess times have changed Not sure how there is any money in this business anymore. The overhead has to be through the roof there given the sheer size. Then you have to heat/cool and light the place.

Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service